• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Am I paranoid or what???....

Talaedraiia

DM means start a conversation in a private message. Hover over Astram's Avatar and click start a conversation
@ed1960, I don’t want to DM, but when I read your reply, I tried to hover over Astrams’s avatar and my iPad wouldn’t give me an option to start a conversation. So do you know how I could do it if I wanted to?

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
It's impossible at higher Chapters to do the tournaments past province 9 or 10. Thus impossible to gain relics. Thus impossible to craft CCs and enchantments.

Impossible
I do not think this word means what you think it means.
I'm Chapter 19 and my tourny minimum every week is 15 full provinces.
This week I was conserving resources because of how much I used in the FA.
I did my 15+ provs without the help of the fire chicken.
Also I am constantly crafting and have 500+ CCs currently on hand.
And the fewest relics I have in any good is 5000+.
So maybe you are doing something wrong.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
And @crackie and her ability to take things to a whole new level that are said here lol
You must have confused me with someone else. I live a very humble and pious life that inspired convents allegedly. Frustration, challenge, comradery, and complaining are not part of my serene and peaceful way of life. Now where did I put that halo... I better swing by Spirit Halloween to get another one.

@Talaedraiia DM also means "direct message".

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
You must have confused me with someone else. I live a very humble and pious life that inspired convents allegedly. Frustration, challenge, comradery, and complaining are not part of my serene and peaceful way of life. Now where did I put that halo... I better swing by Spirit Halloween to get another one.

@Talaedraiia DM also means "direct message".
One cannot deny when one has proof
Testing
And more proof
Don’t believe a word she says

There’s more where that came from …just sayin

If your gonna “swing” wanna borrow my chandelier?

Yogi Dave

o_O Pull the other one. I bet you don't use sarcasm either.

muffy.

Hmm…there seems to be a pattern. You keep inviting me to activities that has potential to end up in hospital visits.

Never!
And you keep turnin me down :( My poor lil self may start to wonder . Look, my pinkness is starting to fade during my days of gloom.
You won’t camp
won’t fish ,
What do you do …lol ( you can sing that ) lol

I promise not to push you in if you go fishing !!! I promise … :cool:

muffy.

You're going to show up with floaties for short, T-rex size arms.

@Astram I think @muffy. is trying to kill me.
You have arms like me ??

@Astram … I dunno dude … my innocence is clearly written all over my face … surely you can see that !
**whisper to A ** is it possible she’s afraid to have fun .. lol

Katwick

Cartographer
I bet you don't use sarcasm either.
FB_IMG_1654132343440.jpg

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I will have finished the last tech of chapter 17 by tonight, and then finally be able to sell my behemoth ships. But I regularly do provinces (both catering and autofighting) through at least the first 3 pages and sometimes up to 40 provinces. I don't always make it to the top of the spire, but on our pushes I always do and the rest of the time it's either silver or gold. I don't consider myself unusual.

Satchmo, I hear the frustration in your voice and I sympathize. But we have some great tools on this board. Crackie's done an excellent job with battle tips in the scrollkeepers section. If you'd rather cater, do what I do and concentrate mainly on t1 factories, so you can trade up instead of down. Most people don't mind crosstrades if you're giving planks and want gems, for example. They hate the other way around (and most cross trades are the other way around.) You'll get lots of goods for catering with t1s.

Some things are a lot better than they used to me. Remember the horrid collection in the FAs of the past? Remember when you had zero pet food buildings or other rare commodities? Remember the days before you could craft, before you could earn diamonds in the spire, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. Some things are a lot better. Yes, some changes I could have done without. But overall, this is still the best game on earth, which is why it's the only one I play anymore. So come on and get happy! Try the scrollkeepers section and look at things with new eyes. Everytime I get frustrated with something, I think of all the good things that have happened. We've got a lot to be thankful for here. Good luck to you!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
In considering your point of view there are things with which I agree, and things which I agree not so much. But, in looking over your city, I can see how some things could be frustratingly slow since, as I read it, you city has grown only 2000 or so points since May. To me that means you may not be visiting as much and thus, with some resources decaying each night, you may be finding it difficult to keep up in resources needed. I could be wrong, of course, but that's my impression.

Another thing is that your city is not laid out as efficiently as it might be, and that means room for your guest race buildings is not consolidated -- thus slowing down your progress. Not to be the sort of person who offers criticism without construction, I've re-arranged your city in elvenstats and found a lot more consolidated space for you to use. Here's what I did to help.

In the larger scale of things, though, it's my view that players get bored, slow down, and sometimes just stop, not so much because the game changes so much as the challenges are no longer there. For this I usually suggest they refocus their goals. If they are a caterer, switch to fighting (or visa versa). if they have mastered the actual playing of the game, perhaps focusing on being a leader, starting their own training fellowship, or any number of other goals. In other words, sometimes a narrow measure of what it means to be successful in a game will make it boring pretty fast. Change the goal, change the game.

AJ

muffy.

@ajqtrz … “change the goal, change the game .”
Well said ajqtrz …. Spreading the word on the correct way to play the game , setting examples without negativity bringing a player down , giving guidance with possible solutions within yourself…that’s true spirit .
I for one, thank you ~

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It hadn't occurred to me to look at your city, @satchmo33 but @ajqtrz has gifted you some usesful work and provided some excellent advice. And I'll add to it that many of your older buildings and roads are a drain on your space.

I know how easy it is to get attached to culture buildings, but they can kill us a few chapters later. Replacing two or three squares of chapter 7, 8, and 9 roads with chapter 15 road will provide more culture than several of the small one-square culture buildings you have now. And those are buildings your neighbours can't polish. Doing nothing else but upgrading all of your roads to Ascending Streets would add over 50,000 to your culture. Then you could keep a dozen or so pure-culture buildings if you want that are at least four squares in size for people to polish and take a hard look at whether the rest are doing you any good (whether planning wise, or happiness).

satchmo33

Thanks Ed for the info on how to DM. I "sponge" up any and all info I can get.....

AND.....Oh - I thought @crackie was a guy! Your sense of humor is guy-like (which is a compliment IMO).