• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Advanced Scouting Evolving Building

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Here's the "problem" needing solved: The long scouting times you get to when you get to about chapter 15 (some would say earlier). This problem often results in not having any provinces to do when you get the quest to solve X number of encounters and there is no tournament going on. I once had to way Saturday, Sunday, and Monday in the midst of an event before I could do the next quest, which required I do X number of encounters or tournament encounters. Because my scouting takes so long I can't keep provinces ready to explore.

Solution: An evolving building where each evolution shortens the scouting by X percent. I'd max it out at 50%, but it would be very much worth it. You would feed it at the beginning of a scout and it would last for 5 days.

Pros:

1) The ridiculously long scouting times would be reduced and thus the player would run out of provinces to do less often.
2) The addition of a type of benefit not currently available. No buildings that I know of enable a shorter scouting time. (Of course if there are and I missed it, this whole thread is less needed, right?)

Cons:

1) Coding, of course.

Discussion.

As to coding, since they already compute the scouting times by looking at all the things that contribute to the length of the scout (mostly the research done), about two lines of code would need to be added, "Does the person have the building?" and "Has it been fed?"

AJ

TalimSwift

and what in the world compels you to complete all the provinces as soon as you scout them? Just keep scouting, and keep 5-6 provinces untouched at all times, in case you get those quests. By the time one event ends, you will have scouted your buffer back again.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
Faster scouts would be nice, but I think it would change the balance in the game (not necessarily bad, I can't decide), it would also make some wonders better, e.g. Tome, EE, Enar's Embassy.

ajqtrz

and what in the world compels you to complete all the provinces as soon as you scout them? Just keep scouting, and keep 5-6 provinces untouched at all times, in case you get those quests. By the time one event ends, you will have scouted your buffer back again.

I did save up a lot but over the last 4 events I've used them all up -- about 10 or so, if I remember correctly. What made me do them us a "collect 20 relics" followed by "complete 20 encounters" followed by "complete one province" and finished with "earn 12 KP" or "20 relics" or something like that. Do that two or three times in an event and your scouting just can't keep enough provinces open. The other mistake I've made is to rush through the Spire so when it says "complete 8 Spire encounters or 8 encounters" I have none to do. I've learned from that and now leave a lot of the Spire encounters open until the end. That's helped, but I still run out of provinces I can do for relics, KP, and to fulfill the "complete encounters" quests because my scouting takes too long and I use them faster than I can scout.

AJ

defiantoneks

I agree with comment above that I save them. I just scout, scout scout. really only complete those open provinces during event requirements. drop troop boosts then also.

i have crafted relics for that requirement. and earning kp is something i wait for and/or collect from special buildings so it really doesn't take that long.

edit: i also craft time boosts fairly continuously so scoots get a kick in the pants with those.

Last edited:

DeletedUser27062

I am not for this idea. Now, if you wanted to create a Builder's Hut. but for Scouts, that let you buy a 2nd Scout with diamonds, then that would be more interesting. And since it would make Inno money, they might go for it.

This is a great idea.

BrinDarby

This occurs to both Scout-locked , Research-locked, and Province locked.

In any case, as 1 of those ppl that cannot do reg encounters, or finish
a province.... scouting is iffy.. I have to Sync how fast I do tasks, and which
of Spire/Tourn are available.... If I breeze thru the tasks too fast, I will get
"stuck" and have to wait a couple days for specific encounters.

I do not see this idea as the correct problem or solution, and cannot
support it, in its current form. Didn't Inno add all those "or" tasks for
exactly this reason ??? To give players another option ???

michmarc

I think the majority of the 'encounter or something' and 'gain relics' quests are intended to be completed via the tournament. Consider gain 20 relics: that's 20 encounters on the world map, but it is probably only about 5 tourney encounters since each of those awards multiple relics. With proper timing, you probably only need about two provinces worth of encounters (at best) to handle poorly timed quests.

Events are 20+ days long for a reason -- there is really no point in rushing through in a single day.

ajqtrz

I am not for this idea. Now, if you wanted to create a Builder's Hut. but for Scouts, that let you buy a 2nd Scout with diamonds, then that would be more interesting. And since it would make Inno money, they might go for it.

I have no problem with alternative solutions. And this sounds like a nice one.

I think the majority of the 'encounter or something' and 'gain relics' quests are intended to be completed via the tournament. Consider gain 20 relics: that's 20 encounters on the world map, but it is probably only about 5 tourney encounters since each of those awards multiple relics. With proper timing, you probably only need about two provinces worth of encounters (at best) to handle poorly timed quests.

Events are 20+ days long for a reason -- there is really no point in rushing through in a single day.

I agree that it would be great if the tournaments didn't halt Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and part of Tuesday. Since I finish my tournament on Friday (because I've done all the rounds on all the provinces I can do given my abilities), the need for this is for the three days I have to halt -- which adds up to a potential 9 out of 21 since there are three tournaments in a 21 day event. And you are right that I don't have to rush through it, in the same way I shouldn't have to wait three days to do a quest because my scouting times have become so long.

Still, you are right that my timing could be better and perhaps that too, is a partial solution.

AJ

michmarc

Because I have a L31 TimeWarp, plus a Polar Bear, I have zero tourney cooldown. This lets me put out five-day buildings on Thursday night and use them for two full tournaments (and two Spire runs). This week was a "Tuesday" week so I did my normal 20 rounds that day. Halfway through, I realized what I should have done is do just a single star for the first 10 provinces (the ones I can win w/o needing any extra help) to save for the event this week and only do the harder provinces before my buildings expire.

But I only remembered to do that after I'd finished all stars on 12 provinces. DOH!