• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

An Open Letter to the developers of Elvenar:

hvariidh gwendrot

this is an opinion based on fact so here we go .. if you are complaining and still spending, you need to stop complaining .. they don't listen to complaining they look at profit, if you are upset but still send them money, you are just complaining without doing anything, which is meaningless to them

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Another way to write this question is "why would Inno go so far out of their way to betray their best clients?" It is a surreal business philosophy. In my FS I'm noticing some people still want more expansion and then there is questioning complaints that the spire has gotten too hard...

To answer this question, let's turn it around. I'm a client. I want to build a house. I hire a house building company and they build my house. I pay them and now they and I have nothing more to exchange. Should I or would I keep contacting them about building a house? Nope. I have from them what I want and they are offering nothing more that I would want.

In that scenario they have two options. They can try to entice me into buying an even bigger, better house. But how likely is that when I've already achieved my goals? Should they spend the time working on getting me and all the brand new home owners they have built homes for to buy a marginally bigger, better home or to get a lot of "unsatisfied with their current home" buyers to buy the stuff they've already designed and are ready to build? In fact, even if there are 1,000 people who have purchased a new home from them how many are going to be enticed into now buying yet another new home to replace the one they just bought? Lets say 200. So the market is 200. On the other hand, how many of 1,000 "I'm not satisfied with my current home" would buy for a home the company has already designed and tested? Certainly an easier sale.

Then take it yet another round. How many of the 200 who bought the new, new home will you need to convince to buy the new, new, new home? Unless it's overwhelming better than the second new home, not many. Thus the cost of designing and marketing the new, new, home may not be worth the profit of the 20 you can entice into buying it because the higher you go on the ladder the fewer there are to reach that rung.

It's a business model based on a predictable rate of play. A large number will start, Y will quit in X amount of time, and Z will spend. The longer you go the smaller the remaining players at the next level will be. And if the number who are most advanced and have been with you the longest grows smaller and smaller, eventually there is no need to produce anything for them because the number of them reaching that level is too small to warrant building another level.

It's not about loyalty. If Inno did that they could easily end up spending all their profit building stuff for the top 1% (the ones who have progressed to the very top and aren't likely to spend much more) and go bankrupt. Not a good business model at all.

AJ