• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

An Interesting Case of Spire Catering

TimeMachine

is that your standard opening with 5 choices ?
No it is not my standard opening, because I ain't got no standard opening any more.

To me it often felt like the spire seemed to "learn" what my standard is and seemed to trick me on my own standard!

That's why meanwhile I am distributing my goods freestyle - without any recognizable pattern.

BrinDarby

To me it often felt like the spire seemed to "learn" what my standard is and seemed to trick me on my own standard!
It also seems to know what Im low on and ask
for more of that. I use it against itself almost like
when I play VideoPoker.... I try and goat it into
asking for what I want it to ask for.

JackofShadows

If I do the entire Spire in one session (and I don't recommend this for various reasons), I have noticed that I tend to get the same rewards over and over. I got 4 artifacts from one Spire once. I have a friend who has twice got 3 artifacts just doing the first boss.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has noticed this or if I'm seeing something that isn't there.

Granted it's been decades since I did any coding, but when I did (BASIC, Fortran IV, and Pascal), it was a common failing of RNGs to get "stuck" on the same number range. If you generated 100 "random" numbers between 1 and 100, you would usually see a place where there were 5-6 numbers in a row with very close values e.g. 2,6,4,3,6 while the rest of the results looked more like what one would expect.

Yogi Dave

Granted it's been decades since I did any coding, but when I did (BASIC, Fortran IV, and Pascal), it was a common failing of RNGs to get "stuck" on the same number range.
That was true using the RNG from DOS days of Microsoft and other old systems. However, there are much better RNGs that became the norm before the turn of the millennian. However, in this game, an RNG isn't used. It's twisted goblin spawn or worse and they love to mess with you. See, I used the nice word for what they do.