• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

All prizes and rewards should be in a receivable format

defiantoneks

Current status:
Events and Tournament rewards/prizes are presented in a manner that cannot always be received. Players are shorted amounts of coins and broken shards because they are capped goods.

Proposed status:
All Event and Tournament rewards must be given in a form that can be received and stored.
Any coin prizes must be given in the form of Coin Rain instants.
Any broken shards must be given in the form of a tome or other redeemable Instant.
In the case of an Event, the 2 Broken Shards prize can be delivered as an Instant immediately
In the case of Tournament rewards, Broken Shards can be delivered as an Instant of 2 upon Tournament completion
If the player earns 9 Broken shards in battle, 4 instants would be delivered (round down)

Pros: players actually receive what they earn/win

Cons: development

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I really like the idea but I can't see Inno touching this one.

Players have been requesting some form of bleed off for excess broken shards for years. Inno is very resistant.

As for coins and supplies above inventory becoming coin and supply rains,I know for a fact I would abuse this feature by holding inventory at maximum in order to build up a surplus of rains.

Both these ideas make me want to jump up and down and dance. Oddly enough that reaction is an instant jinx.

I will vote yes on it.

defiantoneks

Players have been requesting some form of bleed off for excess broken shards for years. Inno is very resistant.

As for coins and supplies above inventory becoming coin and supply rains,I know for a fact I would abuse this feature by holding inventory at maximum in order to build up a surplus of rains.
I agree on the first point, because inno is inno and for some reason they believe nonexistent rewards are somehow rewarding.
On the second one, I dont see much of an issue because they already disperse many instants for supplies and coins, so making ALL of those rewards as instants doesnt feel like it would skew the system all that much. This would really only apply on those cases where it's delivered automatically as prizes, and you dont get that popup that says "hey you won't receive this" or have the opportunity to hover and plan a collection like you would on an AW or building in your city. If you click to collect in those instances it's because you didn't take the time to check your inventory ahead of time. When a random "prize" is delivered you have no way of knowing you will get something that is over your capacity, so it just vanishes.

Katwick

Cartographer
Do they allow Instants to be used for studying Cauldron Boosts? Or for the FA whirlpool?

Balancing everything for everybody is not feasible, so any game, or life in general for that matter, needs "unneeded" items that only yield status and/or convenience.

For myself, I enjoy tearing into the game mechanics like the Cauldron, but I literally have thousands of Instant Spells and Event Building that I only look at if I'm running short on something.

defiantoneks

Do they allow Instants to be used for studying Cauldron Boosts? Or for the FA whirlpool?
um, not sure what you mean here. FA does not use broken shards, so is there some other relevance? and if you want coin badges for FA, having a stored coin rain would be ideal, yes? and if you're studying the cauldron, shards arent used, but if your coin cap is full when you receive a prize, you dont get that coin to study with, right?
Balancing everything for everybody is not feasible, so any game, or life in general for that matter, needs "unneeded" items that only yield status and/or convenience.
?
so, again… not sure what this means as relates to storing/getting your prizes. some people just deserve somehow to NOT get the thing they won?
For myself, I enjoy tearing into the game mechanics like the Cauldron, but I literally have thousands of Instant Spells and Event Building that I only look at if I'm running short on something.
ok, cool. so when your bank is empty, another coin rain would be awesome. right? rather than NOT get it because at the random time you "won" it, you had more coins in the bank than would allow for your prize to be delivered?

just trying to understand your discussion points as relates to the suggestion.

Katwick

Cartographer
Just trying to understand your discussion points as relates to the suggestion.
There are two points, really.
  1. While you can avoid caps if you're vigilant, the reality is that you are already over producing that particular thing.
  2. If you shift to a similar something that's storable, you're just deferring the wastage.
In my view, threading our way through the various optimization puzzles is the fun part of the game. If the game provided too much of everything, we might just as well have an "I WIN!" button, and nothing else.

FB_IMG_1640473043955.jpg

Last edited:

defiantoneks

another option would be to REMOVE capped goods as "prizes" altogether. no coins, no coin rains, no supplies or supply instants, no broken shards. eliminate wasted non-prizes altogether.