• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 4/2020] News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daiman Rahl

Question, does anyone know what the start time for events and fellowships is. I know I should have put this in a sepperate thread,but I figured here is the best as most of the advanced players are here. I would like to know this so I can prepare my workshops and manufacturing ahead of the fellowship adventure coming to our world.
Thanks.
Daiman Rahl.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It's not written in Stone, but I think the majority of things begin at Noon in Germany which is currently about 4:00 to 7:00 am in the U.S. depending on your time zone.

Daylight Savings starts again on March 8th, so if you live somewhere that uses it, make sure to adjust expected start times by an hour for this. So here in the Eastern US, the 5AM event start time will shift to 6AM. I am pretty sure start and end times for the weekly tournament and the Spire will shift an hour forward also.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
It's not a problem for US players as it is for other nations who earn much less and have same prices. This should be blocked by EU's law.
The United States is not the fountain of opportunity it once was. Nowadays you're far more likely to find poor in America as in Scandinavia or Western Europe. We "ain't" what we used to be. :(

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The United States is not the fountain of opportunity it once was. Nowadays you're far more likely to find poor in America as in Scandinavia or Western Europe. We "ain't" what we used to be. :(
Whether that's as big a thing as people think, the European Union includes eastern Europe, too, with countries like Greece, Lithuania, Latvia, and Slovenia, all of which have median household incomes which are around 30-40% of that in the U.S.

Pheryll

Set Designer
It's the building. Productions in CH15 at stage 10:
2400 moonstone
2400 platinum
2400 elven tree gum

I hope they fix this bug before this building is implemented. Otherwise we will have one of the sentient goods receiving a timewarp/vortex bonus applying only to those boosted in the relic corresponding to the base production (probably the base is moonstone).

Darielle

Whether that's as big a thing as people think, the European Union includes eastern Europe, too, with countries like Greece, Lithuania, Latvia, and Slovenia, all of which have median household incomes which are around 30-40% of that in the U.S.
True, but then again, places like Lithuania have a much lower cost of living, so that compensates for lower wages. "According to international comparisons, Lithuania is currently ranked 589 out of 780 places, where 1 is the most expensive and 780 is the least." Another statistic from the World Bank is this: "World Bank’s income inequality indicator, the GINI index, suggests that Lithuania has higher income equality than the U.S., and is comparable to that of Canada." Those who are well off in America, therefore, are more well off than the rich in Lithuania. But the poor in the US are worse off, and there are a lot more of them. I chose Lithuania as the example only because my grandparents immigrated to the US from there.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
True, but then again, places like Lithuania have a much lower cost of living, so that compensates for lower wages. "According to international comparisons, Lithuania is currently ranked 589 out of 780 places, where 1 is the most expensive and 780 is the least." Another statistic from the World Bank is this: "World Bank’s income inequality indicator, the GINI index, suggests that Lithuania has higher income equality than the U.S., and is comparable to that of Canada." Those who are well off in America, therefore, are more well off than the rich in Lithuania. But the poor in the US are worse off, and there are a lot more of them. I chose Lithuania as the example only because my grandparents immigrated to the US from there.

The US is so huge and so different from region to region that what I earn and live decently on in my area would have me homeless in a place like NYC or LA. I make $20k a year and I still have the occasional few dollars to throw at games like this if I wanted. But then, I do not have any of the vices that people waste thousands of dollars on each year, like smoking or alcohol, so I am better off than a lot of other people who make the same amount I do.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
True, but then again, places like Lithuania have a much lower cost of living, so that compensates for lower wages
No. Not even close.
Those numbers are based on PPP (Purchasing Power Parity) dollars, so they they need the same amount to buy the same basic basket of goods and services in the country specified. In those countries, the median income family in those countries can factually afford less than half of the things that a comparable family in the U.S can purchase. The truly poor in Lituania are better off than the truly poor in America, but the truly poor in both countries are probably not playing Elvenar, and if they are, they are not buying diamonds. The median Lithuanian is not as well off as the median American.

And since the discussion is about the fact that diamonds are not cheaper in other countries, Even if the numbers were not PPP adjusted, neither are the Elvenar Diamonds. They actually have to spend nearly three times as much of their available income to buy 1000 Elvenar diamonds as a similar person in the United States. A $10.00 diamond purchase for them represents the equivalent about a day's take-home pay from a full time job at minimum wage.

Last edited:

Darielle

No. Not even close.
Those numbers are based on PPP (Purchasing Power Parity) dollars, so they they need the same amount to buy the same basic basket of goods and services in the country specified. In those countries, the median income family in those countries can factually afford less than half of the things that a comparable family in the U.S can purchase. The truly poor in Lituania are better off than the truly poor in America, but the truly poor in both countries are probably not playing Elvenar, and if they are, they are not buying diamonds. The median Lithuanian is not as well off as the median American.

And since the discussion is about the fact that diamonds are not cheaper in other countries, Even if the numbers were not PPP adjusted, neither are the Elvenar Diamonds. They actually have to spend nearly three times as much of their available income to buy 1000 Elvenar diamonds as a similar person in the United States. A $10.00 diamond purchase for them represents the equivalent about a day's take-home pay from a full time job at minimum wage.
Okay, I admit I got off topic and you are right about the diamonds. I have been protesting inequality for quite a while and working with the poor in my country for years, at food banks and elsewhere, and they are far worse off than in any other advanced, industrialized country. And you'll note in my original post, I did mention "Western" Europe as far as diamonds go. Germans, for example, are more able to afford them than the average American, particularly if they are retirees, and I've noticed a lot of retirees on Elvenar. But yes, I strayed off topic. It just sounded to me as if the original post was praising the wealth of Americans in comparison to everyone else, and Americans generally know that to be a myth. There are more homeless in America than in Lithuania by far ... but true, they are not buying diamonds.

Darielle

The US is so huge and so different from region to region that what I earn and live decently on in my area would have me homeless in a place like NYC or LA. I make $20k a year and I still have the occasional few dollars to throw at games like this if I wanted. But then, I do not have any of the vices that people waste thousands of dollars on each year, like smoking or alcohol, so I am better off than a lot of other people who make the same amount I do.
Good point. It depends a great deal on where you live just how rich or poor you are. Some registered nurses in California are working full time jobs and living in their cars because they can't afford rent there. In a rural area, those same nurses, if making the same amount (which I grant you they wouldn't be in a rural area) would be able to afford a luxury home as part of the upper middle class. As they always used to say, location, location, location.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Today's upgrade in Beta:

All rewards for donating in Ancient Wonders can now be seen as soon as the first Knowledge Point has been donated.

85045873_10216039038749400_7160877712809132032_n.jpg

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is a free-to-join Facebook group for lovers of Elvenar with 6000+ members, .
Feel free to join us for all the latest news and discussion!

:)

The Unbeliever

Then press your people to change it for phoenix because atm quests are the same and reward is far worse ;)
Team on other forums doesn't discuss changes with us since autumn bears.
I keep hearing hints that the new Phoenix building is the worst ever yet...

Anyone with any rumored info care to spill the beans?! (...in spoiler tags if need be)
At least get our disappointment over and done with, as this way my dad will be able to know if he should race through Constructs in 4/5 cities, or else just say 'feth it' and scrap the lap top for Link's Awakening on the Switch. ;)

Deleted User - 3932582

I keep hearing hints that the new Phoenix building is the worst ever yet...

Anyone with any rumored info care to spill the beans?! (...in spoiler tags if need be)
At least get our disappointment over and done with, as this way my dad will be able to know if he should race through Constructs in 4/5 cities, or else just say 'feth it' and scrap the lap top for Link's Awakening on the Switch. ;)
This was already posted in the Beta thread:

Subject to change, of course.

T6583

do you happen to know if we'll be able to use the artifacts on a fire phoenix made in the MA?
Unless something changed, from what players on the Beta forum have said inrefernce to the game files is that its an artifact that is unique to the new phoenix. So I personally do not think that the artifacts offered in this years event will be able to be used on past phoenixes. I would love for this to be wrong though myself as I have a phoenix in one of my cities that hasn't been upgraded fully yet.

The Unbeliever

That's... wow, beyond utter crap!? o_O

Sure the sentient goods is a good (...pun not really intended), idea, but for feth's sake, only a few thousand every 48hrs?! Useless - especially considering the gargantuan quantities demanded by Ch.15 researches!
At least if it was just a 24hr pick-up it wouldn't be completely awful, and some/many might just place it for the (obvious!) look-a-like 'FF Phoenix eidolon' vibe it's got going.
(and yes, I DO think the look of the birdie itself is full-on Maximum Effort levels of epic-win!:D)

And of course, for non-sentient chapters, it's just larger and larger orders of magnitude worse. :(

Damn, I would have absolutely killed for troop defense booster too, since we have so few viable unit boosters to begin with...
Even better, a feeding effect that started at say 5% atk AND def% boost, maxing out at 25% for both @Lv10. Hell, could even make the feeding effect last for only 12hrs for all I'd care, but at least that would've been something absolutely worth the effort & city space.

Oh well, if there's no daily special for last year's phoenix artifacts, I've at least got full shelf of grey plastic Space Puppies angrily demanding I start painting them. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.