• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

AM's that award KP for Tourney

T6583

I've heard now that some AM's reward KP to top tourney players in their FS by donating to an AW of the players choice. Those of you that do this I'm hoping that you can give me some insight here? I'm thinking of doing it to help with motivation in tourney. Do you do just the top player? Top 3? Top 5? Another number? How much KP is usually given out? Does it work to motiviate members? Are there issues if it always seems to be the same members all of the time or between those with larger cities compared to smaller cities? Figured it was worth having a discussion / exploring the idea a bit. Thanks for all and any feedback.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Not exactly what you were asking, but I was offering 10 KP for top tournament score and top percentage growth of city size. Out of six offers in three weeks, only one person ever took me up on it and told me where to put them. So I'd have to say it did not seem to be much of an incentive.

T6583

Not exactly what you were asking, but I was offering 10 KP for top tournament score and top percentage growth of city size. Out of six offers in three weeks, only one person ever took me up on it and told me where to put them. So I'd have to say it did not seem to be much of an incentive.
You answered my question(s). Was basically looking to see what others did and if it worked for them. Thank you.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm in an FS that uses a version of Wonder Society to award extra KP to members for tourney play. It adds 1kp for every 100pts that is over the base level for everyone who participates in the Society. Warning: this is loads of work for the wonder spreadsheet managers. You can learn about how these work and get a spreadsheet template from the Gems site at:
https://elvengems.com/ancient-wonders/wonder-society/

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
My FS does a ten chest push every 4 weeks.
( other weeks we usually get 7 or 8 )
The last couple pushes some of us "big guys" started doing bonuses for smaller players.
Last week, it came out this way.
Two players offered goods bonuses to 2nd and 3rd page members.

Page 3 players - 15 k of any 1,2,3 tier goods that person wants for any score over 1000 points. 30 k of any 123 tier goods for any score over 2000 pts. 45k of the same for any score over 3000.
Page 2 players - 20 k of any 1, 2,3 tier goods that person wants for any score over , 2000. 30k for any score of over 3000, 40 k for any score over 4000.

Then I offered 10kp to the highest 3rd page player and 5kp to second highest.

I really can't tell you if the bonuses encouraged more participation. Or encouraged people to do more.
But it added a little extra fun.

This sort of thing will of course have to be tailored to your own FS.
The lowest person on our Page 1 has a score over 350K. So we have people who can be generous with goods.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yeah I agree with Mucksterme, offering goods to the smaller cities is probably a better incentive then KP's. I don't put numbers on it, but do offer extra goods through 0 star and cross tier trades for the smaller players that do the tourneys. This helps them to be able to do tourneys and grow their cities at the same time, as it can be very hard for them to keep up with both without some help.

T6583

My FS does a ten chest push every 4 weeks.
( other weeks we usually get 7 or 8 )
The last couple pushes some of us "big guys" started doing bonuses for smaller players.
Last week, it came out this way.
Two players offered goods bonuses to 2nd and 3rd page members.

Page 3 players - 15 k of any 1,2,3 tier goods that person wants for any score over 1000 points. 30 k of any 123 tier goods for any score over 2000 pts. 45k of the same for any score over 3000.
Page 2 players - 20 k of any 1, 2,3 tier goods that person wants for any score over , 2000. 30k for any score of over 3000, 40 k for any score over 4000.

Then I offered 10kp to the highest 3rd page player and 5kp to second highest.

I really can't tell you if the bonuses encouraged more participation. Or encouraged people to do more.
But it added a little extra fun.

This sort of thing will of course have to be tailored to your own FS.
The lowest person on our Page 1 has a score over 350K. So we have people who can be generous with goods.

Great Idea! My lowest page 1 member is just over 280K. Right now we're averaging around 8.5 chests a week and do a 10 chest push approx. every 4 weeks. I think that we can get that 9th chest more often if everyone did 1 extra provience a week and I'm looking for ideas to help get that little extra push. Thank you.

T6583

Yeah I agree with Mucksterme, offering goods to the smaller cities is probably a better incentive then KP's. I don't put numbers on it, but do offer extra goods through 0 star and cross tier trades for the smaller players that do the tourneys. This helps them to be able to do tourneys and grow their cities at the same time, as it can be very hard for them to keep up with both without some help.

We already offer 0 star trades during tourney for the players that need it. Some take us bigger cities up on that offer. Some do not.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yeah, I kind of took that as a given, and not part of a KP inducement. I'm giving away about 100-150k goods every week, which is part of why we are getting about 7 chests a week on most non-push weeks.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@samidodamge thanks. We just have KP threads and don't have any spreadsheets for the AW's.
Just note the wonder society and awarding KP for tournaments through it are different things. I was in a fellowship that awarded bonus KP for visits and tournaments and it was a lot of extra work and complexity to do it that way.

One fellowship I was in did a "stacks on" approach for the top participant. Everyone was asked to donate some KP to one of their wonders at the end of the tournament, even if it was only 1kp. The bigger players usually gave more KP but over time it started to be the same people always at the top of the tournament list.

My current fellowship never bothered with incentives, they simply encouraged tournament play, spoke up the benefits of it and taught people how to improve in tournaments. We find even now it is typically the same players at the top of the fellowship list for tournaments. Mostly because they are farming a particular reward from the tournament for their own town. Even after we hit 10 chests people still do another couple rounds because of the individual rewards they can earn.

Great Idea! My lowest page 1 member is just over 280K. Right now we're averaging around 8.5 chests a week and do a 10 chest push approx. every 4 weeks. I think that we can get that 9th chest more often if everyone did 1 extra provience a week and I'm looking for ideas to help get that little extra push. Thank you.

A word of warning with the push weeks is they can eventually become a detriment as you get closer to 10 chests. Numerous fellowships I have been in with push weeks found the same thing, people go slower on non-push weeks. Once we stopped the push weeks the general performance lifted across all weeks, in many cases it took less than a full tournament cycle to hit 10 chests without a push week and not much more to do it every week.

If your fellowship is clear on its goals in regards to tournaments and all members have "bought into" those goals you should find natural growth and development gets people there. I have watched a number of fellowships grow into 10 chest fellowships and it was easy when everyone was on board with the end goal. When everyone isn't is when life was much more difficult, regardless of how many chests your goal is.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
A word of warning with the push weeks is they can eventually become a detriment as you get closer to 10 chests. Numerous fellowships I have been in with push weeks found the same thing, people go slower on non-push weeks.

My FS had a different result.
First let me explain that we have a 500 point rule. If you participate in a tourny you must get at least 500 points.
At least partly because of that we had people who sat out tournys.
With the push weeks, and some of us talking up the rewards, we had more people joining in for the push. Then when they saw it was actually easier and more rewarding than they thought, they started playing every week.

T6583

@Mykan some very good points. When I took over as AM earlier this year I had a discussion with the entire FS on what goals we wanted for the FS. Tourney improvement was the number 1 goal. We started with some smaller goals such as getting 10 chests once a round. Did that a few times and had a 2nd discussion about adding in a 2nd 10 chest week. Of those that take part in the discussions it’s clear that we’re not ready to do 10 chests every week and won’t be for a bit. We’re currently having a discussion if we want to move to 10 chests 3x a cycle or not and if we want to raise the minimum for participation. We currently have a minimum of 500 which most players get with no issue for non push weeks. So I think we’re all on the same page based on feedback. I’m definitely interested in hearing all ideas to see if there is anything else I might be able to do. Like @mucksterme once we hit that first 10 chest we suddenly had a lot more interest and members who originally weren’t all that interested started doing tourney a lot more.

Gath Of Baal

The archmagi of the fellowship I am in just currently had to leave the game due to real life stuff going on, but she would award 30kp to the top tourney participant each week and an additional 50kp every 5th week for the top point average over those 5 weeks.. This is what she saved all her KP instants for to give out as rewards.
We used Discord and the winner each week was given a nice prize banner and title of Tournament Champion.. The winner of the 5 week average is given an even nicer banner and title of Grand Champion..

She also had a birthday KP program were on a players birthday everyone in the fellowship should (but not required) donate any amount of KP to that players wonder of choice

Last edited:

Chrizty

Im going to be the bad gal here but,,, I never understood the whole reward the highest tourney player in a FS, as often its the same players, could also discourage other players,
If you must feel to do rewards, I think if you could balance rewards out, such as keep track of everyone's tourney points and when one grows more. like a percentage. showing they are doing better in the tourneys, it would want them all to do better, or at least add that to your rewards thing,,

Also I do not agree with senior players giving goods to lower players for the tourneys, because I feel that will hurt the lower player more than help them. How will they learn if someone else is catering it for them? I just feel its better to teach them than to do it for them. Now to help them out for upgrades and research is ok, but tourneys,, I aint about it, be careful if that will be a rewards thing, Ive seen a player get dependent on it, was not good,

Deleted User - 3932582

Also I do not agree with senior players giving goods to lower players for the tourneys, because I feel that will hurt the lower player more than help them. How will they learn if someone else is catering it for them? I just feel its better to teach them than to do it for them. Now to help them out for upgrades and research is ok, but tourneys,, I aint about it, be careful if that will be a rewards thing, Ive seen a player get dependent on it, was not good,
It's simply an efficient use of resources. The same amount of goods will bring much higher number of points if spent by a lower level player. I mean, catering a single encounter (not a whole province) can cost me 20-30K of goods in each tier. A player in chapter 2 can probably ride almost the whole tournament on that amount. Also, fighting sucks in lower level chapters, while catering is very cheap - the relationship changes later on.

So the whole fellowship benefits (higher rewards etc) if goods can be funneled from higher level players to lower level players. The only thing they learn early on if fighting in tournaments is what pain is. Even without goods sponsors I catered most of my tournaments early on. It is simply cheaper that way. Once you get better units, faster production speed and some of the military AWs fighting becomes a much more attractive proposition.

Last edited by a moderator: