• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Allow Time Boosters for Expiring Buildings

Risen Malchiah

It would be nice if time boosters could be used on expiring buildings so this situation doesn't happen:

Untitled2.jpg

I have instants that would take care of this easily, but instead I just lose out on 48hrs worth of the expiring building.

I don't really see it as too game-breaking to allow for this.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This would allow a straight conversion from timer instants to whatever expiring buildings make (KP/rune shards/PP)

I dunno how unbalancing that would be.

I wish expiring buildings had "charges" so you always got the same goods from them and they just sat there waiting to be collected 50 or 100 times

Risen Malchiah

This would allow a straight conversion from timer instants to whatever expiring buildings make (KP/rune shards/PP)

I dunno how unbalancing that would be.
If someone wants to waste a lot of time boosters for a 5% portal profit or a 10% chance for 25 diamonds, that's fine. I wouldn't though.
I wish expiring buildings had "charges" so you always got the same goods from them and they just sat there waiting to be collected 50 or 100 times
This would be a fair compromise. It would also help players who can't log in regularly as the time ticks away on them.

Pheryll

Set Designer

Currently there is a straight conversion of timer instants to KP, broken rune shards, and supply/coin instants. This is done through the ferris wheels, where each of them have a 24 hour production that can be hastened.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Currently there is a straight conversion of timer instants to KP, broken rune shards, and supply/coin instants. This is done through the ferris wheels, where each of them have a 24 hour production that can be hastened.
Confirmed. Timer instants can be used in the Ferris wheel to speed up the KP.

Pheryll

Set Designer
If people want to buy Portal and AW KP spells for timer instants; then it looks like all we need is another building that produces these options for 48 hour production. Possible other options may be pet food and a random rune shard (not broken). I am not sure what the interest level in this is. The OP was only looking for a reduced timer price for a production midway through completion. But a call for a new building is something that the Elvenar team could much easier come up with than changing game mechanics.

Risen Malchiah

The OP was only looking for a reduced timer price for a production midway through completion. But a call for a new building is something that the Elvenar team could much easier come up with than changing game mechanics.
Haha yeah, specifically a 1min time booster in my case, which ordinarily aren't that useful. It wouldn't be a drastic change in game mechanics if time boosters are already available on other buildings (like the Ferris wheel).

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Just want to point out that the coin and supply instants from the Ferris Wheel Galore are 48-hour productions, not 24. Which is weird because I thought when they were first introduced, all four productions took 24 hours. Though I think the original ones that did this had a slightly different name, which could explain the time difference?

Risen Malchiah

The Winter Ferris Wheel was 24 hrs. They upped the coin and supply instants to 48h for the newer Ferris Wheels, presumably because they felt it was worth more than the other options.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Haha yeah, specifically a 1min time booster in my case, which ordinarily aren't that useful. It wouldn't be a drastic change in game mechanics if time boosters are already available on other buildings (like the Ferris wheel).

Trust me. It is much easier for them to host a community poll over several months to get dimensions, desired 48 hour productions, and chapter theme, have an artist design it, and implement the building in the game, than it is for them to add or fix a timer.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Trust me. It is much easier for them to host a community poll over several months to get dimensions, desired 48 hour productions, and chapter theme, have an artist design it, and implement the building in the game, than it is for them to add or fix a timer.
Snark aside, one of those involves advertising, community managers, artists, and an entry in the buildings database, and shouldn't have needed any programmers to do anything. The other one is code related.

Probably still trivial, but not quite the same thing.