• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Animations stopped

DeletedUser25331

I recently replaced my broken iPhone SE with a 6S Plus, running the same iOS, but now the building animations are not working. It appears that Elvenar has updated during the time i had no phone, so I assume this issue has to do with the game version (1.97). I just updated to iOS 12, and no change. Am I missing something? The game has lost its charm without the animations.

DeletedUser25004

have you tried the fix all trick of deleting the app and reinstalling it?

DeletedUser25331

I read somewhere on these forums that the developers deliberately disabled the animations on some mobile devices for performance reasons. I don't have a list of which devices this affects. My iPhone also does not animate any of the buildings, so I don't think it's an issue with your phone.
I never noticed any lag or performance issues before. So if that’s the case, I’m really disappointed. It’s not as though I’m using first-gen device.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Have you tried submitting a support ticket @Serpicorabbit ? These forums are pretty much just players trying to help each other. I'll tag @Fairy Dust but I expect she'll need a ticket submitted so they can look further into your specific account. They'll probably be a lot more help than we will unless someone just happens to have had that same problem. You can submit a ticket here:
Elvenar Support

DeletedUser25331

Have you tried submitting a support ticket @Serpicorabbit ? These forums are pretty much just players trying to help each other. I'll tag @Fairy Dust but I expect she'll need a ticket submitted so they can look further into your specific account. They'll probably be a lot more help than we will unless someone just happens to have had that same problem. You can submit a ticket here:
Elvenar Support
I was just hoping someone here knew something I didn’t so I wouldn’t waste support’s time. But I think I may anyhow. Thanks for the advice.

I've been having the same problem! Running iOS 14 on a 6s Plus with pleeeenty of RAM...it's so weird! I've contacted support several times, no luck...mostly they give me advice for how to fix animations on the desktop. :confused: On the Facebook group, I was told that they'd probably fix it in this update, but I didn't see it mentioned in the notes.

Did you ever get a response or explanation?

Last edited:

Gladiola

I have my graphics settings set to low and don't have animations. Have you checked your graphics settings?

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I've been having the same problem! Running iOS 14 on a 6s Plus with pleeeenty of RAM...it's so weird! I've contacted support several times, no luck...mostly they give me advice for how to fix animations on the desktop. :confused: On the Facebook group, I was told that they'd probably fix it in this update, but I didn't see it mentioned in the notes.

Did you ever get a response or explanation?

There was a bug in the previous app version,
And RAM(random access memory) is not the same as storage, if there is one thing every iPhone lacks, it's RAM. (there is a reason they never tell RAM in there marketing they always ignore it)
Only recently have they switched to 3-4GB (iphone 11/12?), all oldver versions run 1-2GB. (similar or below the budget android phone)

There processors are awesome as they make use of L3 cache (something maybe new qualcomm chips also have but historically never had) but they have always cheapskated on RAM.

Last edited:
There was a bug in the previous app version,
And RAM(random access memory) is not the same as storage

Ha! You're absolutely right, and I knew that, but somehow my brain kept substituting one for the other.

So if this was a bug in the last version, does this mean it's something they're looking into correcting, or am I out of luck?

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Ha! You're absolutely right, and I knew that, but somehow my brain kept substituting one for the other.

So if this was a bug in the last version, does this mean it's something they're looking into correcting, or am I out of luck?
Actually the bug is not in the iOS app, but somewhere else ouside of the games control. (android is not affected, it's iOS specific)
When the game is low on RAM it disables animations to keep the game playable, they are no longer able to monitor RAM usage on iOS devices for the time being.

So to keep the game working they most likely have to disable animation permanently on certain "older" devices.
Which devices those are I am not sure but my best guess is every 2GB and lower device. which would be any device except iPhone 11+ and the iPad Pro. I might be slightly worg but I think my guess is fairly accurate in this regard, I can't quickly finf the list I posted at some playes that show how much RAM each iOS device has. but in general it's hopeless.

Which would be most of apples lineup. but maybe they can keep more devices unlocked.

Actually the bug is not in the iOS app, but somewhere else ouside of the games control. (android is not affected, it's iOS specific)
When the game is low on RAM it disables animations to keep the game playable, they are no longer able to monitor RAM usage on iOS devices for the time being.

So to keep the game working they most likely have to disable animation permanently on certain "older" devices.

So basically there's no way I could, say, free up some RAM and reload the game...the animations are just never going to work again. :/