• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Any obsessives out there track FA badges?

satchmo33

(writin' a book here.....) my name is Satchmo because I luuurrrvvve the blues: Armstrong, Holliday, etc. Have had a bunch of black cats in my life named Satchmo, Basie, Billie, Hendrix, Aretha, and a white one named Boz

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@crackie:
Thank YOU, too, for your time/effort in writing your response. SUPER helpful.
And.....you're hilarious!! I bet if we ever got together we'd have lively debates and fall on the floor and roll around laughing at each other!
A debate? *clutches pearls* That would never happen because I am never wrong!*

* Except in the eyes of the Community Manager of Tonga.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
This works if youre the AM @ajqtrz but @satchmo33 said it wasnt his fellowship, just the one he was in. So i would like to offer e simpler approach.

Monitor the fellowships that meet your goals, all the canine ones as @ajqtrz would put it. When an opening arises, make a friendly message to the archmage, tell them what your ambition is and bark a little so they recognise you as a dog. But be humble, they allready have an Alpha!

You are right that he doesn't say he's the AM. But he doesn't say he isn't, either. My assumption is that his desire .. to rally his fs was coming from a place of leadership...and a mage can lead about as well as an AM if he/she has the AM's support and agreement. I've been in places were I called the shots and wasn't the leader but because I had the time, the inclination, and the desire to see things go in a better direction the leader let me do it with her full support. In any case, the advice was, I felt, requested. "Any advice?" is a pretty clear request. And if I missed that the OP wasn't the AM, I think it was an understandable mistake.

@lyapo1

I'm sorry if you found something offensive in my post. If it was that it addressed the request for advice when the OP wasn't an AM (if that is the case, which I assume as others have pointed it out), then read above. If it's because I compared players to cats and dogs...figuratively anyway, did I miss the actual division between cats and dogs? Aren't cats more "who cares" and dogs more "eager to serve?" I've never seen a cat heard sheep, bring me my paper, and watch my home for burglars, but I have seen cats ignore me. As a cat lover and really a cat person (I would never own a dog), I can't be accused of hating cats, that's for sure. I have Sophie's picture on my phone screen (and not my wife, even! LOL) Other than that, if these things aren't what offended you, perhaps you could clarify what did?

Finally, to keep this short, I might suggest that if what I say does offend you, take a step back and put the "best face" on it. It may have just been poor word choice and/or something many others don't see as offensive. Just a suggestion.

AJ

Swordkin

My apologies @satchmo33 i have a tendency to assume gamers genders as male, even if there is pictures of women in dresses. i spent alot of my time in WoW, and there about 95% of female characters were male players. So im damaged sorry..