• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

All Hail Buddy!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I love when this happens. Province #29. Buddy #2 already took 3 hits but survives with 3hp to live another turn. Then she spikes another debuff on Thief for 2 more turns before Buddy #2 goes down for good. ALL HAIL BUDDY! :D

good til last drop.jpg

StarLoad

@crackie, I just wanted to proffer my observations from this weeks marble tourney. Buddie was dancing in the wind around all enemies on Round 5 out to province 58. I would normally use BM but gave Buddie a try at the big dogs, and she did very well not quite as good as the BM against all HM but that is a range issue.
I also wanted to add that in every case of a Nasty Mistwalker I used either an Archer or Dryd and almost always they took the hit on autofight.

Ed

Added: for round 6 province 44 I suffered large losses in a win so I switched to BM for the remaining up to 58 provinces.

Added more info: In two identical provinces #57 so the same map/terrain I had 5 Treants as enemies and 1 time was 5 Buddies sent to battle and the losses were 5-15% across 4 of the 5 but the next round I sent 5 BM and won with no losses. Maybe just the inherent range difference but without a doubt I took significantly less losses when using the BM over Buddie, but never a loss.

Ed

Last edited:

crackie

she did very well not quite as good as the BM against all HM but that is a range issue.
Some of it is range issue, but also HM is Blossom's specialty. Lvl 3 Blossom has +90% attack damage, but Buddy's HM attack bonus is only +60%.

Added more info: In two identical provinces #57 so the same map/terrain I had 5 Treants as enemies and 1 time was 5 Buddies sent to battle and the losses were 5-15% across 4 of the 5 but the next round I sent 5 BM and won with no losses. Maybe just the inherent range difference but without a doubt I took significantly less losses when using the BM over Buddie, but never a loss.
This one is definitely a range issue. Buddy's range is only 3 and a Swamp Monster's (enemy Treant) movement is 2 with an attack range of 1 (2+1=3). Therefore, to get a shot in, Buddy will have to put herself in position where she will now be in reach of a Swamp Monster (or Orc General) when it's his turn. In the Province 50s, there's no way she can take one out with only one shot. Therefore, the Swamp Monster will get a retaliation shot in, though hopefully nerfed at 50%. If you manual fight, you can still use Buddy on Heavy Melees with no damage if you are able to put an obstacle between them. On the other hand, Blossom's range is 5. She can hit a Heavy Melee, including Knights (his movement+range = 4, too short to reach 5), and still stay out of their range. Hence, you should use Blossoms across 5 HMs. I generally deploy Buddies to buy me time against Heavy Range, especially if I have to take care of pesky enemy mages first.

StarLoad

For the newer guys....what is a Buddy vs. a BM? I thought Buddy stood for Bud Mage and BM stands for Bud Mage.

edit: I think I answered myself. BM is Blossom Mage and Buddy is a Bud Sorceress. I don't have access to Buddy playing as a human. :(
You got the abbreviations correct BM is used to signify the Merc camp mage, its only the barracks that have unique fighters, so Humans get the Priest which is in many ways better than Buddy, but you get stuck with the Motar whereas Elf's get the Golem.

Ed

crackie

Your official application has been accepted, @samidodamage! You have been promoted from Friend of Bud Sorceress to officially be Member #5 of Bud Sorceress Fan Club!
sami_bud5.jpg

For your contributions in raising Bud Sorceress Fan Club awareness and the beautification buddy-fication of member signature art, I, crackie, self-declared President of the Bud Sorceress Fan Club, hereby dub @Sir Squirrel Member #6 of the Bud Sorceress Fan Club.
sirsquirrel6.jpg

The Buddy Revolution is here!

StarLoad

@crackie It looks like your fan club is increasing. But you may want to be a bit more discerning about who you let in.

I'm not sure that @ed1960 is a true fan. He may have ulterior motives in wanting to get close to Buddy based on his avatar. Although he may get distracted by @Sir Squirrel at meetings.
Nope I just finished the first two levels of the spire and everytime I needed a mage I called on Buddy and never a lost battle.
My baby is the sweetest thing in the world and loves our adopted cat and would rather chase a ball or jump in the pool than chase a squirell.

Ed

Raccon

@crackie It looks like your fan club is increasing. But you may want to be a bit more discerning about who you let in.

I'm not sure that @ed1960 is a true fan. He may have ulterior motives in wanting to get close to Buddy based on his avatar. Although he may get distracted by @Sir Squirrel at meetings.

Your concern could be easily remedied by adding a few banshees in Bud Sorceress Fan Club. Friendly pooch aside, You could comfortably includ hellhounds in any club as long as you have banshees in the house. Those Cerberus always go after banshees no matter how many squirrels or buddies around.
It's like win win situation for @crackie ;)