• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Allow purchase of boosts with diamonds

DeletedUser1535

I have three crafted goods that I have boosts for; steel, crystals and elixirs. I think it would be cool if I could choose to boost my other crafted goods by purchasing a boost with diamonds. For example, say I want my planks to have a boost, too. I could buy the boost with diamonds, apply it to my planks production, and all relics that I've collected for planks on the world map would apply to the boost, same as my boosted crafted goods.

DeletedUser594

I like the idea but they won't do something that diminishes the need to trade on a permanent basis as it's one of the core components of game play. I think it would be interesting to have a limited time diamond bought ability to produce other goods at boosted rates and that's something they could do without too much of a monkey wrench in their plans.
btw you don't have 3 crafted goods with boosts
Crafted goods are 2nd tier goods
You have one boosted good of each type-
Basic:steel, plank,marble
Crafted: silk, scrolls and crystal.
Magical: elixer, dust, gem

DeletedUser1535

Thanks for the clarification on the types of goods, I wasn't sure how to word that.

I figured maybe the developers didn't care about the trader as long as they were getting people to buy diamonds, it's money in their pockets.

DeletedUser594

Trading creates the need to interact, maybe join a fellowship. That fosters more interaction and builds relationships. That creates more ties to the game, creating more reason to log on at least daily, more reason to keep playing. I am highly doubtful you will ever see them add elements that create autonomy. They have interdependence built into the structure of the game, especially in trade and culture (getting above 125% requires help if you don't want a city full of culture items).
The way I just said it sounds cynical but I don't mean it to be. I like that interaction is necessary to maintain a thriving city. The game would become really one dimensional without that.