• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Archmage frustrated with "We are not receiving any other reports..."

DeletedUser7910

As an Archmage in Arendyll and not being able to chat, visit, or accomplish basic trades, with members of my own Fellowship without some sort of lag or refresh glitch is getting a little out of hand (even from different computers and internet sources). Especially when those same issues are not experienced in Winyandor or Sinya Arda to the extent of Arendyll. Several of the Fellowship members in Arendyll have expressed the same sort of issues in messages (and if lucky in chat), some have even stopped playing because nothing was resolved. So as a dutiful Archmage, and a fellow that has also experienced these issues, places a ticket with the Support team to be informed, "We are not receiving any other reports..." in every response. Also, trying to explain some things in a single picture file can be a bit challenging. Wouldn't video files help a little more in viewing the issue instead of trying to decipher words and a single image? I can understand if the issue happened in all 3 realms that I play. When it only happens in the one that I first started playing and became hooked to Elvenar with, I kind of question it being anything but an Arendyll server issue.

The same kind of scenario happened to myself and 3 other players in the Winyandor realm. Where we all had both the Dwarven Portal and Fairy Portal built and producing at the same time waiting for the Quests to correct themselves. Support did not believe the issue existed, yet it was experienced by some players. Just because there are not 400+ complaints about something doesn't mean that it is not being experienced.

Now I am not saying that Support has not helped in other game aspects, but when it comes to actual glitches maybe the intervention of a developer (or someone that actually plays their creation) would help.

DeletedUser3821

We've been having similar issues in my FS. I hadn't put a report in because I thought they'd already had a bug report regarding it, but now I'm wondering and planning a "visit" to Support as well.

DeletedUser7910

We've been having similar issues in my FS. I hadn't put a report in because I thought they'd already had a bug report regarding it, but now I'm wondering and planning a "visit" to Support as well.
Please do, and do not forget to include my name too so they start seeing there is an issue.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I was having some issues a couple days ago! I cleared my browser and flash player temp files and it was good again.

DeletedUser3821

I've heard back from support. I hope it isn't a no no to post what they said.
"This issue has indeed been reported and forwarded to our development team for fixing. Please keep an eye on the Release Notes that come with every game update (which can be found on our Elvenar Forum), for any updates on this matter.
Our apologies for the inconvenience caused by this!"

So, sounds like they're working on a fix. :)

DeletedUser2768

I've been dealing with more bugs and glitches than I care to count, and all I've heard back was that these glitches are "user error" and cannot be reproduced.

1) Game randomly freezing leading to a refresh of the page
2) Game freezing during reload/refresh leading to a refresh (thankfully that one doesn't happen often)
3) Chat not working
4) Chat notifying me of my own comments
5) Flash Player (Adobe) crashing repeatedly
6) All tabs freezing when trying to cycle through each world I play in

I've reported all of these in one or more of the realms I played in: Elcysandir, Aryendyll, Beta, and Sinya Arda. Nothing has been resolved in ANY of them, so I've quit all but Elcy and Aren. Those I'm playing in only because I've spent money to buy more builders. Because of all the glitches I do not enjoy this game anymore, not like I used to.

DeletedUser7910

I've heard back from support. I hope it isn't a no no to post what they said.
"This issue has indeed been reported and forwarded to our development team for fixing. Please keep an eye on the Release Notes that come with every game update (which can be found on our Elvenar Forum), for any updates on this matter.
Our apologies for the inconvenience caused by this!"

So, sounds like they're working on a fix. :)
Good to know that at least someone is looking into it finally. Why it takes so many complaints for them to do something is beyond me.

DeletedUser7910

I've been dealing with more bugs and glitches than I care to count, and all I've heard back was that these glitches are "user error" and cannot be reproduced.

2) Game freezing during reload/refresh leading to a refresh (thankfully that one doesn't happen often)
3) Chat not working

I've reported all of these in one or more of the realms I played in: Elcysandir, Aryendyll, Beta, and Sinya Arda. Nothing has been resolved in ANY of them, so I've quit all but Elcy and Aren. Those I'm playing in only because I've spent money to buy more builders. Because of all the glitches I do not enjoy this game anymore, not like I used to.
That is the main reason for this post - Arendyll is my first and the one I have spent the most on improving. It would be nice if they fixed something instead of just starting a new realm.

DeletedUser7910

I was having some issues a couple days ago! I cleared my browser and flash player temp files and it was good again.
I have tried that as well as a complete uninstall and reinstall of both browsers and flash player and still does it. If it happened in all 3 realms I would tend to agree that it is a computer issue or software issue, but it only happens in 1.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
When it was happening to me it was only on arendyll as well, my beta city had no problems.

DeletedUser4993

3) Chat not working

DeletedUser4993

This has been going on nearly 4 months long for me. I cannot open a new window or the game freezes when I re-enter this includes such basic things such as email and the forum. Often my entire browser freezes up and I actually have to CTRL/ALT/Del then re-start my browser. Refresh doesn't work at all. I wrote support and they said "don't open more than one browser." Apparently they don't have a clue what the difference is between a window and a browser. :confused: I have tried different browsers with no changes. As the Arch in 2 worlds being able to go back and forth is necessary for speed purposes. I am also on the hunt, as we all are, to find new members. How am I supposed to do find new members, when I have to check a name out in the forum by going into their city I have to leave the forum re-start my browser. Then I must re-start my browser to come back in. By then the candidate is taken be another FS.

I am living with it for now.

Laochra

My chat went down last week. It came back up in 3 of my 5 cities yesterday, but only for a short time, then it went back down. As AM in 2 cities & Mage in the other 3, this is very inconvenient, because I can only communicate with my fellowships via emails. It is making me feel very disconnected.:confused: