• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Amuni

DeletedUser3507

Now if they would unlock expansions again I would be happy...;)

I want to protest SS Techs all ready when were capped makes me say grrrrr:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Does not make a bit of sense All it's doing is screwing with our tourneys...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am definitely looking forward to the new event: finally I will have some instants for my exhausted scout.:D and possible upgrades of buildings.....o_O:confused:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Those tabs are available to us at the same time as the goldmine and trap.
Actually the order of techs you are suggesting is the only way to do it.
While you could unlock the tech for traps and goldsmiths, actually building them requires T5 so you need to go all the way to the trader upgrade first.
As for upgrading T5 (and T2 to level 24+) It is very expensive, and will be pretty slow going:

Placing your initial goldsmiths and traps can be done with the T5 gained from a single level 24 with MM spell in a day.
vs
Upgrading your two T5 to max as well as your eight T2 to max will cost 1.5 million T5 which will take 140 3h productions with MM (approx 3 weeks)
Upgrading just to level 24 for the shape change costs nothing though so that part is easy.

Of course if your only goal is to not temporarily drop in ranking, you should upgrade everything to max regardless of the cost or actual need of doing so, and simply build a minimalist settlement. The next guest race is probably 6+ months away, so as long as you complete Amuni in that time you shouldn't fall behind(aside from being slower to unlock the second workshop and res upgrades)

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Not a chance I could just sit on my hands with a new chapter o_O For me this is the fun part of the game. I got all the expansions except the one in the tech tree and went to town rearranging. Upgraded houses & WS to get a better idea where I am on population. It looks like I'll have to buy 1 or 2 blue houses for mfg upgrades but not a big deal. I am way too impatient to not get going! I couldn't sit here bored while what I consider the fun part of the game is waiting so onward :p I've got it all planned out with everything fitting for the Amuni and no ranking hit because I don't need to bulldoze any factories. I am a happy camper :D

DeletedUser

way too impatient
I know.;)
went to town rearranging. Upgraded houses & WS t
congrats on upgrading all of your residences and w/s, that was an awesome feat. That had to have cost you a pretty penny (minus the blueprints).

Everyone Good luck on whatever strategy you use, and have fun your way Happy Gaming♥

as long as you complete Amuni in that time you shouldn't fall behind(aside from being slower to unlock the second workshop and res upgrades)
I think I will be ok, once I found the key to elementals I finished that within 3 months. I think 6 is within a doable scope. Time will tell. Until then....enjoy your game, your way!
As far as falling behind, this is a game, if falling behind in a game means jumping ahead in life, I will take life over game any day.:D

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@SoggyShorts That is one of the advantages of having a blue city. One upgrade :p Actually, this is the first time we had to finish a residence & workshop research to upgrade blue buildings.

As far as falling behind, this is a game, if falling behind in a game means jumping ahead in life, I will take life over game any day.:D

I completely agree! I'm thinking falling behind would only be based on a self imposed expectation. Otherwise we all might have to keep up with whomever has the deepest pockets :eek: I feel a bit behind on a couple of things, like AW upgrades and tournament points, but I'm happy with my game as is :cool:

DeletedUser

[upgrade Otherwise we all might have to keep up with whomever has the deepest pockets

I thought you knew me well enough to know I do not keep up with anyone... Goodness bless those people.....I play my city my way, sometimes it is fast..Other times...not so much, either way, I'm good just being me. The game is a crap shoot. More crap than shoot, but hey, its just a game:cool:

SoggyShorts

Obviously RL trumps a game, but I'm afraid I don't see the connection in this context?:confused:

You posted about a strategy you and your fellows came up with which has pros and cons(like any strategy will) I just highlighted some of them.

That is one of the advantages of having a blue city. One upgrade :p
Ahhh I totally overlooked that.
So then the advantage of @Purfie 's strategy to upgrade everything first, and then start the guest race is perfect for maintaining ranking. (and likely only a few weeks slower to completion)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I just highlighted some of them.
That is my point. The strategies are not meant for others to follow (unless they see real value, then consider them) Nor are they meant to be to be picked apart
only way to do it.
There are other options in the 2nd row of tabs, some will choose those as they already have w/s and residences with enough population to accommodate.
Of course if your only goal is to not temporarily drop in ranking, simply build a minimalist settlement
As far as ranking, I have already dropped by 2, no worries on my part, once I start upgrading residences and w/s I will regain my ground with the blueprints (I refuse to spend money for diamonds) I have accumulated. I will continue to gain each week with blueprints.

So then the advantage of @Purfie 's strategy to upgrade everything first, and then start the guest race is perfect for maintaining ranking. (and likely only a few weeks slower to completion)[/QUOTE]
yes Deb, in the beginning it may seem like some of us are (as soggy put it) behind, Once the basics are done, we believe we will gain ground. Any good construction starts with a solid foundation.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I keep thinking about the concept of beating the game.:confused: I'm not really wrapping my head around that concept for this game. I've always just looked at this as an ongoing game to build & play. I built a good foundation as I wanted it and adjusted to whatever direction the developers moved toward. I guess I would call it playing as developed. Being somebody who has never been that great at "staying between the lines" I've found it is actually more relaxing to play this as designed. I've always liked the challenge of adapting and evolving my city to the goal the developers put out there for each chapter. I may grumble until I figure out the spacing puzzle but then I'm a happy player who has accomplished the challenge as it was presented by the developers.

When I think of beating a game I think 'Go downstairs. Turn on the PlayStation. Put on the VR headset. Do my darndest to beat a level of the game' :D

That is just my perspective on games to build vs games to beat.

SoggyShorts

There are other options in the 2nd row of tabs, some will choose those as they already have w/s and residences.
Perhaps I wasn't clear.
You said you planned to unlock T5 before unlocking Goldsmiths and Trap makers.
I'm saying that you must unlock T5 before building Goldsmiths and Trap makers.
gs1.png

Therefore the only logical choice is to unlock T5 first. Like putting on socks before boots instead of after.:p
The strategies are not meant for others to follow (unless they see real value, then consider them) Nor are they meant to be to be picked apart
I'm sorry, but that is absolutely not how public forums work. If you share a strategy you should expect it to be both used by others(if it's any good) and for it to be reviewed and analysed. I mean how can we "see real value, then consider them" without picking them apart? ;)
Once the basics are done, we believe we will gain ground.
If by "gain ground" you mean "catch up", then yes.:) I do not however see any reason why your method would allow you to pull ahead after a slower start. Building up and maxing out 2 T5s and 8 T2s costs a lot of T5 goods. By the time you have maxed out 25% of your buildings, a player who only upgraded T5 to level 24 and moved on to settlement buildings will have produced all of the T5 needed for the whole chapter. :eek:
1,560,000 T5 needed to upgrade 2xT5 + 8xT2 buildings
3h production at level 27 is 540
540 x 8=4,320 (assuming 700%boost)
4,320x1.5=6,480 (assuming MM spell)
1,560,000/6,480 =240(per T5)
120x3h productions
vs
300,000 total cost of techs and guest race upgrades
3h production at level 24 is 430
430x 8=3,440(assuming 700%boost)
3,440*1.5=5,160 (assuming MM spell)
300,000/5160 =58(per T5)
29x3h productions

The two advantages to upgrading to max as soon as possible are the quick 51,950 bump in ranking points, and the 25% increase in T2 production. Admittedly I do not know how much of an impact +25% T2 will have on a city in tournaments, but I do not think it will allow a player to complete the chapter 2-4 weeks faster since the techs and settlement buildings don't need any T2 at all.

The Real Question for me is "Why not Both?"
Surely if your eventual plan is to have both upgraded T2/5 buildings and guest race buildings at some point, then you have a plan to accommodate them?
Yes, building a goldsmith or a trapmaker costs T5 that you could use to upgrade T2/5, but the cost is ridiculously low in comparison:
Upgrade factory from level 24 to level 25 = 44,000 T5:(
Build level 1 goldsmith = 2,700 T5:)
One overnight production on your T5 will pay for you to place your entire settlement. You can literally do it while you sleep:D
I can't think of why someone wouldn't take 1 day and build up the guest race stuff and then focus on T2/5 upgrades.
Our goals (we have more than one) are to find the key. Every game is meant to be beaten. Every chapter has a key to do so.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't "the key" been the same for every guest race?
"Building as many guest race buildings as possible, as soon as possible allows you to beat the chapter as fast as possible":)

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@SoggyShorts But I want the pretty blue silk butterflies now!! :( LOL! Something to look forward to ;) It is definitely going to take a bit of time to get them all upgraded all the way but that's OK. Definitely not my only goal. I do think T2 needs to be upgraded once to the correct size/shape before building the Amuni buildings so I just plan to do them as I can without stopping chapter progress in it's tracks. I just don't like feeling stuck in one spot and getting bored. Plenty of time for that after the chapter is done and we are waiting for the next one :rolleyes: