• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Advanced Scouts Price Decrease

DeletedUser1017

I'm wondering if you can figure out the decrease in cost from the advanced scout upgrade. I'm assuming the first element on the next level on our research map will be an advanced scout. I have a neighbor whom I have only 1 province to scout to reach. Currently it is showing a cost of 6,200 M to scout. With the level 17 Main Hall I can hold 5,700 M coins. Do you think the next advanced scout will decrease this enough for me to scout it? If so, I will refrain from scouting other provinces, as that makes the price increase. If not, I will give up on 'discovering' him. Thanks everyone!

~fawnup

DeletedUser1269

I hope it decreases not only the cost, but also the time. Scouting times are my biggest bottleneck right now.

DeletedUser61

I'm wondering if you can figure out the decrease in cost from the advanced scout upgrade.
We haven't been able to find any reliable formulas for the incremental cost as you scout each province, nor for the Ring to Ring jumps, nor for the Advanced Scouting technology discount. If you have some data that you trust, we'd love to hear from you over in the EN forum at https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index....e-and-number-of-trades.1827/page-2#post-12084, which includes some nice graphics and a spreadsheet that may be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1017

Thanks Katwijk for the info! I checked out the site, but I can't pull up the spreadsheets you have, as I am not a member of the en.forum. Would it be possible to post them here in this forum? If not no worries. I would be interested in reading the info you have about it though!

I tried registering with the en.forum, but as I don't have a world in that realm, it won't let me register for that forum.

DeletedUser61

Here's my current graph. I've circled the wagons at the end of chapter I, because I want to complete Ring 3 before I research the Advanced Scouts, and I'm also upgrading my Residences and Workshops so that I won't have to die an inch at a time during chapter II.

If you've been monitoring the above linked EN forum, you'll be aware that I'm doing some interesting stuff with the Excel Trace Precedents widget, and that's included in the attached spreadsheet.

en2Scouting 2016A23.png

Attachments

• en2Katwijk 2016A23.zip
    92.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited by a moderator: