• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Advanced manufactory

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That means you are able to upgrade them past level 4. Previously you'd have been stuck there, with the "upgrade" button saying "research" instead.

DeletedUser4923

Any reason to upgrade the marble if you are steel boosted? Just getting the dwarves in

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Any reason to upgrade the marble if you are steel boosted? Just getting the dwarves in
No. In general, unless you have no-one to trade with, there's not even a point having any of your non-boosted factories. It is much more efficient to replace non-boosted factories with boosted ones and trade. Even if you have to offer a significant premium to get trades, the boost advantage per square of city more than pays for offering an instinctive. If your boost is at 200%, you can offer 200 steel for 100 marble and come out even over making your own marble unboosted.

Eldenisa Tiege

How to know "good" trade. If I offered 100 steel for 200 marble would I get a 1 or 2 star rating?

Would I want to accept an offer of 100 steel for 200 marble?

Gath Of Baal

How to know "good" trade. If I offered 100 steel for 200 marble would I get a 1 or 2 star rating?

Would I want to accept an offer of 100 steel for 200 marble?

I think your example of 100 steel for 200 marble would be a 0 star trade, and I would not accept trades under a 2 star trade if I were you, unless you have a prearranged trade with someone else who you are trying to help by giving them more

DeletedUser4692

Yes, had that backwards.

I have been staying away from those trades but then I became confused

Thank you, Gath of Baal
When I do my trades with my boosted I will put for instance my steel is my boosted. I put up 500 to give and want lets say marble 475. That makes it a 3 star trade. If I do 1000 steel I ask for 950 marble and thats a 3 star trade. Some times I will give better offers but thats how I normally do it. You get a good deal and so does the person getting the trade. If your in a Fellowship you can make the deals better. Your choice.

Eldenisa Tiege

When I do my trades with my boosted I will put for instance my steel is my boosted. I put up 500 to give and want lets say marble 475. That makes it a 3 star trade. If I do 1000 steel I ask for 950 marble and thats a 3 star trade. Some times I will give better offers but thats how I normally do it. You get a good deal and so does the person getting the trade. If your in a Fellowship you can make the deals better. Your choice.

Thank you, Trillianone

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Other than a pre-arranged help there is another reason to accept a 0-1 star trades, well more a 1 star trade or a fair trade with the trading fee.

If you are desperate for a trade and the alternative options are worse than a star trade it can become a reasonable consideration. If your 1 star trade offers a better rate than the wholesaler for example than you might consider it. The blooming trader wonder opens up the options more in this area as you can pay a smaller fee, to the point it is not much different than posting some 3 star trades, except the other person only gets an equal amount.

Last edited: