• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

All Hail Buddy!

Zoof

Maybe I didn't make my point clear. Banshees were suggested to be used as decoys for K9 members of the Bud Sorceress Fan Club to put certain member's concern about buddy and Sir Squirrel's safety at ease!
Huh. Intersting.

I had a gander at the initiative ratings for Banshee and Buddy, and yeah. Banshee could indeed be used for the purpose of attracting the loving attention of rogue Mist Walkers. Still won't do anything to help Blossom Mages. Poor puffy thing.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Still won't do anything to help Blossom Mages. Poor puffy thing.
I love Buddy, but the squishy little flowerbutts are also our friends! I have figured out one scenario where I can keep the MW's away from them by using only blossoms and archers. If those are the MW's only options, she goes after the archers 9/10 times. That can be 10/10 if I can position everyone favorably. In some situations if blossoms are in the #2 and #3 positions (most forward on the battlefield), the MW's may target them instead of an archer that is also in range. I haven't figured out what else helps determine this (I suspect battlefield obstacles?) because she doesn't always go for the blossoms in that scenario either :confused:

Raccon

Huh. Intersting.

I had a gander at the initiative ratings for Banshee and Buddy, and yeah. Banshee could indeed be used for the purpose of attracting the loving attention of rogue Mist Walkers. Still won't do anything to help Blossom Mages. Poor puffy thing.

Banshee has higher initiative than buddy and grandpa, so K9s go after the mage with higher initiative which, in this case, is banshee.
I didn't suggest Blossoms as bait because, unlike the rowdy, screaming banshees, blossoms are well mannered, much loved elegant ladies ;)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Send a message to @crackie and swear your love to Buddy, or at least say you use Buddy on a regular basis.

Ed
No, not to me. In public for everyone to see! Otherwise you are just preaching to the choir and not fighting the good fight in raising awareness of the wholesome awesomeness of Bud Sorceress. Uhhh…yes, you need to Buddy-fy your signature too.

Note: The purple crayon scribbling for your induction banner is because purple is one of Buddy’s colors and not to be confused with a certain grape flavored drinks associated with a certain life-sized pitcher with a penchant for running through walls. The Bud Sorceress Fan Club is not that sort of “club”!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
No, not to me. In public for everyone to see! Otherwise you are just preaching to the choir and not fighting the good fight in raising awareness of the wholesome awesomeness of Bud Sorceress. Uhhh…yes, you need to Buddy-fy your signature too.

Note: The purple crayon scribbling for your induction banner is because purple is one of Buddy’s colors and not to be confused with a certain grape flavored drinks associated with a certain life-sized pitcher with a penchant for running through walls. The Bud Sorceress Fan Club is not that sort of “club”!
Cool! I hereby declare my undying allegiance to the Bud Sorceress, now and forever. I've always felt it was a matter of women's rights and equality, to stop treating priests as if they are better than buddy. No fair! I will ask Sir Squirrel to buddify it now. :)

crackie

For those just tuning in, I should note while I am the self-appointed President of the Bud Sorceress Fan Club, I do not have the power to change forum titles. That is at the whim of she who manages communities from the market consisting of a coalition of states and her assistant(s?). I simply took the onus of defending Bud Sorceress from all the uhhh…bad press…she gets around here. I was transitioning out of the Winter Lampions phase since they’ve actually removed it from MA’s mystery object chests. It seemed time to retire my anti-Winter Lampions avatar and I needed a new one, especially after surviving the Banshee House. I decided on a whim to take on the unpopular stance of defending Bud Sorceress because I think she is unduly maligned a lot but she is a very productive unit to fight with. It’s easy to share the opinion of the masses but harder to hold unpopular opinions. The joke was I am the Self-Appointed President, but it’s easy to do be whatever title I want to give myself when the club had a membership of just me. Of course, my new avatar then took on a life of its own adapting to other people’s anti-Buddy rhetorics, which I expected as the lone dissenter of public opinion! It started as a wholesome image of a little girl watching the sunset with her best friend and we (yes, we…I didn’t start the Children of the Corn jokes, only embraced them) have somehow collectively turned Buddy into a pyromaniac that hangs out in cornfields (which I admit is probably a more interesting backstory than Inno can give us). I never thought I would actually succeed in winning hearts and mind on Bud Sorceress to the point where people want to join! I am amused. Very thoroughly amused. Thank you, forum people, for being you and also thank you for letting me be my odd duck self. Feel free to be part of the Bud Sorceress Fan Club. Feel free to Buddy-fy your signatures if you feel compelled. Feel free to fight for Justice for Buddy in reclaiming her special abilities for two rounds. You don’t need my permission!

Last edited:

Zoof

Someone in my main city's Fellowship convinced* me to start up my Flying Academy, which took a bit of doing to fit in post-shantytownification, but I'm now happily getting free Buddies, partially freeing my Barracks to make a higher proportion of fancy stick throwers...

... not that that's stopping me from training more Buddies the long way anyway. My city's getting more magical by the minute! And warmer. Oh dear, why's everything on fire? I swear, it's not because of any purely transient elven uprisings

* Said "convincing" was basically "Hey, you got FA yet?" and I was like "oh. I do? welp. time to try to fit that in. Bye bye previous-chapter Festival Merchants!". Then there was a KP megaswap thread and FA went from lv 1 to 10 in the space of two days, stopping only because of lack of runes.

crackie

@SoulsSilhouette Your neighbor just sent me a screenshot of your city name, which is better than a Black Abyss. I LIKE IT!!! :D
*golf claps*

I am sorry you have such an unruly neighbor though. She's probably one of those that set off illegal fireworks and doesn't mow her lawn.

Darielle

@SoulsSilhouette Your neighbor just sent me a screenshot of your city name, which is better than a Black Abyss. I LIKE IT!!! :D
*golf claps*

I am sorry you have such an unruly neighbor though. She's probably one of those that set off illegal fireworks and doesn't mow her lawn.
I confess I don't mow my lawn. :rolleyes: But I don't set off fireworks, if that's any better.

crackie

I confess I don't mow my lawn. :rolleyes: But I don't set off fireworks, if that's any better.
I thought you're in the boonies and your neighbors are Sami and Maidenfaire. Can you even see your neighbors? Do you need to get in the car to get your mail? Plus, you probably have goats to take care of the lawn.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm in the boonies, but I actually live in the city limits of a rural town, population <200. So, I can see my neighbors; I share a driveway with one of them. I get in the car to go get my mail, because it's in a po box at the city post office (less than a quarter mile away, but I'm old and lazy). The neighbors have a golf cart they take down the back way for that. If I'm going at the same time, we ride together...
There's a railroad in a deep ravine across from my house, then the next city street. The house over there is the one that sets off the fireworks; they bring in a pyrotechnics company once or twice a year. I have an old granite block wall at the street where I and the neighbors sit to watch. Unless it's New Years and cold; then I join the neighbors on their wrap-around porch so there's a wind block, lol!
And, just to set the record straight, the neighbors are the ones with the goat, not me, lol!

Darielle

I'm in the boonies, but I actually live in the city limits of a rural town, population <200.
I'm in a large metropolis compared to you, Sami, although I live on the outskirts. Our town's population is around 600. :D

The huge megacity is an hour away by car ... that has a whopping 60K.

crackie

One of my Canadian fellows who also lives in Booniesville said she is 3hrs from the nearest Costco. My gosh, that is a day trip just to get toilet paper in bulk! A 6hr trip, and that doesn’t even count the shopping and time snacking at the food court. We were looking up how many Costcos were within 3hrs from me, but stopped because I would be entering multiple states and I am definitely not crossing state lines for extra large jars of mayo and rotisserie chicken.

Hey just wondering ... how many of us are in the buddy fan club now?
I think 8?
  1. crackie
  2. Dreamyn2
  3. ed1960
  4. Hurin (he’s in my FS)
  5. samidodamage
  6. Sir Squirrel
  7. Darielle
  8. SoulsSilhouette
  9. The Fairy
Others have shown interest, but I don’t know if they’ve gotten their fingers red yet eating nuclear popcorn. Not that you need to eat nuclear popcorn to be a member (just make your membership declaration in this thread and tag a mod), but we don’t have any Kool-Aid to offer. They also won’t give an underage little girl from the cornfields any strawberry beer. I don’t think helya or Astram will fall for a fake ID around these parts either. Their shenanigans senses are too strong. Maybe @Gkyr will supply us an artisanal batch of strawberry beer if we pay in wonder KPs.

Last edited: