• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Archmage overview settings

Tavina

Hi,
There are 3 settings for accepting players into the Fellowship, Join Directly...Application and Closed. I had it set to Join Directly which gave me some great players but now I'm about to delete 7 in-active players, if they don't respond by a certain date. my question is what would be the best setting to have the Fellowship at, and If I chose Application would a request to join show up in "Requests" so that I could approve it.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
A fellowship works best and is most enjoyable if it’s a group of like-minded player(s) with similar in-game goals. Therefore, I feel like one should vet candidates to see if they fit first. It is more work upfront, but avoids drama later, like getting people to contribute if you have minimums or booting inactives. Hence, I prefer by application instead of having just anyone walk in from the street. I would first ask what kind of group do you want? Casual or competitive? Do you care about group events (tourney/Spire/FA)? Group rewards? Iron out your own expectations of the group and find people that share those goals. Similarly, a player looking for a new FS should equally vet the fellowship before joining/applying. A casual player will hate being in a competitive fellowship and a competitive player will not enjoy a casual fellowship.

Note: Even if you vet them, you will occasionally still get some bad apples. You will find some people’s description of themselves simply do not reflect reality. For example, self-professed Spire lovers that can’t make their way out of Gateway or “competitive” players that log in every 3 weeks.

Last edited: