• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Android Emulators

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Those of us who do not use our mobile devices to play -- in my case because I'm too old to actually see the screen -- there are android emulators available for Windows and Macintosh systems. I use them to do visitation since it's much faster than in the Windows environment and since I do over 300 a day it's almost a must. I'm currently testing NOX after using Blue Stacks for a bit. There are at least ten others you could use.

Do you use an emulator? If so, what kind? Do you like it? A review?

The following is a review of my experience with Blue Stacks. You may not wish to review it unless you are in the market for an android emulator. On the other hand, do add your own review of your favorite emulator to the thread.

Thanks,

AJ

First, it's reasonably stable, or was when I started using it. I loaded a bit slow but was tolerable. It downloaded easily, installed easily and was pretty straight forward.

Once it loads you have to go to the app store -- it has it's own and Google's as well -- and install Elvenar. Then you are good to go.

In the Elvenar app was smooth and fast for the most part. Since I used it for visitation almost exclusively, the other functions were not tested fully. However, when I did have to use the wholesale trader, or even set up/collect production it wasn't bad at all. The only lack I saw was that to set up production you have to actually click on which level of production you want rather than use the quick keys, which is slower since you have to wait for the screen to load before you can click on the proper place. In my Windows Machine I click on the building I want to upgrade and even before the production window opens I press the corresponding quick key and often never see the production screen appear. In the android / mobile approach the window mus open completely because there are no quick keys.

Over all I liked Blue Stacks and would have continued to use it....but.

First, it started dropping back to Windows -- closing both Elvenar and BS and just dumping me back. Reloading worked fine and it only happened once every couple days. Then it started dropping me back to a blank screen where, after a second or so, my system would reboot. I thought it might be hardware and checked all my components (I spent 10+ years as a PC tech so I sort of know how to check things out and have the fancy tools to do so). Anyway, no hardware problems. I made sure all my SW was up to date (it was) and uninstalled BS.

In installing the newest version the same problem occurred. This time every time I tried to load it. I sent 4 msgs with the details and what I had tried to BS and got the normal "we hear you" message, but after 10 days no further response. Their forum has nothing on this.

So that's BS. I've downloaded Nox and will report in a week or so on it.

DeletedUser20616

I don't really have an issue with BS. My system: i5-6500 Quad core, 16 GB RAM, SSD, GTX 1050 ti; nothing too fancy. It could be that your hardware is a bit outdated or an issue with Windows 10, possible virus/ heat issues if your system restarts by itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alistaire

I run bluestacks with 8GB fine. Also with browser still open and final fantasy online running. If I have too many browser windows open sometimes it'll tell me i'm low on memory but that's it.

As for this part:
The only lack I saw was that to set up production you have to actually click on which level of production you want rather than use the quick keys,

Keep in mind on mobile now you can click 1 button to set all your workshops at once, and factories have a left/right button to cycle through. Those more than make up for the lack of quick keys.

DeletedUser5676

Keep in mind on mobile now you can click 1 button to set all your workshops at once, and factories have a left/right button to cycle through. Those more than make up for the lack of quick keys.
Maybe. On the other hand, one slip of the finger and you have to cancel all your workshops instead of one.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'll have to try to set my production in my emulator. Didn't know you could do all of them at once. Cool, provided you want all of them at the same level, right? That would help in doing breweries in the FA since setting 50 workshops every 5 minutes can be a bit tedious.

Thanks for the tip.

AJ