• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ancient Wonder Reward announcements

Henroo

Oh Wise One
When you have invested points in another player's AW and the research on it is complete, you get a pop-up announcement which tells you that you have received rewards for helping another player on an AW. However, it does not tell you which player just finished research or which AW was completed. I think both of these would be useful to know. For example: instead of merely telling me I just received two 5 point AW spells, tell me I received two 5 point AW spells for contributing to Player X's Golden Abyss. Would it be possible to add these 2 pieces of data to the announcement we already get?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am giving this a comment to bump it up. Because I think it is a good idea. Right now I have multiple players in my FS who are trying to improve their Golden Abyss. Even if I receive a reward announcement that includes GA runes, it does not tell me which player completed research. Madness!

T6583

It would be nice but I would much rather get a notification when one of my AW’s have been completed. Sometimes someone finishes it off by putting extra KP in them and I don’t always realize it until either I go to use my FS KP threads or someone posts in chat.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It would be nice but I would much rather get a notification when one of my AW’s have been completed. Sometimes someone finishes it off by putting extra KP in them and I don’t always realize it until either I go to use my FS KP threads or someone posts in chat.

Yes, make it simple. Give us one of those little exclamation points they love to use on the AW icon at the bottom of the screen.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
As an fs that does a lot of "finishing" each other's AW's it's a real problem for us. I've seen two or three pop up when I show up and I'm never sure which AW was finished and which was not. It would be nice to know which of the many being finished are finished. AND, as suggested, having a msg pop up saying MY AW has been finished would be nice as well.

Great ideas!

AJ

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm somewhat ambivalent about knowing who's finished, but I'd like to know when my own are finished. We could really benefit from a HUD of some kind with more details about what's happening in our own city, and if that extended to the Fellowship it wouldn't offend me. A pop-over text page with a list of buildings under construction, research stages completed or near complete, production runs finished, etc.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I'm somewhat ambivalent about knowing who's finished, but I'd like to know when my own are finished. We could really benefit from a HUD of some kind with more details about what's happening in our own city, and if that extended to the Fellowship it wouldn't offend me. A pop-over text page with a list of buildings under construction, research stages completed or near complete, production runs finished, etc.

I would be fine with both. But what you are describing sounds like it would be a good bit of extra programing. We already get a pop-up announcement when somebody else's AW is finished, showing us what points spells and runes (if there are any in the reward) we just earned. It should be simple to add whose AW was completed to the existing announcement.

able99

Why not simply add a Notification whenever anyone adds kp to one of your AW's. It could read... PlayerX added 10 KP to your Golden Abyss...
We are already notified when ever anyone polishes anything, or when your trade is accepted. This Notification seems natural.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Why not simply add a Notification whenever anyone adds kp to one of your AW's. It could read... PlayerX added 10 KP to your Golden Abyss...
We are already notified when ever anyone polishes anything, or when your trade is accepted. This Notification seems natural.
That might seem okay at low levels, but during a busy tournament at high levels, I might get 40 or 50 notifications in a single day from one AW. That would wipe off most of my help-returns and not be pleasant.

Yogi Dave

I agree with @Ashrem With the previous daily for the event being AW KP and people doing provs for the tourney ending and the AW KP from chests, two of my AWs were filled. Our FS filled 15 since Friday. There's a thread in the ideas about the notification dialog being too short with 10 pages. This would just exacerbate the situation.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
May I propose combining the two ideas and present it as one? And change the title to something like Ancient Wonder notification enhancement or something along that line.

I think both ideas are great, and can be presented as one solution rather than two separate concepts :)

Yogi Dave

I like the idea, but here I go again with wondering about a complication. When multiple AWs have completed that gave us a chest reward and we log in, isn't that all in one dialog? If I'm not mistaken, that would mean multiple names would need to be added and a way to handle an overflow of names would have to be coded. You can't just let it blow up because someone was on vacation and they came back and ten people's AWs had completed that they got a chest from. Yes, an extreme example, but I'm a programmer and one of the principles is, if it can happen it will someday. This complicates the code from being as simple as your suggestion implies. When pros and cons are listed, perhaps, this needs to be added to it.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong about the system combining the info from several AWs I seem to remember a dialog with two different rune shards in it, but at my age the brain gets muddled at times.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Yogi Dave I do not know. I log on fairly frequently. As best as I can remember, I have never been in the situation where 2 AWs have been finished since my last log-in.