• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Answered: Better Time Management for End of Event Quests

Hi, first time poster! So, I've been grinding like a bat outta heck for the Ashen Phoenix event, and would have been able to get one more upgrade -- except I got given a new quest to make multiple Baskets of Groceries, a 9 hour task each, with only 5 hours left on the event. Which means unless I have a bunch of time instants (I don't, used them all up on the LAST quest*) or diamonds (ditto*) I literally can't do the final quest.

Suggestion: We need better time management of the quests given towards the end of Events. So, if a quest requires you to produce goods, the amount of time you have to spend (without boosts) cannot be longer than the amount of time left in the Event. It's super frustrating to get notifications urging us to put in a last minute effort, then to be given quests we can't possibly do without extras we cannot get in the time allotted.

*and before you ask, yes I did exhaust all other options** for winning or crafting time boosts and diamonds lol.
**I'm not counting buying diamonds as an option, since the game is supposed to be free-to-play.

CrusaderMichael

Sure, I get that, but they could maybe set it up so that the lower time-limit quests come up in the last 48 hours.

i'm relatively new to this game... 3 months or so... i learned from the previous event you have to basically keep a stride going the entire event... plan slightly to hit certain quests during spire or tourney... makes it a lot easier... less time instants etc needed.

You seem interested in it... so knowing how you fell short this time, i bet next time you do well. (I finished BTW but did NOT get enough feathers for the final evolution... i'll have to get that during the next FA)

I know they don't need to change it because so many people finish them all without time instants. They want it to be a challenge. Seems good now.

Mainly you just have to log in enough to finish them... and look at the elven gems or whatever list of all quests... helps for planning.

elvengems.com/phoenix-2021/quests

above link in this case... in case you don't know.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Sure, I get that, but they could maybe set it up so that the lower time-limit quests come up in the last 48 hours.
As @CrusaderMichael said it can help to know the quests in advance. If you got a quest for several baskets of groceries you are likely more than 48h behind, more like 10-14 days.
If it helps, I generally have the quest list for the current or next event in my signature

DeletedUser20010

First of all, Welcome! I "ditto" what the others said, and add to it, you can always build little mini workshops and manufactories to help with the builds. If you only have 5 workshops, and they want 8 baskets of groceries, then throw up 3 temporary level one workshops. Will save you 9 hours.

Mainly you just have to log in enough to finish them... and look at the elven gems or whatever list of all quests... helps for planning.

elvengems.com/phoenix-2021/quests

above link in this case... in case you don't know.

Except that was not the daily task assigned for today, you just happened to get to that one on the last day. Inno cannot completely control how fast or slow people play the events.

As @CrusaderMichael said it can help to know the quests in advance. If you got a quest for several baskets of groceries you are likely more than 48h behind, more like 10-14 days.
If it helps, I generally have the quest list for the current or next event in my signature

OMG, now I get what happened! @Enevhar Aldarion according to Elven Gems I actually did make it all the way through the quest list, then I got daily quests #1 & 2 AGAIN on the last day. O.O I was so confused with all of you assuming I hadn't "kept up" because how would I have gotten almost all of the upgrades if I was 2 whole weeks behind?? Plus I've been averaging 3-4 quests finished per day so I was feeling like man, how many is everyone else doing?:eek:

So I guess now my question now is, is this normal? If you finish the round do they take you back to the beginning? Or did I get a glitch I should contact support about?

PS- Thanks for the encouragement @CrusaderMichael ...I actually did finish the event last time and got SO CLOSE this time, which is why I was so disappointed lol.

Last edited:
First of all, Welcome! I "ditto" what the others said, and add to it, you can always build little mini workshops and manufactories to help with the builds. If you only have 5 workshops, and they want 8 baskets of groceries, then throw up 3 temporary level one workshops. Will save you 9 hours.

Thank you! I actually think I figured it out...got all the way through the quest list and got given the first two dailies again on the last day. (Also I'm a big workshopper, lol...it wasn't the amount of baskets, it was the time each one took that got me.)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Illyrea Estariel Elven Gems breaks the quests down into two separate lists, instead of just running them all as one set. In all the events since last year's Phoenix event, there is one batch of quests that can be done one after the other, and you can even get them all done on the first day, if you prepare and are willing to use resources to do them quickly. And then there is a second set of quests that become available one per day over the length of the event. So on Elven Gems, you are seeing that first batch of 53 quests, and then a separate list of 22 quests, which are the one-a-day quests. That makes a total of 75 quests for this event, and it sounds like you completed all of the first batch and a couple of the dailies, so you were on 55 out of 75 when the event ended.

@Enevhar Aldarion But looking at their event list I think I did all of the dailies? And all of the first batch? Like I got through 22 on the Dailies and 53 on the first list, and then AFTER 53 I got 1 & 2 on the daily list for the second time. So that's why I was asking for them to retire those types of quests in the last few days...because they were no problem at the beginning of the event, but at the end of the event they stymied me.

Last edited:
@Illyrea Estariel as far as I know it shouldn’t have repeated the daily quests. There are some that are very similar though. If you think the quests repeated after you finished all 75 quests then I suggest that you put in a support ticket to have them review it.

Oh okay thank you! I've been having some weird glitches in other places, so maybe I will contact support. And yeah, they were definitely these two dailies
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 9.19.01 PM.png

one right after the other right after I'd finished this one from the regular list
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 9.19.16 PM.png

and this one from the daily list
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 9.09.25 PM.png

Thank you for your help everyone! :) I think I figured out what happened...it's not a problem with the game as a whole, it's a glitch I'm gonna bring up to support.

NightshadeCS

Maybe this got cleared up somewhere else, but I don't think it was a glitch. You cannot start the daily quests until you finish the first 53 sequential quests. For example, once I finished the first 53 quests, somewhere in the middle of the event timeline, I had all of the daily quests stacked up from the days I was working on those first 53. So then I could blow through a dozen or more daily quests until I caught up with the quest for the day I was on. At that point, you would get one quest unlocked every day.

Aritra

I like to think of it as simply 75 quests and the last 22 unlock one a day beginning from the first day.
When I print out the list, next to the daily list numbering, I continue the sequence numbering from the previous list (instead of 52,53,1,2,3...22 it is really 52,53,54,55...75). I really wish they'd change the double list presentation because we have this misunderstanding every single time when it seems like it should be so easy to present the information with less room for misunderstanding. *shrug*
(note: that unlock "22" number changes depending on the actual length of the particular event, they vary a bit)
When you catch up, it all comes to a screeching halt and it is one a day (which started on quest 57 for me this time--it's become a game to see how quickly I can get quest-locked, haha).