• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Advanced scout and previous chapter

Cheral

Good morning all! I'm just finishing up the Advanced Scout and about to enter Scorcerers and Dragons. Is it alright for me to sell off the grafting and forest fabrication items now, so that I can make space for 1 or 2 more Willows (need the mana!)? Do I need to wait to actually open the Advanced Scouts, or is simply starting it enough?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Cheral You are not considered as being officially in a new chapter until you finish research on Advanced Scouts. However if you have already started research on it, then you have already done every research that needs Woodelves goods. So you can get rid of the Woodelves settlement.

Also if you are having mana issues, try making Festival Merchants in the magic academy. They are MUCH better than Weeping Willows for producing mana. A WW makes 186 mana an hour. A Woodelves level FM makes 225 mana an hour. A Sorcerers and Dragons level FM is going to make 300 mana an hour. And the FMs are smaller. You can fit 3 FMs in the space 2 WWs occupy.

Cheral

Thanks Henroo! Unfortunately, Festival Merchants doesn't seem to be an option for me in the academy. Is it one of those crafting items that only rolls around once in a while?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Thanks Henroo! Unfortunately, Festival Merchants doesn't seem to be an option for me in the academy. Is it one of those crafting items that only rolls around once in a while?
Yes. The options to craft change every 6 hours. Just keep an eye out and eventually you will see them. What I did was build Weeping Willows at the start of Woodelves and then slowly replaced them as Festival Merchants became available. But it took nearly the entire chapter to get enough FMs to become available. If you have access to Royal Restoration spells you can also boost mana production by upgrading either the Festive May Tree or the Wise Golem to Woodelves level. When you do this, both of them switch from making goods every 24 hours to making mana every 24 hours.

If you have not gotten enough Festival Merchants there is going to be a building called Arcane Library that unlocks in Sorcerers and Dragons. It is not as good as a FM but it is better than a Weeping Willow for producing mana (does give you less culture than a WW). Arcane Library is a 3x5 and will make 200 mana an hour. WW is a 5x5 and makes 186 mana an hour.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I haven't seen the "sell your portal" quest in either Sorcerers or Halflings, so I guess they stop offering that quest once you're out of wood elves. I'd sell off everything, (unless, of course, you want to build streets that require any of those goods.)

Henroo is right on the FMs. They are wonderful. Mana sawmills are worthy as a choice, too, though not as good as FMs.

Cheral

The only road I've seen that needs any of these goods is Enigma Ave. Is that road a "must have" anywhere?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I haven't seen the "sell your portal" quest in either Sorcerers or Halflings, so I guess they stop offering that quest once you're out of wood elves. I'd sell off everything, (unless, of course, you want to build streets that require any of those goods.)

Streets are actually not a factor for the Woodelves settlement. Unlike previous chapters such as Dwarves or Fairies, the Greenery Street unlocked in Woodelves only needs mana, it does not require any of the other guest race goods. So there is no point in making extra guest race goods at the end of Woodelves.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
What about after Woodelves? Remember, I'm heading into Sorcerers & Dragons. :)
IDK, S&D is as far as I have gotten myself. Currently doing it. I will say that the settlement buildings in S&D are huge. Compared to Woodelves it occupies significantly more space. I added 2 expansions to my city merely for extra settlement area, and moved some stuff around for extra space. And it is still not enough. I am going to have to further move/rearrange stuff to have the area to fully upgrade the Campus building. So get ready for that. It is not very likely that the area you had devoted to a Woodelves settlement will be enough for a S&D settlement.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
You can go into the building menu and hover over unlocked streets to get a pop-up showing what it will take to place that street. I think Henroo is correct, guest race goods were only required for streets through Ch8 Orcs.

Cheral

Thanks samidodamage, I did that. But for example, Enigma Ave appears to need treant sprouts from the forest fabrication. But is there anywhere after Woodelves that Enigma Ave is actually a "required" street/path, like swamp trails were in Orcs or forest streams were in Woodelves? If so, then that would mean I have to keep the forest fabrications in order to continue making the sprouts.

Does that make any more sense? (I guess I just REALLY want to get out of the Woodelves level! LOL)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Thanks samidodamage, I did that. But for example, Enigma Ave appears to need treant sprouts from the forest fabrication. But is there anywhere after Woodelves that Enigma Ave is actually a "required" street/path, like swamp trails were in Orcs or forest streams were in Woodelves? If so, then that would mean I have to keep the forest fabrications in order to continue making the sprouts.

Does that make any more sense? (I guess I just REALLY want to get out of the Woodelves level! LOL)
I think those are seeds, not Treant Sprouts

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Enigma Ave is actually a "required" street/path, like swamp trails were in Orcs or forest streams were in Woodelves?
Short answer: No. If the 'street' is found in the first tab of the build menu 'Basics', then it is a regular road to connect bldgs to the main hall. The other 'roads' are found in the 'Settlements' tab of the build menu and are specific to that guest race and used to connect guest race production bldgs to the guest race portal bldg in guest races that use 'roads'. S&D for example will not use guest race roads at all, there will be a sort of 'portal' (Wisdom Square) that connects to the Campus and the guest race goods production bldgs will connect to the Campus by touching at least one square of the Campus (like set bldgs work). And don't miss this part of Henroo's post, either:
the settlement buildings in S&D are huge.
Once you move to even higher chapters, you'll need even more space for the Guest Race settlements, but I do remember the shock of how much room the S&D buildings took up when I got to it the first time!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Streets are actually not a factor for the Woodelves settlement. Unlike previous chapters such as Dwarves or Fairies, the Greenery Street unlocked in Woodelves only needs mana, it does not require any of the other guest race goods. So there is no point in making extra guest race goods at the end of Woodelves.
Thanks, Henroo; I didn't bother to look so I'm glad you knew that. :)