• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

annoyed

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I hate sets but have two Pilgrims sets for silly CC, relic, and make goods quests.

What burns my biscuits is that normally I see the option to craft 5 relics constantly in the magic academy. But as soon as I actually need it in order to work on a quest with, that particular crafting option has become shy and is in hiding. LOL
I hope the smoke detectors are at least working on your end. The ones at The Anthill™️ burnt out (gave out?) and have been replaced with bags of microwaveable popcorns taped to the ceiling. If we hear popcorn popping, there’s a fire and we have to make a run out of here. Safety first!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I just bragged about Relics but then I have had a big lapse in Pet Food, One step forward, two steps back! :(
That is because the 5 slots in the magic academy are specialized to certain types of crafting. For example, 1 slot is always a building. But his is the only slot buildings appear in, you will never get more than 1 building at a time as a crafting option. A 2nd slot tends to be dominated by time boost instants. Pet food shares the same slot as relics. So you can get the option to craft relics or you can get the option to craft pet food. But you will never get them at the same time.

defiantoneks

Note that if you build the chess pieces and keep them in inventory (or place them), they won't keep coming up. Same is true for other set and evolving buildings in MA - if you craft them and keep them, they won't take up a slot-cycle in MA.
but i have no use for those buildings. so why should i be forced to waste resources to make them go away?

Myne

Oh Wise One
but i have no use for those buildings. so why should i be forced to waste resources to make them go away?

Waste the resources once and you will not ever have to do it again. I do the same thing with some of the evolving buildings that rotate through there.
OHHH but you do! Make those buildings and you are good for your chapter. Wait a chapter or two and those jokers will show up again to block your way. The only way to keep your way open is to craft them and then frag them. Annoying as heck.

Sprite1313

OHHH but you do! Make those buildings and you are good for your chapter. Wait a chapter or two and those jokers will show up again to block your way. The only way to keep your way open is to craft them and then frag them. Annoying as heck.
I can happily say that this has not happened to me, and I am about 10 chapters beyond the level at which most of them are crafted. I don't see chess pieces, or the evolving buildings that I have already crafted, even when the new items rotate in. I suppose it's possible that I am completely unobservant, but since I am always looking for the troop boost buildings, I think I would have noticed. Did you piss off the RNG gods?

Myne

Oh Wise One
I can happily say that this has not happened to me, and I am about 10 chapters beyond the level at which most of them are crafted. I don't see chess pieces, or the evolving buildings that I have already crafted, even when the new items rotate in. I suppose it's possible that I am completely unobservant, but since I am always looking for the troop boost buildings, I think I would have noticed. Did you piss off the RNG gods?
Apparently!!

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Make those buildings and you are good for your chapter.
That only applies if you place the buildings and are looking to upgrade the rewards to current chapter. I have every single evolving building as well as the crafting set bldgs (in other words: all the crafting bldgs the game limits to one bldg per city) either in my city or in my inventory. Early on, I had placed the chess set, but it didn't age well; I didn't need the resources even at chapter level. Same thing happened with the Wise Golem in my 2nd city. In each case, I sold them off and as the bldgs showed up, I crafted them and kept them in my inventory. I will never place them or some of the other bldgs, but I'm keeping them out of the bldg rotation. I've got Orc chapter evolving bldgs in inventory in my Ch18 city.
^^Note I understand the above is hard to do if CC's and SF's are scarce in your city and that my veteran cities are not the norm. Hard to 'waste' those crafting resources on a useless bldg when you're still trying to save a seemingly impossible amount for, say, the Moonstone Library. Also, if you're in need of SF's those useless (to you) bldgs are probably being disenchanted for frags. It's so much easier for me to just keep a useless (to me) bldg I won than for newer cities. And those bldgs are expensive to craft!
This is probably also more applicable to cities who at least lean towards combat. If you don't care about crafting the troop boosting bldgs, there's not much point in trying to get everything else out of there that you can, lol! Even once those bldgs are gone, there's still a gazillion bldgs in there!
Still, with only one slot for bldgs and all the 'single instance' bldgs possible, I'm with @Smooper. I would prioritize getting that Library over crafting useless (to me) bldgs, but as soon as those were done, I'd start knocking out those other ones as I could afford to do them.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Um, no. Once you craft a chess set piece or an evolving building base, it will never show up again, no matter how many chapters you advance, as long as you keep it in your inventory or place it in your city. As soon as you turn one into fragments, it goes back into the crafting pool.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
This is probably also more applicable to cities who at least lean towards combat. If you don't care about crafting the troop boosting bldgs, there's not much point in trying to get everything else out of there that you can, lol! Even once those bldgs are gone, there's still a gazillion bldgs in there!
Catering cities need orcs nests and festival merchants, they have to clear that garbage out too.
The only way to keep your way open is to craft them and then frag them.
The minute you frag them they go back into the MA rotation. Craft them at let them sit in your inventory to rot.

Myne

Oh Wise One
1682797138289.png
Those of you who think they EVER go away...rethink that.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Catering cities need orcs nests and festival merchants, they have to clear that garbage out too.

The minute you frag them they go back into the MA rotation. Craft them at let them sit in your inventory to rot.
Yep, I misspoke. I missed you @Iyapo

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
View attachment 15543Those of you who think they EVER go away...rethink that.
The buildings that we are only allowed one of do go away. Craft them and keep them in storage. You will never see them again in the MA crafting tab.

I would LOVE it if the buildings that we were only allowed one of, I could simply keep in inventory and keep crafting new ones. I'd have a ton of sets or evolving buildings that way.