• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ancient World Abbreviations

Silvianar

I know that Elvenar does not have abbreviations for their AWs but the players have come up with some we regularly use so I thought you might like them to possibly incorporate into the AWs.
They are as follows:

Tome of Secrets (TS or ToS)
Golden Abyss (GA)
Endless Excavation (EE)
Needles of the Tempest (NT or NoT)
Martial Monastery (MM) or The Sanctuary (TS or Sanct.)
Crystal Lighthouse (LH) or The Great Bell Spire (GBS)
Watch Tower Ruins (WT or WTR)
Thrones of the High Men (THM)
Dwarven Bulwark (DB)
Mountain Halls (MtH)
Prosperity Towers (PT)
Blooming Trader Guild (BTG)
Hero's Forge (HF)
Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms (SSS)
Enar's Embassy (Enar)
Flying Acadamy (FA)
Maze of the Dark Matter (Maze)
Dragon Abbey (DA)
Temple of the Toads (TT)
Elvenar Trade Center (ETC)
Main Hall (MH)
Builders Hall (BH)
Sunset Tower
Victory Springs (VS)
Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood
Pyramid of Purification (Pyramid)
are for the new Chapters & I've not seen those abbreviated yet.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Good list, just a couple of edits I think:
Crystal Lighthouse (LH)
Prosperity Towers (PT)
Maze of the Dark Matter (MAZE)

SoggyShorts

I've seen VS for victory springs, but nothing for pyramid of purification because PoP is taken, so probably just "pyramid"?
Lighthouse of good Neighborhood (LoGN?) I haven't seen much talk about them pretty much because no one has them and they aren't very interesting IMNSHO

One I'd like to see catch on is GotoS because I'd rather not type "grounds of the orc strategists";)

Silvianar

I like Victory Springs (VS) and Pyramid of Purification (pyramid) for the Lighthouse of good Neighborhood how about (LHGN)? I never thought about grounds of the orc strategists, mainly because you only get visits there) but I like GotoS. I'll add that to my list.

What do you thing about Sunset Towers as ST?

SoggyShorts

What do you thing about Sunset Towers as ST?
That should work, there's no other wonder that comes close.

re:GotoS I only brought it up because since the launch of crafting I 've been mentioning it quite a bit.
Perhaps a second section for other common abbreviations? Like VV for Vallorian Vallors, and PoP for the spell?
A warning that there are some which require context such as the MM spell vs MM wonder, or EE spell vs EE wonder.