• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I imagine some paper-pusher is haranguing at the devs to include more ways to spend diamonds on stuff.
I think you're right; I also suspect that is the impetus behind many of the changes we've seen over the last several months in event structures as well as new feature introduction (thinking of Spire here) where you win diamonds but you also have many different ways to spend diamonds.
And still no store where you can straight up buy stuff for diamonds...is it really that hard to incorporate something like that into a game?

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is all about. I think it is more of a consistency issue that they fixed - pretty much anywhere in the game if you're missing some resources corresponding buttons are changed to diamond ones. I have just checked, and I am missing some seeds for an upgrade, and upgrade button is diamonded out. I am also out of broken shards, so Forge Rune is offered right away for 170 diamonds. Want to finish production ahead of time? Diamond button is right there.

There are opportunities for misclicks in all of these places and more. That's why it makes sense to enable diamond warning in the settings. No, it's not foolproof. So it's not much of an upgrade, but implying that this is some nefarious cash grab when they just made things consistent across the board? Come on, this is a freemium game, you don't expect them to make spending harder, do you? ;)

it's the only place in game where you mindlessly click ingame to het rid of all your knowledge points from for example the tournament to place in wonders of other players using any kind of KP swap system.
No other place in game do you click on exactly the same spot, 5,10,15,20,30,50 or 80 times in super fast quick successsion.

And as brummbear already pointed out on the beta forum its a pointless same thing twice.
1581840435769.png

Those same 2 diamond buttons can also be found under the + sign.
A place where you could also misclick as in any part of the game, but where it will be very rare unlike this place

The Unbeliever

...So, last year the Carnival event was Feb 22nd start, and ended in March, followed by Phoenix/Spring event from April 15th - May 12th.
As this year's Carnival event was basically 3 weeks earlier in starting, perhaps we'll see the Phoenix/Spring event by late March this year?

Though, I guess we're probably going to be suffering through another god-awful Fellowship MISadventure first, and perhaps a brainless crafting challenge as well beforehand?

mikeledo

You can buy items with diamonds, the same place you get all your other items. As you move along the tech tree it unlocks more items you can buy.

Now if the idea is for INNO to get KP into everyone's hands in order to offset the folks with push accounts since they won't boot them, then let us buy KP with tools. Get rid of that 450 diamond spot (we can hit the 45 diamond 10X) and add a tool time spot.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
You can buy items with diamonds, the same place you get all your other items.
Since I don't play any other games, I don't have first hand knowledge of these types of stores, but I've been told it's unusual for a game like this to NOT have a store. I'm thinking of a store that offers packages of various items in the game. Ex: troop packages, Instants packages, Goods packages, Spells packages, Pet Food packages, Artifact packages. If they want to get creative they can offer some building skins for diamonds. I love the looks of the lvl 4 Fairies portal for example. Take a 5x5 building that I don't like the looks of, but need its resources for my city: yep, I'd pay diamonds to buy that skin for it...

GlamDoll

I love the looks of the lvl 4 Fairies portal for example.

I hear ya! I still have it in GlamDoll's city. It is not only unusual, that this game has no store...but it's also my first game, I can think of, that doesn't.

However, my tale is a bit different from yours. I have played many games over the years.

Your whole post just rocks! I too would love to see Inno be creative!

...Time will tell, I suppose.

KarlD

I don't like the diamond buy for KP. It is blue and shiny and my precious. I just want to click it. This is designed to generate the revenue they lost by stopping the 100% diamond offer for long-standing players.
I wouldn't mind having the diamond buy on same screen, although I think it was fine the way it was, but they should put the buttons side by side. Suddenly changing the button that I just clicked 20 times into a diamond buy button is just jarring and irritating with no benefit whatsoever to the player. It's like a "we hate our customers so we decided to do this to them" feature.

T6583

...So, last year the Carnival event was Feb 22nd start, and ended in March, followed by Phoenix/Spring event from April 15th - May 12th.
As this year's Carnival event was basically 3 weeks earlier in starting, perhaps we'll see the Phoenix/Spring event by late March this year?
I would assume that it would occur earlier this year as it's usually based around the same time as Easter. Last year Easter was April 21, 2019. This year it's a week earlier on April 12, 2020. We still have 5 days of the Carnival event left. Beta is starting an FA on Monday. So we'll probably see the FA a week later. Then Beta will need to start the Phoenix event and if they stick to the 2 week timeline there before releasing it in live I expect that we would be starting the Phoenix event around the 23rd or 30th of March this year.

DeletedUser20535

Any news on when the next alien race will be coming out? Busy preparing for it...

DeletedUser25397

This is pure BS...
If you are an Active. Daily. Player, which IMHO would be defined as; waking up between 7-8am, logging in every 3hrs to collect regular production cycles, set the 9hr 'sleepy time' stuff around 10-11pm, rinse, repeat every day.
That means you're averaging about 25-30 incident collections, on top of completing the full quest lines. That's a helluva lot of work, and such dedication while also always choosing only the most GP efficient chests every time, should be rewarded by obtaining ONE (and only one!), Lv.10 building.

Now, start being a bit less active, like say only logging in every 4-5hrs, or even less (which will also mean far fewer incident collections), and/or not not choosing chests with much thought, and/or not quite finishing out the quest line, etc...
Then yeah, no Lv10 for you, unless you throw some diamonds at the event to compensate for less active play and/or poor decisions on picking which chests to open.

Yes INNO exists to make money, but it's also far easier to make said money with a generally happy & engaged player base.
If evolving buildings suddenly mean that to even get 1x Lv10 building you suddenly need to;
- 100% the event while maintaining 'daily job' level activity
- only choose the most GP efficient chests every single time.
- wait an extra month for the next FA, then hope/pray your fellowship can clear all 3 levels for the 2 missing artifacts
You're going to have lots and lots of very disgruntled players, as the level of work required in no way matches up to the end reward...

And let's face it, both the Gingerbread House & this new Love Nest are steaming crap. If they were Phoenix/Bear levels, then sure, it'd be worth grinding one's entire city to a dead stop, jumping through all the hoops & treating the game as a near full-time job for the next 20-something days.
But as it stands, this event is yet another pipping hot bowl of mediocre disappointment. :p
I could not possibly agree more! I've been playing Elvenar for 3+ years. I am retired and on a very limited income so I spend very little actual $. That said, I have spent a couple of hundred dollars over my time with the game. I log in only after a computer reset and remain logged in 24/7. I check my progress almost hourly most days. I have 4 cities in 3 different worlds. With that level of interaction, you would think I could be afforded non-crap for rewards. Once again, those with seemingly unlimited disposable cash believe themselves to be superior in some way. I say, keep ALL players as happy as possible and the occasional 'dangling carrot' is completely tolerable.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
You can buy items with diamonds, the same place you get all your other items. As you move along the tech tree it unlocks more items you can buy.

Now if the idea is for INNO to get KP into everyone's hands in order to offset the folks with push accounts since they won't boot them, then let us buy KP with tools. Get rid of that 450 diamond spot (we can hit the 45 diamond 10X) and add a tool time spot.
Okay, please "splain" it to me like I were a five year old, because apparently I am. I won't mind being talked down to ... what is a "push" account?

Kekune

what is a "push" account?

A push account exists to funnel resources into another account owned by the same person under a different name. They're usually small cities - like ch 4 or so - that tourney hard and dump all the kp into the bigger city's wonders. It's the main way to "cheat" in elvenar.

Yogi Dave

A person who has multiple accounts in the same world can create an FS, or be in one that allows it, where the KP produced in the little accounts are 'pushed' into the big account's AWs. The little accounts are also fed goods to use in tourneys since it's cheap for them to cater which generates more KP for the big account's AWs.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
A person who has multiple accounts in the same world can create an FS, or be in one that allows it, where the KP produced in the little accounts are 'pushed' into the big account's AWs. The little accounts are also fed goods to use in tourneys since it's cheap for them to cater which generates more KP for the big account's AWs.
I had no idea. That doesn't seem right to me. Thanks for the info.

Yogi Dave

It's not right and there are rules against it. However, those that do it blatantly are often high diamond spenders. It can also be hard to prove. I was in a area where a person started and just enjoyed looking around. She kept putting KP into my AWs because it looked nice and she liked my name. I tried to get her to join an FS and would talk with her about city development and have nice conversations with her in her broken English. It also was a very weak trading zone with lots of young players, so I would take everyone's trades and visit them. They couldn't reach my city to reciprocate or take my trades without paying a penalty, so would put KP into my AWs. Many asked for advice and I'd do good trades with them to help with their growth a bit. That got me more AW KP even when I'd tell them it'd be better to put it into their own AWs. I'm happy to say many grew into good cities and joined decent FSs. With no one to trade with they could have easily just quit. So, in many ways, I'd look like I had push accounts. I knew a retired woman who the AM in an FS I was in at the time accuse her of having push accounts. She said they were her grandkids and it was difficult to not have them put KP into her AWs. Was that true or was it a cover for push accounts? It's impossible to tell. However, in her case, I looked at those other cities and they were at different levels and developing in normal fashion.

How deep an analysis would Inno have to make to really determine what was true? In the case of the big diamond spenders, would it be in their best interest? They have to make a profit or we all lose. Making a mistake and kicking the wrong person could even cause legal problems or get them a bad reputation. So, it's just part of the game we live with as people debate how to determine ways to stop it. Personally, I just play the game and enjoy the people I meet. Listen to their stories. It doesn't matter if they are true or not. After all, it's a game of fantasy to enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.