• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Architect improvement

neeronie

It would be very helpful, if after you rearranged your city on the Architect if that plan could be transferred to the city. Architect is great and I use it yet,it still still difficult to implement the changes unless you take it one step at a time.

DeletedUser16929

It would be very helpful, if after you rearranged your city on the Architect if that plan could be transferred to the city. Architect is great and I use it yet,it still still difficult to implement the changes unless you take it one step at a time.
yes, now you are on to something great here, excellent idea! ;)

Socrates28

Elven architect and Elven stats websites are independent from Inno. Inno has no control of them or of the fans who made them.
Even if we are to put this very valid idea aside by assuming it could be negotiated in some way, you are overlooking the secondary importance of the architect, which addresses the very point you are speaking to, Part 1 is knowing what goal you want to achieve, and just as important is Part 2: how do I get there!
A final design of a city (or building, or anything else) is useless until you have the strategy mapped out on how to achieve that goal. It is like saying I want to go the Chicago and not knowing in what direction you need to drive to get there.
The architect should be used to map out the interim steps (upgrade size change and roads needed) to get there. It prevents moving and upgrading yourself into a box and having to either delete buildings or buy expansions to get out of it. If you use the tool correctly it will show you how to get where you want to go as well as what it will take to get there.
One additional odd point is that in the architect you are planning for upgraded buildings and INNO is not going to let us just import the final form without going through all the research, upgrades times, and resource expense.

DeletedUser

sounds like it would be a good time to start working together and networking

That would require InnoGames to work with outside entities (the owners/designers of Elven Architect and Elvenstats), and pay them either for their services, or for their creations. Then those creations would have to be adapted to work interactively with Elvenar. While it might sound like a "good idea", I don't see it happening.

DeletedUser18011

I'm thinking that part of the 'fun' of Elvenar is struggling with the positioning/moving of buildings and the planning that goes with it. Since the moving of buildings is free I don't have a problem with that. It's annoying sometimes that you can't upgrade even though you have the space because the building has to be sitting next to a road to upgrade it - it would be nice if that wasn't the case.

Socrates28

I'm thinking that part of the 'fun' of Elvenar is struggling with the positioning/moving of buildings and the planning that goes with it. Since the moving of buildings is free I don't have a problem with that. It's annoying sometimes that you can't upgrade even though you have the space because the building has to be sitting next to a road to upgrade it - it would be nice if that wasn't the case.
Have you considered that you may move a residence off a road connection and use that space for your building upgrade that requires it?
You will not lose any population but you will not be able to collect "rent" coin from it while disconnected. If you do not really need the coin rent this can be a longish solution to your road connection problem.
You might also consider the free paths in the building menu to get it to touch 1 square and connect it to your other roads that way.

Palavyn

Inno has a reconstruction mode for Forge of Empires. You can store multiple buildings in storage. It appears to be even easier than using Architect (see the video). Have they said they aren't going to do that for Elvenar?

DeletedUser

You can store multiple buildings in storage.

Only while using Reconstruction Mode; nothing goes back into your inventory. Exit Reconstruction Mode and everything goes right back where it was in your city originally. You can't take items out of your inventory while in Reconstruction Mode, and you can't purchase items either.

It appears to be even easier than using Architect

Perhaps in theory, but Elven Architect doesn't require you to do anything in your physical city, and it isn't "occasionally buggy", causing your game to crash. ;)

Have they said they aren't going to do that for Elvenar?

I think repeatedly stating that the challenge of rearranging our cities is an intended part of the game pretty much establishes that they are not.

That may change in the future, though, since we may have Chapter 15 soon, and that may push the boundaries a bit. Then again, storage has been asked for since before I started playing Elvenar over two years ago, so...I wouldn't hold my breath. :p:D

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Folks there is a very good reason why you cannot do this. You will have disconnected buildings and have no idea how to fix it