• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Allow people to see what kind of streets they have.

Show street chapter when hovering over them

• In Favor

Votes: 36 92.3%
  • Not in Favor

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'm wondering though, if the amount of streets is the problem. Being over 1/2 of the total of things you have to track means a lot of info sent for a very small thing...over and over and over. Sending that much more information might be too taxing on the severs, and might be why they never did it or dropped it early on (in pre-beta, perhaps).

Since I keep all my streets at the max to save a LOT of space from the culture buildings I therefore don't need to build, I am neutral about the need for tool tips on streets. If it taxes the servers it's probably never going to happen, but if not, then okay.

AJ

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm wondering though, if the amount of streets is the problem. Being over 1/2 of the total of things you have to track means a lot of info sent for a very small thing...over and over and over. Sending that much more information might be too taxing on the severs, and might be why they never did it or dropped it early on (in pre-beta, perhaps).

Since I keep all my streets at the max to save a LOT of space from the culture buildings I therefore don't need to build, I am neutral about the need for tool tips on streets. If it taxes the servers it's probably never going to happen, but if not, then okay.

AJ
I don't use culture only buildings, and I don't have a problem with getting enough culture. But for those who waste a lot of space on culture buildings, yes, I could see how they would prefer to keep streets upgraded with guest race goods instead of culture buildings. But tell me, is it worth it to you to have your guest race buildings up longer in order to upgrade all your streets every chapter? Or would it be more efficient to get rid of the guest race buildings as soon as possible, build something you'll need in the next chapter, and not worry about upgrading everything each chapter? Also, how much longer did you need to keep your guest race buildings up in order to use your method of upgrading everything every chapter? I'm curious to know, since I've never bothered with that.

I did expect one or two negatives on this, so no worries. I think the majority find this useful. Peace.

Darielle

Thank you, everyone, for the votes. Even yours, AJ, lol. This is great. :)

Iyapo1

Or would it be more efficient to get rid of the guest race buildings as soon as possible, build something you'll need in the next chapter, and not worry about upgrading everything each chapter?
You can do that?

lol, my biggest city is at the end of orcs so far I have needed to keep my buildings up an extra week(ish) to get my roads updated. I park between chapters though so it is no loss for me.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I don't use culture only buildings, and I don't have a problem with getting enough culture. But for those who waste a lot of space on culture buildings, yes, I could see how they would prefer to keep streets upgraded with guest race goods instead of culture buildings. But tell me, is it worth it to you to have your guest race buildings up longer in order to upgrade all your streets every chapter? Or would it be more efficient to get rid of the guest race buildings as soon as possible, build something you'll need in the next chapter, and not worry about upgrading everything each chapter? Also, how much longer did you need to keep your guest race buildings up in order to use your method of upgrading everything every chapter? I'm curious to know, since I've never bothered with that.

From woodelves and onwards you don't need guest race goods anymore to build the roads. And before that you could use portal profits to make the needed guest race goods.

Iyapo1

From woodelves and onwards you don't need guest race goods anymore to build the roads. And before that you could use portal profits to make the needed guest race goods.
Faries and Orcs streets require some non capped guest race goods to make, good to know they are the only two!

Darielle

That's true; I just wouldn't waste my precious portal profits to make roads, but I guess some who don't like to use them to jump ahead might do that.

Darielle

You can do that?

lol, my biggest city is at the end of orcs so far I have needed to keep my buildings up an extra week(ish) to get my roads updated. I park between chapters though so it is no loss for me.
I didn't mean guest race settlements, but you can foresee needing more seeds, mana, etc, and build things to anticipate that need. That's what I meant; sorry I wasn't clear.

Darielle

If not during normal city view, then at least during "Move" mode.

I've actually been thinking more about it, and your idea about it revealing the chapter when in "move" mode is a good one. Then, there would be no change at all unless you hit "move." That might assuage the one naysayer in the group.

Whatever they do to show the chapter, whatever is easiest to program, would be fine with me. I just want to be able to see it somehow.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I like the "move mode" idea too. And I guess I forgot about the chapters that you need the guest goods to improve your roads. However, my philosophy of play says: "stop at the end of each chapter and build everything up before continuing." So to me the space gained by eliminating unneeded culture buildings helps with the next chapter and makes it worth the pause to me.

AJ

Darielle

I like the "move mode" idea too. And I guess I forgot about the chapters that you need the guest goods to improve your roads. However, my philosophy of play says: "stop at the end of each chapter and build everything up before continuing." So to me the space gained by eliminating unneeded culture buildings helps with the next chapter and makes it worth the pause to me.

AJ
I do the same thing, as far as pausing to upgrade buildings etc. You're right; that's the best way to keep the task from becoming hopelessly difficult later, especially if you've neglected it for too long. In the three chapters that require them, though, I don't keep guest race buildings just so I can gather goods to upgrade all roads. It just seems like that's a waste of space to me. I prefer to get rid of them, and just wait until those chapters are over to upgrade all roads without guest race goods. Each person has their own methods, I guess, which is good.