• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Kind of like a slot machine?
@Jackluyt posted a video on p. 5 of this thread showing how the new event window works in beta. It's worth watching and definitely reminds me of a slot machine...if it even comes to live the way it is now...no way to know, since they are definitely not following their usual pattern in the past of release to beta; release live a week later...

DeletedUser5800

Not a chance I'm spending if I don't know if I will get the prizes I always felt I was making sure I got even if it was buying them.
You will still be able to buy them. LOL
As far as I can tell it may take a little more buying... or maybe a little less depending on luck, there is just more left to luck which is a bummer... unless of course you have really good luck and then whoever that is will be in here praising it as awesome.
I haven't seen any hard numbers but my theory is that much like a slot machine there will be a few that 'win' here and there and love it, a few that lose hard and hate it, and the majority that lose just a little more than they win and then need to buy a bit of insurance on the set.
I doubt it makes a lot of difference to people that already do that, it just encourages another handful to join them. ;) ;)

Arayla

there is just more left to luck which is a bummer... unless of course you have really good luck and then whoever that is will be in here praising it as awesome.
I play on Beta and OMG, this event is Awesome!!! I've won every building so far! ROFL;););)

Not really! Have won a few and missed others. So far my luck seems about the same as in past events.

DeletedUser5800

Not really! Have won a few and missed others. So far my luck seems about the same as in past events.
My guess is that's how it will feel for pretty much everyone, but that were we to have the numbers we would find it skews just a little further towards bad luck... I keep waiting on @SoggyShorts to do some math or run a sim or something to prove it. :p

hvariidh gwendrot

not being able to plan long builds and such and total chance on winning prizes vs a do this win that format is not going to be a welcome change.. and i'm not beta but i know players that will not be able to finish these events without being able to plan .. real world things and all .. lets hope enough beta folks feel the same way because honestly how many players have the time to finish without the helper list

Arayla

lets hope enough beta folks feel the same way because honestly how many players have the time to finish without the helper list
So far, there isn't anything for us beta folks to complain about difficulty wise. The one quest line that we have provides a single daily quest, and each one has been incredibly easy (Chapter 11 player being asked to gain about 250 marble for example). We don't really know what will change when it arrives on live, but right now there is nothing for us to validate with the difficulty.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I keep waiting on @SoggyShorts to do some math or run a sim or something to prove it. :p
LoL maybe not this time. Even if you figure out which chests are best for your goals, only having 3 of 9 randomly available makes comparing to the old format pretty hard. Also, no one knows how many quests or tickets per quest we will get on live.

I suppose you could rank the chests in order from Best for daily prize to Worst for daily, and just open whatever is available, but with 8 different prices for the chests and some having a chance at free tickets, it's just too much effort for me. I think you may have better luck with @Pheryll or @elvenstats :)

DeletedUser5800

LoL maybe not this time. Even if you figure out which chests are best for your goals, only having 3 of 9 randomly available makes comparing to the old format pretty hard.
I think that's where they did something brilliant, it will be just off enough to ease it further towards them but not enough to put forth the effort to prove it! Conspiracy I say! :D

DeletedUser6892

Found out first in Gems of Knowledge that the BETA vs of summer event had started there which usually meant about a week later for live servers... prob not this time, though, as I revisited the site later only to find what I finally rec'd a notification in game from Elvenar re: FSA to start on June 25. As I rechecked site it now said FSA to start June 25 with no real updated maps or which items will be required except believe they thought it may be similar to March FSA, which was a bit different than the one in May.
Also added that summer event 'Woodelvenstock' would most likely NOT be starting as usually thought about a week after the beta version started; but since that would have made the date same as start date for FSA my personal guess is that it will start AFTER the FSA, however long that is (a week give or take?) Have been getting lagged, server errored, told 'cannot process updates' - (was trying to play at the times it happened), crashes, chat -- no chat, after things seemed to be doing better.
Again, no notification for any updates, including one on Thu June 20 & supposedly was just kicked off just a little while ago for same reason; after many other issues kept me from playing all day today. THe only notification i have rec'd recently was the one re: FSA on Monday June 25.

As far as having things being 'made' to slow us down; trying to fit residences & amount of bldgs needed for Orc chapter has been taking it's time; BUT have used the various events & what littles space I have to spare for a few temp bldgs to do said events .. to keep me busy while I slowly work away at the Orc chapter.. not rushing has been rather relaxing until issues preventing game play & not recieving notifications about anything lately! It is hard to plan in advance for any event w/out a list or the start of a list before event starts!
Would also like to add 1 more thing for now... I like what looks like some interesting changes to the summer Event! Am looking forward to see how it works & now when playing an event i hope to get all the way thru; but take it as able just to get whatever rewards I can & I have fun w/collecting whatever items needed and trading them in; tickets for goo & other fun prizes! LOL :p
FSA's w/out chat working fully & chat being only way to communicate w/mobile members is just bad planning sorry for saying so but has very much affected both of my groups in general!
Oh and w/doubles days in event I was able to get all 3 grand prizes in last 2 events in at least one of my 2 towns! And that is w/missing days due to Real Life; and not much room at times for temp bldgs! Which is how my towns are at this point, trouble just upgrading residences, lol, but decided slow and relaxing is a lot more fun than rushing thru every thing Elvenar throws at us to do!
Still luv game & except for a few frustrations having much fun and so wish all well lots of fun and keep smilin! :) k4k

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The Adventure is confirmed on the Nederlands server - but no details are given of which format it will follow!!

https://nl.forum.elvenar.com/index.php…

36064042_10211953987985684_7362389353475080192_n.jpg

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
HERE IS A REPLY FROM SUPPORT, TO OUR QUERY AS TO WHICH FORMAT THE EVENT WILL TAKE.

35972415_10211954432956808_1792213818814758912_n.jpg

<< Thank you for contacting support.

<< Yes, there will be a Fellowship Adventure starting next week as we sent out in the in game news, and since we have previously tested different versions of FA's on Beta there is no need to test them again before releasing them to live. Please keep in mind that only untested events need to run on Beta first so FA's should not need 'pre-release' again. Since FA's will now come directly to live, we do not intend to release the version which will run prior to the event.

<< As for the event that is currently being tested on Beta, we have no confirmation of a release date for live. As there are new mechanics involved that need thoroughly tested, it could be weeks before we receive it. We will send out news when we can confirm a start time.

<< Kind regards,
<< Community Manager >>

It appears that they do not want to advertise the formats in advance - the format of the Event in Beta also does not allow one to pre-view all the quests by buying one's way through with Diamonds.

Perhaps this is a deliberate change, in response to the flood of cheat sheets that appear early in every Event?

Status
Not open for further replies.