• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
This is the simple-format F A that ran early in May.

https://bit.ly/2tx6FXo

35972906_10211954552839805_5335844184869830656_n.jpg

There is no guarantee that this will be the format of Monday's event - but it is the most likely one.
For your information - but do not shoot me if it turns out to be different!
:)

I will modify this note on Monday once the event appears!
J

Pheryll

Set Designer
Below is a table for the 9 chest rewards and their adjusted probability taking ticket gains into consideration. The chests have a value next to them in parenthesis to identify it by the displayed in game cost for purchasing it.

ChestsTickets per GooTickets per DailyTickets per Bonus 1Tickets per Bonus 2Tickets per Bonus 3

[TR1][TD]Wooden (53)[/TD][TD]13.25[/TD][TD]212[/TD][TD]76.667 per hr boost[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]106 per MM spell[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Valuable (coin) (57)[/TD][TD]3.857[/TD][TD]270[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]18 per % coin[/TD][TD]45 per PP spell[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Valuable (supply) (57)[/TD][TD]3.857[/TD][TD]270[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]18 per % supply[/TD][TD]45 per PP spell[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Mysterious (small) (83)[/TD][TD]3.583[/TD][TD]322.5[/TD][TD]9.923 per hr boost[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]-[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Mysterious (large) (95)[/TD][TD]9.5[/TD][TD]535.897[/TD][TD]25.120 per hr boost[/TD][TD]16.077 per % supply[/TD][TD]13.571 per AW KP[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Charming (small) (68)[/TD][TD]2.875[/TD][TD]230[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]7.667 per % coin[/TD][TD]-[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Charming (large) (85)[/TD][TD]10.625[/TD][TD]425[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]17 per % coin[/TD][TD]11.333 per AW KP[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Magical (small) (123)[/TD][TD]5.7[/TD][TD]855[/TD][TD]8.55 per hr boost[/TD][TD]142.5 per rune shard[/TD][TD]85.5 per MM spell[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Magical (large) (140)[/TD][TD]15.556[/TD][TD]466.667[/TD][TD]25 per hr boost[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]10.769 per AW KP[/TD][/TR1]

EDIT: Table should be exact now. I will be looking when this goes live to see if any numbers have changed.

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
ChestsTickets per GooTickets per DailyTickets per Bonus 1Tickets per Bonus 2Tickets per Bonus 3

[TR1][TD]Wooden[/TD][TD]13.25[/TD][TD]212[/TD][TD]76.6677 per hr boost[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]106 per MM spell[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Valuable (coin)[/TD][TD]3.857[/TD][TD]270[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]18 per % coin[/TD][TD]45 per PP spell[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Valuable (supply)[/TD][TD]3.857[/TD][TD]270[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]18 per % supply[/TD][TD]45 per PP spell[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Mysterious (small)[/TD][TD]3.583[/TD][TD]322.5[/TD][TD]9.923 per hr boost[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]-[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Mysterious (large)[/TD][TD]9.5[/TD][TD]535.897[/TD][TD]25.120 per hr boost[/TD][TD]16.077 per % supply[/TD][TD]13.571 per AW KP[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Charming (small)[/TD][TD]2.875[/TD][TD]230[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]7.667 per % coin[/TD][TD]-[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Charming (large)[/TD][TD]10.625[/TD][TD]425[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]17 per % coin[/TD][TD]11.333 per AW KP[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Magical (small)[/TD][TD]5.7[/TD][TD]855[/TD][TD]8.55 per hr boost[/TD][TD]142.5 per rune shard[/TD][TD]85.5 per MM spell[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Magical (large)[/TD][TD]15.556[/TD][TD]466.667[/TD][TD]425 per hr boost[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]10.769 per AW KP[/TD][/TR1]

May I use this in the EPL Note, please?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Is this their way of saying that they are keeping the FA as it is & will not be fixing it to make it into something that everyone wants to do? (excessive clicking/decent prizes that are comparable to the demands)
Player1: "The quest cycling is terrible!"
Player2: "We need to see our FS badges."
Player3: "Working chat would really help the FA"
Player4: "There should be an easy way to see who has contributed to a stage."

Inno: "Sounds like we nailed it, no need to improve on perfection, eh boys? Launch it"

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB

DeletedUser6892

HERE IS A REPLY FROM SUPPORT, TO OUR QUERY AS TO WHICH FORMAT THE EVENT WILL TAKE.

35972415_10211954432956808_1792213818814758912_n.jpg

<< Thank you for contacting support.

<< Yes, there will be a Fellowship Adventure starting next week as we sent out in the in game news, and since we have previously tested different versions of FA's on Beta there is no need to test them again before releasing them to live. Please keep in mind that only untested events need to run on Beta first so FA's should not need 'pre-release' again. Since FA's will now come directly to live, we do not intend to release the version which will run prior to the event.

<< As for the event that is currently being tested on Beta, we have no confirmation of a release date for live. As there are new mechanics involved that need thoroughly tested, it could be weeks before we receive it. We will send out news when we can confirm a start time.

<< Kind regards,
<< Community Manager >>

HERE IS A REPLY FROM SUPPORT, TO OUR QUERY AS TO WHICH FORMAT THE EVENT WILL TAKE.

35972415_10211954432956808_1792213818814758912_n.jpg

<< Thank you for contacting support.

<< Yes, there will be a Fellowship Adventure starting next week as we sent out in the in game news, and since we have previously tested different versions of FA's on Beta there is no need to test them again before releasing them to live. Please keep in mind that only untested events need to run on Beta first so FA's should not need 'pre-release' again. Since FA's will now come directly to live, we do not intend to release the version which will run prior to the event.

<< As for the event that is currently being tested on Beta, we have no confirmation of a release date for live. As there are new mechanics involved that need thoroughly tested, it could be weeks before we receive it. We will send out news when we can confirm a start time.

<< Kind regards,
<< Community Manager >>

It appears that they do not want to advertise the formats in advance - the format of the Event in Beta also does not allow one to pre-view all the quests by buying one's way through with Diamonds.

Perhaps this is a deliberate change, in response to the flood of cheat sheets that appear early in every Event?

They call a preview a day in advance or day of start on live server 'cheat sheets'? We are not cheaters!!!! Without advance of at least some quests & the FSA items needed (in extremely large amounts by stage 3), found out FSA was same as 'version one' so helped some plus info in a helpsite, don't consider these cheats as difficulty levels can be quite high & if do quest by quest--most quests as one progresses thru any event get more difficult &/or take longer; so if take quests one at a time as they come; although haven't crunched any numbers, lol; believe it would make events at least for some of us impossible to finish ... what fun is that? Even with quest lists, FSA item lists for stages/paths, spreadsheets too help take away some of the tedium much thanks to those members who took time to do for helping all of us players .... it still takes thought, figuring what to set first, timing, logic, and more ... WITH the help lists! & still don't often get all rewards or finish events no matter what! How is this cheating? If they don't want us to do this in advance, then they should make quests reasonable, w/ability to finish or close ... prizes still not worth effort if this is something Inno has done, sorry but they aren't 'CHEAT SHEETS' have never seen a 'flood' of them for any event; I call them Help lists/with tips/info and more to benefit all players who are up to trying the event have room for temp bldgs needed & worth time away from regular quest and game tech to do with rewards worth earning. Hope this is not happening if so am done w/events, like to have some kind of chance to finish, & can't even finish w/help lists! Rarely! and sorry to say since really have had fun doing (my first i was like a little kid collecting crystals in a winter quest event ... even earned 1 grand prize bldg. all new to me then & quite the noob but had a blast--no way I could finish tho, couldn't even do many of quests at the time). I want to play with ability & possibility of finishing/earning rewards/having fun doing it/ not into doing what is impossible. Lists give many players at least a chance. Hope I am misunderstanding what Inno is doing. BUt haven't found much info on the upcoming summer event; orcs chapter has my towns packed barely managing much for FSA items; & so if true, why bother? I'll just stick w/playing the game w/research tree working with my groups, and keeping the fun in the game skipping the tedious, hard to research at times, plus get info for all members, and do just what is the main part of game. So many changes for better and then they take away something big... hope am wrong, will check back, came in happy leaving much frustrated, damn ... sorry, darnit- luv this game & people - friends, teamwork, the good stuff. Has anyone (like techs or bosses or Inno people actually tried this stuff w/out help even though they probably already know about the upcoming event? I recently started over in new world not going to join FS at least for a while, looking at beginning again with new eyes. Wanted to do summer event here and am doing manual battles; never did first time around. THey should try something like this before taking things that help our game away from us... I am not a cheater, use lists as help/info/and tips for play! Don't appreciate this at all. sorry, trying to keep smilin thru frustration and do wish a great weekend to all. k4k We are NOT cheaters, & should not be made to feel as if have been cheating for getting help & tips for any part of game if this is their thinking... takes a lot to mess up my positive but got it cuz it is a positive thing to know am not cheating with use of help lists, as other players are also not cheaters. Just finding ways of helping us with our game this is a positive & Inno should not think otherwise! Thank you Jack, I know you get your info honestly too as have used your FB site to get help in many areas of game! Always appreciate the help, too!

Pheryll

Set Designer
If they don't want us to do this in advance, then they should make quests reasonable, w/ability to finish or close ... prizes still not worth effort if this is something Inno has done, sorry but they aren't 'CHEAT SHEETS' have never seen a 'flood' of them for any event

Trying to straighten out this post. The Elvenar Staff did not call this information "cheat sheets" or mention the Beta quest lines being distributed. This statement was made by what @Jackluyt surmised, so his verbiage may not be what the Elvenar staff would say. @Jackluyt is drawing attention to what is not said. We may get the quest line for the upcoming event run through Beta; we also may not. We may get the event announcement the day of; we may get it significantly earlier. Support is ambiguous and draws attention to the fact that many of the patterns we relied on in the past may no longer be applicable.

As to the event guides, it is likely that people will still spend diamonds to outpace the rest, complete the event and publish the guide- it is just that the information will be a week delayed if Beta does not test the event.

DeletedUser6892

Trying to straighten out this post. The Elvenar Staff did not call this information "cheat sheets" or mention the Beta quest lines being distributed. This statement was made by what @Jackluyt surmised, so his verbiage may not be what the Elvenar staff would say. @Jackluyt is drawing attention to what is not said. We may get the quest line for the upcoming event run through Beta; we also may not. We may get the event announcement the day of; we may get it significantly earlier. Support is ambiguous and draws attention to the fact that many of the patterns we relied on in the past may no longer be applicable.

As to the event guides, it is likely that people will still spend diamonds to outpace the rest, complete the event and publish the guide- it is just that the information will be a week delayed if Beta does not test the event.
Thank you, I think i realized this as Jack actually thinking this might be what Inno/Elvenar is doing. After notifications stopped showing up in game, then coming to forum looking for info in the usual places & having a hard time finding info that used to be much easier to find, well I was already thinking that our event and game helps seemed to be disappearing but guess not quite as far as taken away because the help lists are like cheating; but when I read the note from Inno & how it seemed Jack's conclusions may not be too far off; i was quite frustrated. Have really been working on getting a good easy orgnized system for the various needs of my FS's in the game because all this looking thru so much info to find answers and copy/paste into msging not formatting; chat not working but starts mobile app, well, I believe we all have seen things. Many are great but the tedious quests, getting guidded to play certain ways not necessarily info just fromother players but from the game itself .. this is where I come to have fun, unwind relax yet be challenged enough. but not so much it's harder to do than my budget! lol
Also, I agree many will still spend diamond to 'WIN' at all costs.. just joking, that's how some play the game. BUT then there are many who can't afford to buy diamonds or only very sparingly or special occassions at most! I like playing to have fun, belong to second group when comes to diamond & don't push rank compared toother players .. though is fun and interesting .. I play for myself and my group & then look and wow look my score is over 100K all of a sudden when did that happen? :) If patterns and other things are changing I wish they would find a way to notify us better. The outlines of weekly fix updates is about all we seem to get, don't have time to study and read so much info in forum and other sites, tho have found great info in many of these .. have my faves.. just would like some advance notice of said changes reguardless what they pertain to so I & FS can adjust accordingly.

Appreciate your post cleared my head up and the frustration too a bit more! :confused::) k4k

DeletedUser6892

Tried editing my previous post; sounded a bit off. Just disappeared 1/2 done! Hope it makes sense. Appreciate reply though seems some unwelcome changes may be coming or in some cases already done. Guess we will see as they happen!
Have a great day! :) k4k

Avalon MoonStar

Found out first in Gems of Knowledge that the BETA vs of summer event had started there which usually meant about a week later for live servers... prob not this time, though, as I revisited the site later only to find what I finally rec'd a notification in game from Elvenar re: FSA to start on June 25. As I rechecked site it now said FSA to start June 25 with no real updated maps or which items will be required except believe they thought it may be similar to March FSA, which was a bit different than the one in May.
Also added that summer event 'Woodelvenstock' would most likely NOT be starting as usually thought about a week after the beta version started; but since that would have made the date same as start date for FSA my personal guess is that it will start AFTER the FSA, however long that is (a week give or take?) Have been getting lagged, server errored, told 'cannot process updates' - (was trying to play at the times it happened), crashes, chat -- no chat, after things seemed to be doing better.
Again, no notification for any updates, including one on Thu June 20 & supposedly was just kicked off just a little while ago for same reason; after many other issues kept me from playing all day today. THe only notification i have rec'd recently was the one re: FSA on Monday June 25.

As far as having things being 'made' to slow us down; trying to fit residences & amount of bldgs needed for Orc chapter has been taking it's time; BUT have used the various events & what littles space I have to spare for a few temp bldgs to do said events .. to keep me busy while I slowly work away at the Orc chapter.. not rushing has been rather relaxing until issues preventing game play & not recieving notifications about anything lately! It is hard to plan in advance for any event w/out a list or the start of a list before event starts!
Would also like to add 1 more thing for now... I like what looks like some interesting changes to the summer Event! Am looking forward to see how it works & now when playing an event i hope to get all the way thru; but take it as able just to get whatever rewards I can & I have fun w/collecting whatever items needed and trading them in; tickets for goo & other fun prizes! LOL :p
FSA's w/out chat working fully & chat being only way to communicate w/mobile members is just bad planning sorry for saying so but has very much affected both of my groups in general!
Oh and w/doubles days in event I was able to get all 3 grand prizes in last 2 events in at least one of my 2 towns! And that is w/missing days due to Real Life; and not much room at times for temp bldgs! Which is how my towns are at this point, trouble just upgrading residences, lol, but decided slow and relaxing is a lot more fun than rushing thru every thing Elvenar throws at us to do!
Still luv game & except for a few frustrations having much fun and so wish all well lots of fun and keep smilin! :) k4k

Avalon MoonStar

I'm compiling the quest list for the upcoming Woodelvenstock Event and need additional info on quests #65 & 66. #65 lists "Produce basket of groceries" but doesn't give the amount; #66 lists "Upgrade 4 buildings to level 7 or higher OR" but doesn't say what the other option is.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Status
Not open for further replies.