• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Alteration to road connection rules

BrinDarby

I agree, but I recently rearranged my plan... got a MA, Barr, trader, & the MH
all connected with 3 road tiles. Also why build roads to chunks of city that
are used for culture... Lots o road saving can be had this way.
BrinD

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I agree, but I recently rearranged my plan... got a MA, Barr, trader, & the MH
all connected with 3 road tiles. Also why build roads to chunks of city that
are used for culture... Lots o road saving can be had this way.
BrinD
I don't build roads to my culture buildings. They are sitting off to the side, away from my roads.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
This becomes true of some guest races...I can't remember which chapter it starts in though. Maybe Sorcerers and Dragons?
It doesn't solve your MH question though, sorry.
At least this gives me something to look forward to! I am currently in Dwarves. And even if I put a granite mine right beside the fricking portal I have to also put a portal track beside both of them.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Here is a list of guest races and if they need guest race road tiles:

Dwarves: Tracks are needed to mines
Fairies: Lanes are needed to day and night farms
Orcs: Paths are needed to mushroom farms and rally points
Woodelves: Streams are needed to forest fabrications and grafting sites
Sorcerers and Dragons: Wisdom square (building serving as a road) is needed to go from normal roads to campus
Halflings: Canals are needed to go to farms
Elementals: Canals (buildings serving as a road) are needed to go to manifestations
Amuni: No guest race roads
Constructs: No guest race roads
Elvenar: No guest race roads
Embassies: No guest race roads

Yogi Dave

At least this gives me something to look forward to! I am currently in Dwarves. And even if I put a granite mine right beside the fricking portal I have to also put a portal track beside both of them.
While it did tick me off at times, it's also part of the challenge and art of arrangement to minimize these problems.
I think if a building is directly beside your main hall then it should count as being connected, regardless of if it touches a road.
Again, this has always bugged me a bit. However, someone someplace in the forum mentioned that @SoggyShorts had said to put your AWs around the MH to reduce roads. I tried that this time and it really worked. Here's a view of my MH from Elven Architect.
MhAws.png

Makes for pretty tight packing.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The only problem with this type of surrounding is when you need to upgrade the main hall to a larger size.

Yogi Dave

he only problem with this type of surrounding is when you need to upgrade the main hall to a larger size.
True, but when I'm about to move into a new chapter, I look at all building size changes and work out a plan that leaves room for expansions, twist and turns. So, I do two plans. One for the final positions, knowing event building may cause changes. The other arranging my current city to allow these changes. That includes placing some of my building in the old settlement village area until they can be moved to their final places. To me, it's one of the fun challenges of the game. I just finished ch 16, so have a time to wait before my next rearrangement. MH could easily be a building that expands and can envision minor changes here to allow that. Since AWs don't change size, it's no so bad as it would be with other buildings.