• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

An in-game uploadable icon slot

• Thread starter DeletedUser1108
  • Start date

DeletedUser1108

How cool would it be to have an up-loadable icon slot for your in-game icon?

DeletedUser

Better explanation please. What exactly do you mean?

DeletedUser

Part of the issue with that is that they have no way of screening what images are uploaded to the game.

I would rather we have the option of customizing our in-game avatars, similar to what Inno has for "The West". There's a suggestion thread regarding this topic in the archive, I believe.

DeletedUser1108

Sadly that is true...the jerks who would choose to be inappropriate spoil it for everyone...and yet they seem to be able to control it on the forum...as far as I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sadly that is true...the jerks who would choose to be inappropriate spoil it for everyone...and yet they seem to be able to control it on the forum.

There is no built-in filter to stop it. They rely on us to report violations.

DeletedUser1108

There is no built-in filter to stop it. They rely on us to report violations.
So aside from the potentially larger population it would be no different from policing obscene player or city names and if you think about it there is no reason to think it would be much different.

DeletedUser

So aside from the larger population it would be no different from policing obscene player or city names.

It's much, much different in legal terms. And when you stop and consider just how many servers there are (national + Beta)... it's not worth the potential risks.

DeletedUser1108

It's much, much different in legal terms. And when you stop and consider just how many servers there are (national + Beta)... it's not worth the potential risks.
I suppose an approval cue might be called for, but given the amount of money this game generates is that so over the top oppressive? Like most things here it would be administered by volunteers anyway.

DeletedUser

I suppose an approval cue might be called for, but given the amount of money this game generates is that so over the top oppressive?

What do you mean? 'Over the top oppressive'? This isn't an issue of freedom of speech, if that's what you mean...and how much money a game makes has nothing to do with laws.

DeletedUser1108

What do you mean? 'Over the top oppressive'? This isn't an issue of freedom of speech, if that's what you mean...and how much money a game makes has nothing to do with laws.
If they can do it here on the forum, how much different would it be in-game? An approval cue would allow them the necessary control of obscene content.

DeletedUser

If they can do it here on the forum, how much different would it be in-game? An approval cue would allow them the necessary control of obscene content.

Here...why don't you just delete this thread, repost it, and I won't comment. That way, your suggestion thread won't get derailed by off-topic discussion or arguing, and folks who like your idea won't get scared off. :)

DeletedUser1108

Here...why don't you just delete this thread, repost it, and I won't comment. That way, your suggestion thread won't get derailed by off-topic discussion or arguing, and folks who like your idea won't get scared off. :)
Why? I have no issue with you bringing up things which would need consideration. Isn't that what discussion of an idea should entail?

DeletedUser2768

Seeing as how they can't seem to get, or keep, enough forum volunteers, do you REALLY think they'll get the volunteers for your proposed avatar queue?

DeletedUser1108

So use the already existing red exclamation point to have users report obscene content in the same manner that they currently
report inappropriate messaging.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Goes back to doing important forum moderator stuff...and things
Lies! Dirty dirty lies!

Just kidding, please keep letting me derail threads post like a good little forum user.

@kingcake
One issue no one has brought up yet is that the "reward" for building a wonder is often a new avatar, as if unlocking a new chapter. If we all had custom avatars, then those rewards would be useless.:(