• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Archmage has disappeared. How to turn over control to another member?

DeletedUser10422

Hello,

I'm a member of Persia Lands. The person who was our leader (Archmage) - bibibo has not been around for several weeks. We have tried to reach out to this member, with no response. We are getting to a point that we should institute a new leader (Archmage). Is there a way to override this and grant me status of Archmage for our current group? Our other option is to disband and join another group, but this is not viable since we have so many participating members.

thank you for your help,

Wolverine75

DeletedUser5800

Sadly there is no way to boot an AM, you would have to send a message to all of your members explaining that a new FS was being formed. Leave your current one, start a new one and send them all invites.

EDIT: OR contact support.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5521

When this happened to our fellowship, I contacted support, and here is an excerpt from the response: "What we *can* tell you is that - for Community Management to get involved - the Archmage has to be gone for 30 days or more (as in, not playing in any other worlds either). If that becomes the case, then the fellowship can contact us, we will research it, and forward it to CM to help work it out with the fellowship."

Do contact support, as Pheryll suggested. They will help, if they can..

Good luck! :)

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
...and please share the result because I've heard this suggested and never heard confirmation that it worked.
I became the archmage of my fellowship because the previous AM stopped playing. I had to contact support and they checked that she hadn't been playing for more then a month and then they made me the AM. So I can confirm that this is the right course of action and support will make another member the AM.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Hey now....we can be helpful sometimes :oops::rolleyes::p:cool: We can be coooooooollllll (I think that is still a thing for the support population :O)

As stated, reach out to support :) They will evaluate your situation and move forward from there :)

And a friendly reminder, no direct discussion of support tickets :p

~Xelenia

DeletedUser9601

I guess my group was too impatient. We talked for a couple days amongst ourselves, appointed a new archmage, and came up with a new name altogether. Then we moved everyone (probably around 20 people) over to the new fellowship. That was over two years ago and we're still going strong.
Your way is probably also a nice way to cull the very inactive players. Moving to the new FS requires someone be proactive about their gameplay experience.

Thistleknot

Your way is probably also a nice way to cull the very inactive players. Moving to the new FS requires someone be proactive about their gameplay experience.
Now that you mention it, we did lose a few players in the transition. Like you said, players have to be active to move to a new fellowship.

DeletedUser3821

I guess my group was too impatient. We talked for a couple days amongst ourselves, appointed a new archmage, and came up with a new name altogether. Then we moved everyone (probably around 20 people) over to the new fellowship. That was over two years ago and we're still going strong.
We went through the same thing...did what you did as well. It's worked out very well for us. :)