• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

April InnoTV Episode

DeletedUser43

In the April youtube video, they have announced that tournaments are coming. See link above.

Boy oh boy is there a big problem with this concept! Your bonuses will depend on how well your neighbors do in the tournaments!

Who has active neighbors around here? NOT ME. And I have discovered 268 of them. Talk about unfair! If someone happens to be in the "right" spot on the map to have a bunch of active neighbors they will have much more rewards than people who are stuck in the "wrong" spot on the map.

Why bring in a feature that is dependent on the one part of the game that is the most broken?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser594

I saw the title, got excited- then figured "April's Fools" and didn't even click for a bit. Cool- it stinks you're not in an "active" hood but at least that's just for bonuses. It's nice to see a wholly new avenue open up to explore. Fairies weren't going to hold my attention for long.

DeletedUser1122

Why bring in a feature that is dependent on the one part of the game that is the most broken?
Uh? Duh? could it be..aimed at the most senior players? I think that MIA neighbours are common for all players that has been here awhile. I'm only at 189 provinces so I have 5 active neighbours.
Well at least it's not mandatory and you don't have to build something that's 5x5 called a battle arena.
It is consistent with the concept of the beta 1 beta 2 implementation by inserting it into chapter 2. The game isn't developing, it is the concept that is being developed, the gears of how the game works keeps getting modified.
Getting so tired of this game.

DeletedUser61

• If you and/or your neighbors acquire TEN of the designated Relic Sectors, you'll all get one additional relic. No big deal.
  • The TWO Relic per acquired Tournament Sector is nice, but not huge.
  • The TWO Knowledge Points per Tournament Sector is a VERY big deal.
    Among other things, it will make the Ancient Wonders minigame far more tactical.
    For advanced players, at 2 KPs per sector that's 2 extra days of Knowledge Points, per week.
As Muf-Muf indicated in
We are working on a solution to distribute new players in another way, so that it's a lot more likely to get new neighbours, even if you're at "the edge of the world". Can we offer this soon? I sincerely hope so, but as of yet I cannot give a date.
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...lains-about-customer-service.4562/#post-32085
tidying up the neighborhoods is on the current agenda.

DeletedUser627

Katwijk, can you read???? We don't have any frickin' active neighbors!!!!!

And "tidying up neighborhoods" and "distribute new players"??? We all know that's useless. The new players quit - we just end up with dead cities. That's better than no neighbors...but useless in a Tournament that's based around collaboration.

DeletedUser61

useless in a Tournament that's based around collaboration
You're greatly overestimating the importance of neighbors. Each gung ho Chapter VII neighbor is worth 10% more Relics. That's pretty small change.
  • All by yourself, if you simply revisit a portion of the 130 sectors that you used to gate Chapter VII, you can get 130/9 * 2 = 29 Relics.
  • Each of the 14 Tournament Relic sectors will generate 20 Tournament Points so 130/9 * 20 = 289 Tournament points,
    so that's THREE more Checkpoint Relics.
  • Each of your neighbors who acquires a like number of sectors will likewise provide THREE Checkpoint Relics to each participant.
  • If you and a neighbor BOTH earn 29 Relics on your own, you'll both get 3+3=6 Checkpoint Relics, for a total of 35 Relics apiece.

DeletedUser188

I think it is amazing how you can glean all this info from the 1 minute 30 seconds of video they provide
Where did you get your numbers from
I watched the part about Elvenar over 10 times and still don't hear any of these figures
You did hear the part about there being only one tournament a week and it only lasts a couple of days
This feature hasn't even been released yet on beta so having a discussion about how this will effect gameplay is premature
I will save my opinion of tournaments good/bad until it is released

DeletedUser1122

tidying up the neighborhoods is on the current agenda.
The tidying scope:
1. players on the edge of the game map
2. advanced players that have quit
3. beginner players that have quit (easy)
4. players that have quit and are in a fellowship
5. Players that have quit while upgrading their main hall
When I visit my 190 discovered neighbours I always hit their builder. What amazed me was the number of inactive players that were in a fellowship.
I have 5 active neighbors that we buff. I have 4 new players that have not quit yet. There are some players that are active occasionally.

In regards to the tournament what benefit would a new player as a neighbour be?

DeletedUser61

In regards to the tournament what benefit would a new player as a neighbour be?
From what I can tell, everybody who completes a sector, which you've also completed, will advance the checkpoint bar.

Chapter VII players may do a dozen sectors, and contribute 200 points, while a noob may only complete 1 sector and contribute 20 points, but they'll both make the pile higher.

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please leave your feedback on our newest episode of InnoGames TV in this topic!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

-----

I'm a victim of a thread merge gone wrong... but please continue to leave your feedback anyway :oops:

Last edited:

DeletedUser1122

Can't wait until it is added to the Wiki. Ollie looked worn down and out.

DeletedUser

I just realized that the Province Tournaments don't give Rune Shards. I thought this would be their solution to the fact that it will be nearly impossible to get fairy runes unless you break dozens of shards building AW and tearing them down. Since scouting takes FOREVER once you get to Ch. VII (and even longer by the time you finish it.) Huh. So much for that idea.

DeletedUser

But, of course, those opportunities are EXTREMELY limited. Especially since the number of people who continue playing through fairies and accomplish the rune circle will be extremely small, so the competition will be fierce. I'd rather just have the shards, even if they're distributed randomly with the 1/6 chance.

DeletedUser1122

I'd rather just have the shards, even if they're distributed randomly with the 1/6 chance.
One in six looks real good to me.

upload_2016-4-4_23-47-34.png

Shortcomings of analyses
This simple analyses's results are overly optimistic.
A proper analyses would involve stats and probability.
Assumptions.
You can get an unlimited number of broken rune shards
You can get the same shard every time.
The first rune shard you get for a wheel cannot break
Completed Broken Shards bars can be used as a Rune in any Ancient Wonder.

DeletedUser61

thought this would be their solution to the fact that it will be nearly impossible to get fairy runes unless you break dozens of shards building AW and tearing them down.
I just saw this in my Beta city. I don't know if we have it yet in Production, but Quests are now an additional source for Rune Shards.
It was probably triggered when I completed the Fairy Residence tech and/or upgraded a residence.

ShardQuest.png

DeletedUser1122

Is it a repeatable quest (1 of 46 quests) or a once only story-line quests?