• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ads Instead of Chests?

ekarat

When I do visits now, I get ads at about the frequency I get chests (not every time but about half the time).

It's too frequent, and it makes me want to stop doing visits until they remove this change.

ekarat

To clarify: This is on desktop web browser, and I'm seeing ads for gems -- roughly every other time I visit someone.

Someone else in my FS counted and had the ad pop up for them 6 times.

I don't mind ads when I log in. That's fine. Every other visit is just too frequent (especially for the exact same ad) and makes me want to stop visiting.

Kekune

@ekarat
I just logged in to the browser version and returned about a dozen visits. I didn't get any ads/offers popping up. However, I did already have a single offer pop up this morning (I was on mobile at the time) and it is still visible in the top right corner of my screen.

Maybe this isn't intentionally attached to visits, but you're experiencing a bug/glitch related to a one-time offer?

ekarat

@ekarat
I just logged in to the browser version and returned about a dozen visits. I didn't get any ads/offers popping up. However, I did already have a single offer pop up this morning (I was on mobile at the time) and it is still visible in the top right corner of my screen.

Maybe this isn't intentionally attached to visits, but you're experiencing a bug/glitch related to a one-time offer?

Investigating further, a FS member said his popped up when he was building a manufactory, not doing visits.
So, it might just be every other time you open a window/popup. For me, it was when doing visits.

Gladiola

Maybe try clearing your cache and refreshing your browser? It could be that it doesn't "know" you've seen the ad. I had an ad today (for royal restoratios with diamonds) and just did neighborly help to try it out, and it didn't cause the ad to pop up again.

Iyapo1

So far I have gotten 3 different ads. One 8s the standard % off for diamonds, one a cash for diamonds with extra RRs, and the last is a diamonds for DAs, petfood, a manta ray, orc ship, crab house and two hour timers.

StarLoad

So far I have gotten 3 different ads. One 8s the standard % off for diamonds, one a cash for diamonds with extra RRs, and the last is a diamonds for DAs, petfood, a manta ray, orc ship, crab house and two hour timers.
I dont like seeing ads that are not sent to all, that is discrimination, So I hope that everyone get these

NightshadeCS

The sale that they are calling the Joys of June Special is in all three of my cities on PC. You can only buy one each of the buildings offered, but you can buy them in each city. I have been trying to figure out what to do with all my diamonds (1st world problem, I know), and am pretty happy to use 800 x 3 for an extra DA in each city. What does everyone think of these offers? Manta Ray is a pretty solid mana producer...

June 2021 Sale.jpg

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yup I got that one on EN Lel account today, and an obnoxious diamond sale offer on several cities that was defective like @ekarat said.

Gladiola

Nothing that is exciting for me in this sale in chapter 4. I have 31 pet food saved from hoarding crafted ones and I think 5 DAs from the Spire. Maybe @Eudaemonia would like the manta ray as a supply producer in pre-Woodelves cities?

I also now have the diamond sale offer that does not offer any discount.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Nothing that is exciting for me in this sale in chapter 4. I have 31 pet food saved from hoarding crafted ones and I think 5 DAs from the Spire. Maybe @Eudaemonia would like the manta ray as a supply producer in pre-Woodelves cities?

It is not a diamond sale, it is a bonus KP with purchase sale.

As for the building sale, the Orc Ship will make orcs when bought in, or upgraded to, chapter 8. So if anyone has the spare diamonds and wants orcs as soon as they are in chapter 8, it could be good buy, depending on current chapter.

DeletedUser27062

The manta ray offers good mana for my S&D city - better than the FM so I grabbed one there. I had to chuckle at asking 300 diamonds for pet food and 800 for a DA :D

Valtitude

I saw two Pet Food (PF) offers in Crafting last week. I needed more. This morning I have an ad to purchase PF for 350 Diamonds each, along with other buildings including Dwarven Armory (DA) and others at various prices. I use both PF and DA for tourneys.
Realize tourney strategy is changing, no more heavy pushing for relics every nine weeks, but purchasing PF?! Come on, Inno! Can I buy premium PF with Diamonds - ie: 2 for price of 1?
* chuckles *
Only partly joking.

Valtitude

It is not a diamond sale, it is a bonus KP with purchase sale.

As for the building sale, the Orc Ship will make orcs when bought in, or upgraded to, chapter 8. So if anyone has the spare diamonds and wants orcs as soon as they are in chapter 8, it could be good buy, depending on current chapter.
"Special offer purchases" written right there in same line. Some ads are for Diamonds, Expansion sales etc.