• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Advice for gaining more supply points

DeletedUser3871

Hi

You may have noticed that there is a difference in the Evolution tree between Elves and Humans. One of these differences is in Chapter 2 Evolving. In the Elf tree you get to Advance your Workshop at the same time as Advancing Steel, Marble and Planks. Then you move on to Level 2 goods Crystal, Silk and Scrolls. Which is logical. You need the advanced workshop to produce more supplies as it costs more to produce level 2 goods, upgrade your residences, build an army, advance on the tree etc etc etc
However in the Human tree Advanced Workshops doesn't come until the last branch of Chapter 2's Evolving Tree. This is after Squad size upgrade, Level 2 Goods Factories, Axe Barbarian Promotion and even after Advanced Armory. Which is totally illogical. In the Elf tree it comes before all these which makes sense.
So here lays the problem. I need the supplies to upgrade my Residences to have more people to build the Level 2 goods. Also need the supplies to build up an Army as I don't have the supplies to negotiate the encounters. Trying to fight the encounters at this stage is useless as the troops are getting wiped out by stronger forces. I need to upgrade my troops. What do I need for that? KP of course. Best way to get KP. Negotiating or fighting encounters to which brings me back to the catch 22 situation.

DeletedUser3297

In the earlier chapters of the human cities, I cared more about advancing my army first before goods production. I even slowed my goods production down so I could gain more troops to win more battle to get more kp to get more advanced armies. Then and only then did I go back on the tech and use all that extra KP I got to unlock goods production. Both the humans and the elves have very different strategies and armies which is very nice. Oh and I hardly ever use my goods to negotiate, if there is a way I will try to win, but if I lose I will go back and negotiate, but that has only happened twice thankfully because I like looking at all my stacks of goods :)

DeletedUser3871

In the earlier chapters of the human cities, I cared more about advancing my army first before goods production. I even slowed my goods production down so I could gain more troops to win more battle to get more kp to get more advanced armies. Then and only then did I go back on the tech and use all that extra KP I got to unlock goods production. Both the humans and the elves have very different strategies and armies which is very nice. Oh and I hardly ever use my goods to negotiate, if there is a way I will try to win, but if I lose I will go back and negotiate, but that has only happened twice thankfully because I like looking at all my stacks of goods :)

However kayleegrrl we strayed a little of topic, it still comes back to needing a load of supplies to activate the new levels in the tree. So logically, to need so many supplies you would need advanced workshops before. I need 3500 to activate Axe Barbarian upgrade and then 9000 to activate Advanced Armoury to train more troops to use to win battles. Against, I might add, troops far superior to mine even with an Axe Barbarian upgrade and Cerberus that I have gained. Then I need another 3000 supplies to activate the Crystal boost which then along with Advanced Armouries adn Squad Size Upgrade I can then research Advanced Workshops. So as it stands just now I need 15500 supplies just to get to researching Advanced Workshops. It is like a catch 22 as I produce (with 160% cultural bonus) 137 every 5 minutes. I have 1x level 6, 1x level 5 and 3x level 4. If I upgrade the rest of my workshops now to level 6, 3x Level 4 to 5, 1000 supplies each(3000) with 4 extra supplies/5 minutes apiece. 4x level 5 to 6 = 1500 supplies each(6000) also for an increase of 4 supplies/5 minutes each. If I do that then bam, that's 9000 just to upgrade my current workshops to level 6 which is as far as I can go just now. All for a measly 28 extra supplies every 5 minutes. That is just 5½ hours of clicking on production every 5 minutes. Not taking into account other uses for supplies within the game during this period. Producing goods and more importantly, training troops. So back to the catch 22 situation.

Though I have seen other Human cities and how they have flourished so I know it can be done. So back to the original question:rolleyes: How to fully maximise gaining supplies until I can get to activating the Advanced Workshops. o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

dikke ikke

Try declining requests until there is something useful, I only found out that trick at the end of level III :) You will have to decline a lot of request, but lets say the ones that ask to produce beverages or bread are very useful to get supplies faster, or if you are upgrading buildings you can make sure the right request is active when that building is finished and get extra coins and supplies... Try it out and you will see

DeletedUser3297

You've got to run the numbers on your manufactories. I have a spreadsheet that tells me what each tier produces for every production time. Along with that it tells me the supply requirements. I built enough workshops to meet supply requirements plus 3 more. All of them run at the same production times as my manufactories so I will never run out of supplies for goods. But I also know that I can pull 3 of them offline and run shorter production times to gain extra supplies. Also, cycle through the declinable quests. The main 3 I always hit are the three that tell you to gain a specific amount of your boosts. I cycle till I find it and then I collect my goods. Those 3 quests combined give me an extra 6000 supplies every 3 hours :)

DeletedUser3871

You've got to run the numbers on your manufactories. I have a spreadsheet that tells me what each tier produces for every production time. Along with that it tells me the supply requirements. I built enough workshops to meet supply requirements plus 3 more. All of them run at the same production times as my manufactories so I will never run out of supplies for goods. But I also know that I can pull 3 of them offline and run shorter production times to gain extra supplies. Also, cycle through the declinable quests. The main 3 I always hit are the three that tell you to gain a specific amount of your boosts. I cycle till I find it and then I collect my goods. Those 3 quests combined give me an extra 6000 supplies every 3 hours :)

Wow that's deep. A spreadsheet and all. I just roughly work out in my head:D Are the quests on a cycle? I declined some and it asks are you sure as it will be gone. However if they are on some sort of loop then I'll do that. I have been stuck on one quest for ages because it is miles away on the tree :rolleyes::D

DeletedUser3297

Most of the declinable quests are on a cycle. It does take a while to click through then all thought

DeletedUser1349

Coins and supplies make the elvenar world go round. Many players just do not build workshops. You need one workshop for every manufactory and two more to feed your barracks. I always tell my members to go boost-only and build 4 of each manufactory, and build the workshops before you unlock your future boosts. that is 3x4+2=14 workshops.

Got that many?

DeletedUser3871

Coins and supplies make the elvenar world go round. Many players just do not build workshops. You need one workshop for every manufactory and two more to feed your barracks. I always tell my members to go boost-only and build 4 of each manufactory, and build the workshops before you unlock your future boosts. that is 3x4+2=14 workshops.

Got that many?

In Arendyll I have only 5 workshops with the levels as stated in earlier post. 6 steel factories and 3 crystal(Boosted). However in Winyandor I have 2 Level 8 workshops and 2 level 2 Magical workshops to which work great for me just now. I have in that world 10 steel (4 Level 6, 4 Level 7 and 2 Level 8) and 9 Crystal(1 Level 6, 5 level 5, 1 level 4 and 2 level 2) I have no problem with supplies in this world and just had to upgrade my MH to level 8 as I kept coming to my limit both with coins and supplies.

DeletedUser3871

My point is I think it is more logical to have advanced workshops before you can have Crystal/Silk and Scrolls Factories and not have to wait to the end of that chapter.

Thistleknot

I haven't had the time to build a human city, so my knowledge is limited about the intricacies. Here is what I would suggest based on my experience with the elves. I have 10 workshops. It seems to be a good balance of production versus cost (space, people, and culture). I would suggest working up to that as soon as you can. Max out your workshops as quickly as you can. The more you can produce, the better off you will be. I also use the spell of provision periodically. I will produce 10 spells at the Magic Academy. Find a day when I can guarantee 1-hour productions and spell each workshop. Note about collecting a spelled workshop. When you first cast the spells, make sure all of your workshops have completed a 9-hour or 24-hour production. Cast the spell of provision on each workshop and then collect. This gives you the bonus on a 9-hour production without wasting the spell's duration. Not sure if this is a viable option at your current tech level, but is something to keep in mind. The only other suggestion would be to focus on building up supplies by not producing troops or goods. It's a harsh way to do it, but sometimes necessary. Hope this helps.

DeletedUser3871

I haven't had the time to build a human city, so my knowledge is limited about the intricacies. Here is what I would suggest based on my experience with the elves. I have 10 workshops. It seems to be a good balance of production versus cost (space, people, and culture). I would suggest working up to that as soon as you can. Max out your workshops as quickly as you can. The more you can produce, the better off you will be. I also use the spell of provision periodically. I will produce 10 spells at the Magic Academy. Find a day when I can guarantee 1-hour productions and spell each workshop. Note about collecting a spelled workshop. When you first cast the spells, make sure all of your workshops have completed a 9-hour or 24-hour production. Cast the spell of provision on each workshop and then collect. This gives you the bonus on a 9-hour production without wasting the spell's duration. Not sure if this is a viable option at your current tech level, but is something to keep in mind. The only other suggestion would be to focus on building up supplies by not producing troops or goods. It's a harsh way to do it, but sometimes necessary. Hope this helps.

In my Elven world as I said I have no probs. I do use the spells after doing the 9 hour overnight production just before they finish then go full on with 5 or 15 minute productions on the workshops until the spell wears off. I have a level 5 Magic Academy so produce spells as fast as I can. It is just the different setup of the tree in the human world which illogical