• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Allow people to see what kind of streets they have.

Show street chapter when hovering over them

• In Favor

Votes: 36 92.3%
  • Not in Favor

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I sometimes have a hard time telling what street is from what chapter, unless I go back and look it up in the build section. Even then, sometimes it's hard to tell because the "one piece at a time" doesn't look quite like the many pieces of road I have. Some of the streets look very similar, and I have small sections that I built only due to a quest and never changed, so it's hard to tell what chapter it's from. There have been times when I sold off a piece worth 60 culture and left a piece worth only 30, because I mistakenly thought the other was from a later chapter.

I propose to make the streets user friendly by allowing users to rest their mouse on a particular piece of road and have that road suddenly show what chapter it's from. For instance, I rest my mouse on one piece of street, and after a second, it shows a "XII" meaning that street is from chapter twelve.

This way, we can easily see which streets need upgrading the most, without having to go into the builder and try to figure out which chapter it is from.

Please let me know if you think this would be a good change. I can't think of any downsides, as long as you had to rest the mouse on the street for a second, so it didn't happen immediately to annoy anyone as they were moving through their city. And the idea that the street itself could have a number embedded would eliminate the need for annoying popups.

Whatcha think?

LisaMV

I have been wanting to write about the street thing for ages ~ thank you!
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THIS!

Another issue I have is in the selling of them as well: you can usually never see the street, and NOTHING pops up to tell you what you are selling! I don't mind that at all for the dirt paths, but for streets we have spent money & goods to build, it is the least they could do.

Another thing that I find ridiculous is that you cannot move a paid street on top of a dirt one. You can build a new one on top, but why can we not drop a new street on an old one to replace it?

lol - these are my pesky street issues... like a fly that is always in your face: not a serious problem, but a constant annoyance.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I propose to make the streets user friendly by allowing users to rest their mouse on a particular piece of road and have that road suddenly show what chapter it's from. For instance, I rest my mouse on one piece of street, and after a second, it shows a "XII" meaning that street is from chapter twelve.

one would think this should be a simple enough adjustment to make.

Until then, you can load it up in elven architect and then do the same thing to see which road piece is which. Not as simple as if the game did it itself, but its a stop gap measure until then.

Darielle

I have been wanting to write about the street thing for ages ~ thank you!
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THIS!

Another issue I have is in the selling of them as well: you can usually never see the street, and NOTHING pops up to tell you what you are selling! I don't mind that at all for the dirt paths, but for streets we have spent money & goods to build, it is the least they could do.

Another thing that I find ridiculous is that you cannot move a paid street on top of a dirt one. You can build a new one on top, but why can we not drop a new street on an old one to replace it?

lol - these are my pesky street issues... like a fly that is always in your face: not a serious problem, but a constant annoyance.
Yeah, I have those issues as well! It is an annoyance!

Darielle

one would think this should be a simple enough adjustment to make.

Until then, you can load it up in elven architect and then do the same thing to see which road piece is which. Not as simple as if the game did it itself, but its a stop gap measure until then.
It is a stop gap, true, but such a time consuming one that I think it would probably be easier just to flip through the builder chapters and see which street it is, or at least guess at what street it is. I really don't want to have to leave the game and go to an entirely different site just to see what street I have. I don't think Inno should be encouraging us to LEAVE the game. They should be encouraging us to stay. Sometimes I wonder, lol.

Darielle

Well, I've gotten five likes on this and no negatives. Helya, could we possibly have a vote on this idea or is it too soon? Thanks.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Do any of the culture buildings and event buildings show the chapter level? I only play on mobile so I do not know what pc players can see. Why just ask for road info? It would be nice to see the level on everything.

Darielle

Do any of the culture buildings and event buildings show the chapter level? I only play on mobile so I do not know what pc players can see. Why just ask for road info? It would be nice to see the level on everything.
Yes, they do, as Sami said. The roads are the only one that we don't have that info for, and no way to easily get it without hunting through the chapters, so that's why I am suggesting we add it too.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Yes, hover should tell you what level street it is. I use ElvenArchitect to cross check now, but it should be available directly in game as well.