• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Animations of Buildings

SuNaya Dark

Hi.
I have a question for the Developers/etc.

Some of us are still playing on older PCs/laptops, and lack enough graphics RAM that it creates issues with all the active animations.
Is it possible to turn off the Animations?
(an upgraded laptop is in the works, but I sometimes have lagg issues due to most buildings having animations.)

Thank you for your time.
- SuNaya Dark

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Not a dev, but yes. If you go to the gear in the bottom right for settings, click the yellow small gear next to pull up Advanced Settings. In the Graphics tab, flip all the graphic quality to low and un-check "Toggle atmospheric effects". The game also runs better on other browsers instead of FireFox.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@crackie I note that I run on Firefox and have no more issues than I have on Chrome, Edge, or Opera. I'm not saying you are wrong but only that, in my case, Firefox seems just as good as any other up to date browser.

AJ

crackie

@crackie I note that I run on Firefox and have no more issues than I have on Chrome, Edge, or Opera. I'm not saying you are wrong but only that, in my case, Firefox seems just as good as any other up to date browser.

AJ
Firefox is my default browser but it runs noticeably more sluggish than Chrome or Edge and will run out of RAM faster than Chrome, Edge, or the MS Store App. As a student of the manual battle game too, this subpar performance on Firefox is not feasible for extended play. So I have to run the game on Chrome. It seems like @Zoof has similar experiences to report. It's also documented in dev notes:

Nightguest said:
Please note: on supported systems, Google Chrome usually offers slightly better performance than Firefox, which is why we do not generally recommend to switch to this browser to play our game unless you are unable to play using the Google Chrome browser. (Source)

crackie

This does ..... Not .... I repeat Not, stop all annimations.
OP has a great point, and I agree ... can we have a way to
stop All annimations ????
The only thing I can see is the stuff ready for collection jump a little. That seems pretty negligible but it does serve a function (alert you something is ready for collection). None of the buildings are moving and there's nobody walking around. What else are you trying to stop?

BrinDarby

Exactly, that stuff @crackie ....

I'm so bored ( & toasty ), I'll even elaborate ....
( and I'm not being sarcastic ) .... heh heh..

whether its a "rdy to collect" or a "bldg anni" , each instance burns a base %
of resources even tho 1 has more detail, the fact that they are an active anni
is the main factor. On the App, I know that "rdy to collect" icons can be/are static.

So lets drill down on this , shall we Crackie .....

Full anni , should be ... bldg annimates while in production,
and collect is annimated on completion...
1/2 Anni , should be ... no bldg anni while in production,
yet collect & enchantment is anni on completion/active...
No Anni , should be ... no bldg anni while in production,
no collect anni on completion , just static icon ... and
no enchantment anni, just static icon.

I can tell you for a fact, that since HTML5 took over from Flash,
we basically went back 25 years in efficiency....

It would be nice to have the option to turn off All annimations,
not just bldg anni's, it really can make that much difference....

Think about it this way Crackie ..... you log on, that pins cpu/mem/disk
for a few as things load, but once your city loads completely.... the only
active thing is really the curser(pointer).... Lets assume in this case, nothing
is rdy to collect, and you have used no enchantments .... so everything is static.
CPU usage is @ a minimum, just to display your city....

Every annimation from here on, thats add'd, also adds a basic cost to
resources plus the add'd reqs for more detail/bigger. Its all cumulative....

Before Flash was eliminated I could run on medium detail no problems.
Since HTML5, I only run on low, and sometimes if everything needs to be
collected I run into lagg issues, that just aren't there if nothing needs to be
collected and nothing is sparkled by an enchantment. Just doing 10 MMs
can lag me for the duration of the spell, I have to keep my city collected.

Obviously the App deems a static icon for collection good enuff to tell
players its time to collect, so I don't buy the debate saying its too hard to
see what needs collection, without a bouncy thingy there..... heh heh.

Buildings, collections, and enchantment annimations should be allowed
to be turned off. It can seriously help the client-side processing of the
game, and only help for game processing.

StarLoad

Brin, since you have the time to make a long and detailed post, is it too much to ask that you use complete words? Makes it a lot easier to read, and if someone if using a screenreader of speaks a language other than English, that makes it doubly difficult.

Ed

defiantoneks

i have few to no issues with firefox. not touching chrome. safari annoys me. i would guess it's all in your system and its preferences, along with your own personal ones.

SuNaya Dark

Not a dev, but yes. If you go to the gear in the bottom right for settings, click the yellow small gear next to pull up Advanced Settings. In the Graphics tab, flip all the graphic quality to low and un-check "Toggle atmospheric effects". The game also runs better on other browsers instead of FireFox.
Thank you.
However - Firefox is currently the most stable browser.
Can you name - specifically - which browser is better?

Thank you.
- SuNaya Dark

SuNaya Dark

THANK YOU !!!
That actually helped!
Once I get "The Beast" up and running, it won't be a problem.
But for now - on the "old" Lenovo - this really helped !!

- SuNaya Dark

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I can tell you for a fact, that since HTML5 took over from Flash,
we basically went back 25 years in efficiency....
I don't think you remember HTML animations from 1997. In any event, a reuction in the power of web animation has been a trade off for a huge increase in security and corresponding decrease in the ability of aggressive sites to overwhelm users with advertising. Flash was a nightmare for the disabled and its death is welcome by the majority of people who have to support users.