• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ancient Wonder Helper Restriction

DeletedUser24841

Mobile users dont get the option at all. And as for chests when neighborly help is given you dont get to pick what item other than what is available in pop up window be it main hall only or main hall and builder hut or main hall, builder hut or a culture item. When i visit a city there is only their city there is no ability to select anything be it an AW or culture or chest. The pops up.to help says chest but doesnt mean you get it, its random. And mostly give relics during winter event i got a couple enchantments. I may get an enchantment every now and then but i help all my FS members and all discovered on my map because they are the only ones i can help. I can visit a city just to see their setup which is neat to see and get ideas for helping me setup mine. I guess there are pros and cons like when fighting I lose all no option to surrender to save units, or manually stategize i can fight same but no matter what order you place your type units it kills them all and when you think youve figured out how it works the same setup with same number squadsize thats all it shows you loses autofight after you won one just like it. I still dont know how this works. When you keep fighting over and over the same battle it shows their losses after battle but i lose all my mine and always fight with less and less each time theirs are always the same number strength. Shouldnt the losses affect them too?

DeletedUser8604

I do not want their help. I do not want some random troll spending hours roaming the map looking for places to dump a couple of useless points of KP. I would rather spend my own KP than get theirs.
hahahaha... you got bigger issues then them leaving a few KP's to help the AW... Shesssshhhhh

DeletedUser8604

Mobile users dont get the option at all. And as for chests when neighborly help is given you dont get to pick what item other than what is available in pop up window be it main hall only or main hall and builder hut or main hall, builder hut or a culture item. When i visit a city there is only their city there is no ability to select anything be it an AW or culture or chest. The pops up.to help says chest but doesnt mean you get it, its random. And mostly give relics during winter event i got a couple enchantments. I may get an enchantment every now and then but i help all my FS members and all discovered on my map because they are the only ones i can help. I can visit a city just to see their setup which is neat to see and get ideas for helping me setup mine. I guess there are pros and cons like when fighting I lose all no option to surrender to save units, or manually stategize i can fight same but no matter what order you place your type units it kills them all and when you think youve figured out how it works the same setup with same number squadsize thats all it shows you loses autofight after you won one just like it. I still dont know how this works. When you keep fighting over and over the same battle it shows their losses after battle but i lose all my mine and always fight with less and less each time theirs are always the same number strength. Shouldnt the losses affect them too?
yes, I would like to see this option for mobile and table users also...

NightshadeCS

Mobile users dont get the option at all.

I expect this will get rolled out to mobile eventually. The messaging took FOREVER, and this is just as essential. We just need to be patient.

And as for chests when neighborly help is given you dont get to pick what item other than what is available in pop up window be it main hall only or main hall and builder hut or main hall, builder hut or a culture item.

The treasure chests you get when giving Neighborly Help have always been random. It doesn't matter whether you help the Main Hall or a Culture building, or the Builder Hut. You will get three random chests on three random visits.

As for the options that show up for what you can help when doing this on mobile, that is also similar to what happens on PC, only a whole lot easier. Main Hall should always be available unless they have reached their coin capacity (check me on this, someone). Builder Hut will be available only if there are help slots available. You can receive as many helps to the Builder as you have Builders (think levels of upgrade). If you have a Hut with 4 builders, you can receive help 4 times. No one, not browser or mobile, can then help the builder until you build or upgrade something that uses one of those helps. The culture building that shows up in the three options should be the highest culture building they have available to polish. If they have no culture buildings or all of their culture buildings have been polished in the last day, then that option will not be available to browser or mobile users. The only difference with culture buildings on browser is that folks can polish any culture building, but that often makes for sore feelings, since you can easily click on a culture building that is very low in culture instead of the preferred one.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Enevhar Aldarion
Maybe a delete button for those gifts you don't want.
I still don't get it unless you want to keep your FS some kind of an elite group and think everyone else is trying to do your FS harm.
If you think someone is trolling your city report them. :p
I bet you'd feel dfferently if it was diamonds?

No, a delete option would too complicated, like my original suggestion. Just being able to set a minimum would keep the random trolls from putting in one KP and getting back rune shards and 10 or 20 KP in AKs when it happens to be an AW no one else feels like helping fill with a decent amount of KP. It does not happen with every single AW, of course, because some are more highly valued by the better helpers, and there is enough help to push the trolls out of those chest rewards. This was originally triggered when four members of the same fellowship came along and each put just a point or two into several of my AWs. If it had not stopped, I would have wondered if they were all run by the same person as push accounts. But no reason to report cheaters like that, since Inno does not seem to give a damn about that and lets it continue.

Oh, and speaking of elite groups, that is the braggarts who talk about their fellowships always getting 10 chests every week, or nearly every week, in the tournaments. The fellowship I am in is nowhere near that level of elitism. I think we got 10 chests twice last year.

DeletedUser16929

Less often and only one or two of them instead of several, so it is better. I know at least one of them posts in the forum, so maybe all this was seen and passed on to their fellowship members doing this.
... well that sounds like the perpetrators have become aware of their bad behavior and have changed their deviant ways to lead more obedient lives..................................................
... i only wish there was a forum for real life!

shimmerfly

1578439348079.png

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Wow ... I'm shocked. I actually thought I was doing a favor to strangers when I donated a few KP. I don't even need or even know what I "get" for it if it completes. Never entered my mind; just trying to say "thank you" for doing a trade or some such thing. To think that people are conjuring up all sorts of evil to associate with my supposedly "horrid" behavior stuns me. Talk about trying to condemn newbies, as well as discouraging people from giving KP to those who may be a less hostile and may actually want the KP. I know I would ... I'd be thrilled if I saw people adding to mine (not that I have any yet). If you don't want it, fine. Be that way. But don't ruin the game for people who do. Not every stranger is as evil minded as you seem to think they are. :(

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have always given KP to players on my map, as a thank you for taking my trades--if they are still yet undiscovered to me. They have all thanked me for helping to get their AWs upgraded faster {I even gave a handful of KP to @Sir Squirrel for making my beautiful sig & avatar}. Also, when I am recruiting, I will drop a few KP into an AW of a potential new member. I also will drop KP into the AWs of friends I find in other realms-just as a way of saying hello. I have never given KP with the intention or hope of gaining a reward chest--except in my own fellowships-when it was an AW I was wanting to build. I guess this makes me a bad person? :oops:
Not to me! I know I'd rather have you for a neighbor than a certain other person ... who will probably report me for being rude, lol. Seems he loves to threaten everyone. And by the way, Sputnik, thanks for the joke! It lightened up my mood so I can leave here with a laugh instead of a growl. :)

Nectar of the Gods

I do understand the angst of having a person who is on the other side of the world come in and put down a kp on one of my wonders, hoping for the rewards of the chest. When you are in a FS, you want those rewards to go to the people in your FS. But after some cursing on my part, watching rewards go to some sniper for 1 kp, I have come to the conclusion that it is not the sniper's fault and I should not be angry at them. It is the fault of the people in the FS who are so lackadaisical that they choose not to put forth the effort of sticking 5 kp down on my AW to get the rewards. It is a FS failing, not the fault of the random opportunist.

It's a game. Do we really need anything to upset about that doesn't really matter? Because in the long run, this doesn't really matter. Talk to your FS. Get people involved. If you don't have a KP Swap set up, set one up. If you do and it isn't working then go to a different system that will work. And most of all, don't sweat the small stuff.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I just love how lazy people can be on the internet and not actually read what was said. The entire original issue was with players so far away there was no chance to have been discovered or to see any trades, especially from the smaller size of some of them. Anyone who can visit or be visited, or share trades, is fine with even one KP added to a Wonder. I have discovered close to 300 neighbors so far and the ones I had issues with a few months ago were all half a world away and in a fellowship together. So when several people all came along and put a point or two each into several wonders, it was very irritating. If those players had even put in just 5 or 10 KP, it would have been okay, but when it is one or two points, it is someone being an opportunist who hopes to get a lot more back than they put in.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I just love how lazy people can be on the internet and not actually read what was said
That portion of what was actually said is irrelevant, because the the proposed change affects everyone in the game, not only the specific people you were complaining about.
it is someone being an opportunist who hopes to get a lot more back than they put in.
Outside of a smal number of dedicated communists (note the small-c), this is how human beings operate. Expecting people to not hope to get more than they put in is ridiculous.

When you spot something on sale, do you spend a lot of time and angst wondering if the seller really wants you to get it for that price, or if maybe they've only put it on sale because they have no choice to pay their bills? Even if the answer was yes, do you really think they'd be better off because you resisted the urge to buy at the sale price? The fact is, when someone puts KP into another person's AW, the recipient is getting something for free. That the person donating is getting more for than they donated is not a good reason to forbid donations.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Reward poachers and (most) minimal point donation players already damage the social aspect of this part of the game.

I beg to differ,

Swap threads, KP Trains, Wondermail or whatever you like to call is are a very social activity and prevent this from happaning.

Also searching for wonders can be a very social activity, when this is shared with the fellowship many players in that fellowship benefit from it.
Your idea in itself is very anti social.

shimmerfly

when several people all came along and put a point or two each into several wonders, it was very irritating. If those players had even put in just 5 or 10 KP, it would have been okay, but when it is one or two points, it is someone being an opportunist
Just name your city "NO KP" ?
I think it's silly your being fearful of someone getting something YOU feel they don't deserve. Your entitld to your opinion of course as are the rest of the people in this thread and/or forum.

how lazy people can be on the internet and not actually read what was said.

Most people are just being kind as you can" read" in the majority of resposes in this thread especialy the newer players as they have no other way of thanking someone for picking up a trade or a visit. Some may just be tech locked and are bored.
People across your map, I would just ignore. No sense driving yourself nuts about it. Only my advice....