• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 4/2020] News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Dear Humans and Elves, We have updated Elvenar Beta to version 1.99! Today's update includes the following content:

Improvements
  • The feature that is automatically moving cities to better positions on the World Map has been extended to give better results: Instead of only removing and replacing Cities of deleted player accounts, the automatic movement algorithm can now also temporarily move away inactive Cities from the World Map to free up spots for more active players.The time frame for removal from the World Map depends on player progression - Chapter 1 Cities can make way for active players after only a few days, whereas higher Chapter Cities can take more than a month to be moved. The state of any inactive City (Buildings, Boosted Goods, Neighborly Help, Fellowship, etc.) is stored for at least 30 days (or longer, depending on Chapter reached) and the City is assigned a new location on the World Map on return.
    Should their original spot still be vacant by the time a player returns, they will find themselves back in their old Neighborhood.
    If a more active player moved into the respective spot in the meantime, the game will instead choose the next best location for them to return to. In all cases, that means the system attempts to place a player as close to the center of the World Map as possible, while keeping their respective Boosted Goods configuration in consideration.

87939263_10216025278845411_6899941514521083904_n.jpg

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The Wholesaler Changes previously discussed have now been implemented in Beta Server.

Dear Humans and Elves,
We have updated Elvenar Beta to version 1.100!
Improvements

• We have now introduced the changes to the Wholesaler as announced before in this post, with the addition (after receiving your early feedback) that quests requesting only Wholesale trades have gotten their amounts reduced by 50%. This change has not made today's update, but will be implemented shortly.

87454853_10216031319956435_7334376017697439744_n.jpg

Here is the original Announcement

Dear Humans and Elves,

Thank you all so much for all the feedback you have given us on our proposed changes for the Trader star rating. Check the post above for all details on that if you hadn't yet. We've enjoyed reading your comments, and are happy to announce that we will be adjusting the rating to 1.5:1 very soon. We are currently aiming to release them with the daily Beta update on Thursday, 23 January. That also means they should go into the 1.97 version for our Live worlds, if everything passes testing and works as we intend it to.

Several of you have also raised the topic of adjusting the ratios of the trades listed in the Wholesaler. We agree that they need an update, and have done some further calculations to also fine tune those more, both for the regular and Sentient Goods. Please read on to learn what we have in mind, and how we plan to achieve those goals we've set for ourselves.
  1. Make the Wholesaler easier to use
    We feel the Wholesaler is rather click-intensive, especially if you would want to use it a lot, and we want to make that more convenient to use. Therefore, we will be increasing the volume of Goods that you can buy at a time (that is: per click). While that means that the overall cost for a batch is higher, you also get more Goods with one transaction. The Wholesaler's price will still increase by 50% after every purchase (as it is now), but with higher volumes per trade, you will end up paying less for more.
  2. Align the Wholesaler with the new star ratio for equally valuable trades
    The Wholesaler currently has a ratio of 4:1 (between tiers). This is already more expensive than regular, player-to-player trades, but it is of course much too high when considering the changes we will apply to the Trader. Therefore, we would also apply the 1.5:1 ratio between tiers in the Wholesaler.
  3. We want the Wholesaler to be more expensive than regular trades, but it must also be fair
    The Wholesaler is intended to be mostly a last resort in case you need resources fast, as you should generally be trading for the resources you need with other players - even though this will take more time. We need the Wholesaler to be more expensive because it provides you with the resources you'd need instantly. However, because of how it is currently set up, you pay vastly more for some resources than you would for others - even if you take their trade ratios into account. This happens because the amount you can buy per trade differs a lot, while the price increases at a similar rate. To combat this, we will make the cost the determining factor in the amount of resources you can buy with one trade. You will be spending the same amount of Coins, Supplies or Goods for each option, regardless of its type or tier - of course the amount of Goods you receive in return are adjusted based on their tier and overall value.

Example: Imagine a player who currently would need to pay 44K Supplies for 1.1K Steel, 176K Supplies for 1.1K Crystal, or 704K for 1.1K Gems. In the new system, they would be asked to pay 380K Supplies to receive either 7.6K Steel, or 5.1K Crystal, or 3.4K Gems.
  4. Improve the supply of Sentient Goods in the world economy
    We regularly hear that the supply of Sentient Goods can be a problem for some players: they simply do not find the Goods necessary to progress. This problem may be more visible on some worlds than on others, and may affect certain types of Sentient Goods more than others, but we know the issue itself exists. We will increase the volume of Sentient Goods that you can buy per trade significantly. The price will still increase with every purchase, as before, but as the batches you buy are larger, you will need to spend much fewer resources to purchase the same amounts of Sentient Goods.

Example: Imagine a player who would be able to purchase a base value (no bonuses applied) of 1250 Moonstone. They would have to pay 6250 Platinum or Elven Tree Gum to make this purchase. In the new system, we will increase the base value. That will allow the player to purchase more Sentient Goods for the initial 1:5 ratio. In this example, the new (base) value would become 2050 Moonstone, for which 10250 Platinum or Elven Tree Gum would need to be paid.
    With these changes to the Wholesaler, the Goods (especially if you buy multiple batches in a day) will be much cheaper than they were before. With that, we hope to make the Wholesaler a more relevant and viable alternative for those of you who struggle to gather the required amounts of Sentient Goods from just trading with other players.
We will offer these changes to the Wholesaler alongside the changes to the Trader's star ratio planned for this week (see the top of this post), as the two topics do tie in to each other, and we would like you to experience them at the same time for a more realistic testing scenario.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Disclaimer: As always, changes made on Beta might not make it to the Live worlds in the exact same way, and especially with balancing changes like these, we need to be careful to not hurt the game's economy in the process. Therefore, if something doesn't work as we intend it to or can currently foresee, we may need to make adjustments to the values we'll be offering.

Deleted User - 3932582

With that, we hope to make the Wholesaler a more relevant and viable alternative for those of you who struggle to gather the required amounts of Sentient Goods from just trading with other players.
LOL, if people who are struggling with any particular good would offer anywhere close to the prices that wholesaler demands, they will have their trades taken in no time. Well, unless they have ridiculously high BTG levels.

Pheryll

Set Designer
LOL, if people who are struggling with any particular good would offer anywhere close to the prices that wholesaler demands, they will have their trades taken in no time. Well, unless they have ridiculously high BTG levels.

The BTG is one of the more unusual wonders in that some of the benefits that it offers do not matter much unless you are close to maximum level. At level 30 you have no penalty for trades just beyond your radius, and you can make an initial 2 star trade for goods and sentient goods each day. Lower levels of the BTG make these benefits not as enticing and much more rarely used.

Deleted User - 3932582

The BTG is one of the more unusual wonders in that some of the benefits that it offers do not matter much unless you are close to maximum level. At level 30 you have no penalty for trades just beyond your radius, and you can make an initial 2 star trade for goods and sentient goods each day. Lower levels of the BTG make these benefits not as enticing and much more rarely used.
I never looked at BTG as a trader wonder, but rather as guest race production multiplier. I find trader benefit pretty useless no matter the level. Your example of L30 BTG means either focusing exclusively on BTG early on (a very unconventional choice, to say the least), or more likely that you have an advanced/end game city (and likely being a high roller ;) ).

If it's the latter, then trader's fee hardly matters. If your radius is reasonably high, you likely won't have any cities with the fee in your list anyways (I have BTG L6 and haven't seen fees in a long time), not to mention that you're unlikely to be lacking in regular goods. Initial 2* wholesaler trade sounds good on paper, but remember, the amounts traded there are tiny. In chapter 15 right now we're talking about 7.5K a pop, and then the price adjusts upwards. The incoming trader change will revise the amounts upwards, but still, for an advanced city this is really a drop in the bucket. I mean, it would be nice if it would be free, but you're spending crapton of KPs to level it up that high.

BTG was really good for guest race speedrunners before widespread availability of Portal Profits (and is still somewhat useful for intermediate goods), but with PPs out there BTG is just not that useful overall. I still have it from the old times, but mostly for the bee ;) I am unlikely to level it up ever again, unless something changes.

Deleted User - 4565442

There's an information on Polish servers, that next Phoenix evolution building (Coldfire Phoenix) has very bad feeding effect of Knowledge points per scout (effect lasts 24h) and produces very low ammounts of sentient goods t4 and 2 KP every 48h at the moment. Please join us in boycotting next event if changes are not made to this terrible decision. It was checked and confirmed by beta players inside game files.

Deleted User - 4366037

There's an information on Polish servers, that next Phoenix evolution building (Coldfire Phoenix) has very bad feeding effect of Knowledge points per scout (effect lasts 24h) and produces very low ammounts of sentient goods t4 and 2 KP every 48h at the moment. Please join us in boycotting next event if changes are not made to this terrible decision. It was checked and confirmed by beta players inside game files.
I started playing Elvenar right when this last Christmas event began and the Gingerbread Mansion was made available. It looks like I really missed out on a lot of quality event buildings, which I currently can never catch up on or enjoy unless previous/universal artifacts are ever made available, and if what you are hearing is true then they are only getting worse.. As a newer player it is really troublesome to think I may forever have a disadvantage/punishment for joining this game now rather than a year ago, and I obviously am not referring to the effect of growing one's city over a long period of time, but rather to having no real access to valuable evolved buildings that otherwise provide a permanent benefit to a city.

I find the events and fellowship adventures to be a very exciting element to this game that helps to keep it fresh, though that only really works if I am excited about the rewards for participating.

Deleted User - 4565442

4206d9259bf51.png
It's the building. Productions in CH15 at stage 10:
2400 moonstone
2400 platinum
2400 elven tree gum
2 KP
production time 48h

feed effect: KP per ended scouting
lvl 1 - 5 KP
lvl 10 - 14 KP per ended scout
feed effect time - 24h.

In chapters 1 until mana chapter, productions are:
gold - supplies - boosted good T3+1 - 2 KP
elves and sorcerers - mana replaces boosted good T3+1
halflings - divine seeds replace mana
Elementals and further - all productions are changed to sentient goods and 2 KP.

Deleted User - 3932582

This is quite interesting mechanics, actually. For reference, we're talking about 5-14 KP (depending on evolution level) per scout. While advanced players will be screwed (even 14KP for 1 PF every 2-5 days is not a great deal), this might be a game changer for low-level players. If you're really early on, you can run multiple scouts within 24h period. So for 1 PF you would be getting multiples of 14KP in 24 hours, which would be enormous early on. You can pull up into later stage game much faster.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
...As a newer player it is really troublesome to think I may forever have a disadvantage/punishment for joining this game now rather than a year ago...

But this is true for nearly every single free-to-play browser or mobile game ever made. If you start playing any time after the game is released, there will be content you miss out on and can never get, that older players will have. So should people only play games that they can start at the same time a game is new and just released?

Deleted User - 4565442

This is quite interesting mechanics, actually. For reference, we're talking about 5-14 KP (depending on evolution level) per scout. While advanced players will be screwed (even 14KP for 1 PF every 2-5 days is not a great deal), this might be a game changer for low-level players. If you're really early on, you can run multiple scouts within 24h period. So for 1 PF you would be getting multiples of 14KP in 24 hours, which would be enormous early on. You can pull up into later stage game much faster.

This is beyond useless for chapter 15 players
Does this game focus now only on new players with 5 minutes scouting times?
Looks like we will never see old phoenix artifacts again, not in the game since July adventure...
They will continue to add new evolution buildings every event, then +2 artifacts at following adventure and then never seen again?

Deleted User - 3932582

As a newer player it is really troublesome to think I may forever have a disadvantage/punishment for joining this game now rather than a year ago, and I obviously am not referring to the effect of growing one's city over a long period of time, but rather to having no real access to valuable evolved buildings that otherwise provide a permanent benefit to a city.
Consider it a consolation prize for veteran players. They had to slog through the same chapters as you do without help of so many things that you have from the beginning. Portal Profits, crafting, Spire, teleports, wide availability of time instants etc. None of those things did exist. So yeah, some veterans now have access to some older powerful buildings. But saying that you forever have a disadvantage over the course of the game is not exactly accurate.

Deleted User - 4366037

But this is true for nearly every single free-to-play browser or mobile game ever made. If you start playing any time after the game is released, there will be content you miss out on and can never get, that older players will have. So should people only play games that they can start at the same time a game is new and just released?
I am not saying I expect to have all of the same event buildings, etc. as before my time. What is troublesome is both that I do not have the ability to evolve and use the prior buildings (even though Inno has elected to offer them for new players in the MA), and that the new buildings that are being offered now seem to have little to no value.

Deleted User - 4366037

Consider it a consolation prize for veteran players. They had to slog through the same chapters as you do without help of so many things that you have from the beginning. Portal Profits, crafting, Spire, teleports, wide availability of time instants etc. None of those things did exist. So yeah, some veterans now have access to some older powerful buildings. But saying that you forever have a disadvantage over the course of the game is not exactly accurate.
I may have exaggerated a little. ;) The point I was trying to make is that I see some of those older evolving buildings, and they look very exciting to me, but I have not been excited about the last event/FAs. I did not even place the Valentine's float for its nominal supplies for the lower chapters, which makes this upcoming FA also moot for me (other than to assist the FS). I am hopeful for a future event building that gets me excited to participate in the event.

Usually I do not even consider prior events, items, etc., but since Inno has them available in the MA, though without any artifacts, IMHO it feels like dangling a hollow carrot.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The constraints are only about moving people away from the center. A bit more clarification:
  • You will be moved INWARDS if you are ACTIVE, AND there is an available space closer to the center. This is NOT done when you have the setting for this disabled.
  • We remove inactive people from the map by marking the space they occupy as "free". However, they are still shown on the map until someone else takes the spot. In that moment, the account is removed from the world map (not visible)
  • Someone who is marked as inactive and comes back, will be placed back on the same spot they were in before, UNLESS it is already taken by someone else in the meantime. In that case, they are moved to the next best place (the usual: the spot with the same pattern of neighboring provinces, closest to the center). In this case, and in this case alone, the setting for moving the city is ignored. Simply because if it weren't, we would have two cities in the same spot and that's of course not possible.

More information/clarity from beta CM, Marindor, regarding movement update.

Deleted User - 1178646

Sigh, I assume you are the player I think you are.
I am tired of your rants, can't you just keep it at the beta forum please, one tained forum of whining is enough.

I am tired of the contant hails for torches and pitchforks everytime I open a forum that all seem to come from a single source where even it's own countrymen asked him kindly to stop (at least with the polish stuff so they arent tainted as well)

It's not a problem for US players as it is for other nations who earn much less and have same prices. This should be blocked by EU's law.
*sigh*

Thanks for making my point clear.
Pretty please, stick at beta leave this place alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.