• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

edeba

I thought post was hilarious... Practically spit out my coffee when I read it.

Now this is just stupid. I read the thread on the beta forum as well and I'm not so sure that the person who made that comment (or rumor, according to you) wasn't just being a little tongue-in-cheek

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Now it looks like we are only missing ONE Tournament in Beta - not two.
(When we first noticed this, it was showing as a two week break with the next Tournament given as Marble) Marindor confirmed that this was deliberate.
But still no official news...

49140284_10213131538943722_4211494726861324288_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
lol more rumors...

This is not a rumor - it is a screenshot taken in my city in Beta World.

We just started Dust on the regular servers, so Gems would be next week. Maybe they are just getting the weekly tournaments in sync between Beta and regular servers.

When we first noticed this, it was showing as a two week break with the next Tournament given as Marble, with a two week break.
Marindor confirmed that this was deliberate.

Today the little tent icon started to show Gems, not Marble. And the down-time will now be only one week, with the Tournaments staying in synch with the Live Worlds.

We are still waiting for an official explanation - apparently the senior staff are enjoying a well-deserved New Year break.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Today the little tent icon started to show Gems, not Marble. And the down-time will now be only one week, with the Tournaments staying in sync with the Live Worlds.

I don't know much about the Beta servers, but I thought everything there was a week or two ahead of the live servers. But you are saying that the weekly tournaments have always been in sync between Beta and Live?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
From memory the last time they postponed tournaments on beta was for player movement, but that doesn't mean this is related to that. That was also likely back when tournaments were neighbourhood based not fellowship based, so makes sense to stop them if your neighbourhood could change.

I would not have thought there was a lot of stuff that would require tournaments to stop so they can test something else. Unless its some new feature one would think it was a fairly big or integrated existing system to require it. I can think of one highly integrated system I would love them to fix :rolleyes:

Regardless, they will tell us soon enough.

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
A NEW GAME FEATURE HAS APPEARED IN BETA WORLD!

Dear Humans and Elves,
Today we would like to introduce our newest feature to you: Challenges! Challenges are mini-events in which (depending on the type of challenge) you can earn medals by completing certain tasks (e.g. finishing workshop productions and casting Enchantments). These medals add up in a progress bar and at certain milestones you'll get rewards for your accomplishments.

The first challenge is the "Craftsman Challenge" and it will run from today until Sunday, January 6th, 11:59 CET. During this time you will be able to earn medals by finishing Workshop productions or by casting Enchantment spells.

We wish you a lot of fun with participating in the Challenges and are of course eager to hear your feedback in our Feedback Thread!

49335565_10213135134193601_8494283505654562816_n.jpg

The 'Challenges' Rewards are:

215 medals = 500 Spell Fragments
650 medals = 1 Combining Catalyst
1300 medals = 1000 Spell Fragments
2400 medals = 3 Combining Catalyst
4350 medals = 1 Carting Library; 2 x 1; produces 1 KP per day; expires in 100 days
:)

Last edited:

CanDaMan

I should have quoted something. What I take from what I'm reading, correct me if I'm wrong, but is population from event buildings going to go down, and we need Blueprints (or something) to upgrade stuff? I mean, my fellowship only gets 4 chests regularly, I have never even seen a Blueprint, ever!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I should have quoted something. What I take from what I'm reading, correct me if I'm wrong, but is population from event buildings going to go down, and we need Blueprints (or something) to upgrade stuff? I mean, my fellowship only gets 4 chests regularly, I have never even seen a Blueprint, ever!
Speculation is that each chest will contain one or more (for the lack of a better term) blue-printlets. Instead of getting 1 full upgrade in the tenth chest, we might get 1/10th of an upgrade in each chest. So if you are getting four every week, then after 2 weeks you'll have 12/10 and be able to upgrade something.

Note the word speculation. I haven't seen anything official.

DeletedUser9601

I think you're wrong, or at least you shouldn't be worried. There's 2 parts to your statement. First, population from event buildings going down? I'd say no. Now, the main prizes of sets have been geared towards things other than pop/culture for about a year, so arguably population is going down. But there's still lots of daily prizes that give population. See this year's Winter Stars, which might be the best pop/culture building to date if you really want population.
Second, you need blueprints to upgrade? No. If you have blueprints, they will be converted into Royal Restoration spells (which can upgrade a building). Blueprints will cease to exist, and those RR spells will be sprinkled throughout tournaments (not just in the 10th chest) and will probably be available in other places (crafting, adventures, mini-quests, events). So if you're not a 10-chest fellowship, you went from ZERO chance to upgrade event buildings to lots of chances to upgrade event buildings.
So if you're not a power-gamer getting a blueprint a week with 40 blueprints in the bank, these changes make you happy!

Pheryll

Set Designer
Speculation is that each chest will contain one or more (for the lack of a better term) blue-printlets. Instead of getting 1 full upgrade in the tenth chest, we might get 1/10th of an upgrade in each chest. So if you are getting four every week, then after 2 weeks you'll have 12/10 and be able to upgrade something.

Note the word speculation. I haven't seen anything official.

What happened in Beta that was pulled was 1 RR for each chest starting at the third, with the ninth chest having 2 RR and the tenth having 3 RR, as the exchange for blueprint was 10 RR per blueprint, the RR were valued at 1/10 a blueprint, even though for people at later chapters, a blueprint would have upgraded magic buildings at a far better rate than 10 RR could.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So if you're not a power-gamer getting a blueprint a week with 40 blueprints in the bank, these changes make you happy!

Let the 99% rejoice at the downfall of the 1%! ;)

Also, @CanDaMan that pop drop you heard about is the one that happened about nine months ago, when they neutered the pop and culture on all the pre-2018 event buildings. They also claimed the royal restoration spell was coming at about the same time, but it never did, and they did not bother to restore the values of our buildings. So when you see someone who stopped playing in March/April of 2018, that is probably the reason why.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
i'm still waiting for my restoration spell they said we would all get due to pop/culture hooha at the time of the rebalancing :cool:

Considering that one RR is probably now only good for one single square of a building, or about 1/10 of a blueprint, if they still give everyone something for free, it better be equal to one blueprint, or at least 10 RR.

Status
Not open for further replies.