• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Archmage

DeletedUser25004

Hi hope you become a great Archmage, first i will recommend using this site to see what your fellowships strong and weak points are. in regards to goods boost. with that knowledge you can more easily scout for people who can make your fellowship balanced.
https://www.elvenstats.com/fellowship/us2/10429

The link takes you to your fellowship page, and as you can see when you click it, there is a few inactive players that you could consider letting go of.

Second i would advise you to look in the neighborhood, who does alot of trading, who helps alot. and then invite these people.

Third and last of my advice is to make your needs visible. write it in the fellowship name or atleast in the description. and make a thread to your fellowship members, where you tell them what to look for, and ask them to look out in their neighborhoods for candidates too. Possible new members sometimes come on their own but often they need a push.

thats my advice good luck

Crow Last Elf

Any advise on how to chose new members?

Philosophically or are you asking which tools are available?

When I help to recruit for my fs, I think of what the strengths of my fs are, that I (or the AM) want the new member to also have or want to achieve and what the fs needs. Before I was comfortable asking a player to join a fs, I wanted to be clear about what my fs had to offer, that I hoped the player would help build on.

The most important criteria for long term compatibility, imo, is to match expectations regarding activity. If the player has similar visit frequency (neighborly help), tournament participation and spire participation with what the rest of the fs does or expects, it will usually work out.

As @Venar El pointed out, having balanced goods production has been a key consideration in all of the fs that I have been a member of.

Good Luck!

AtaguS

The most important criteria for long term compatibility, imo, is to match expectations regarding activity. If the player has similar visit frequency (neighborly help), tournament participation and spire participation with what the rest of the fs does or expects, it will usually work out.
Yes this is huge! The clearer you get about the fellowship you are leading, the easier to attract and retain the players who will fit and benefit the most. Do you have a nice core of existing players you can confer with? Establish together if or in what direction you want the fellowship to grow, get super clear on the front page so applicants know what they are getting into. Put it out there on the "Fellowships Seeking Members" area of the forum. Good luck :)

DeletedUser25004

The new one is indeed abit cheeky ya hear! Now i have to get used to this one. Its still good though so no loss of quality ;)

truelinor

We keep them around a little longer to gain coins through Neighborly Help. However, that being said, it doesn't look good to a prospective member if they happen to look your fellowship up on Elvenstats.com. lol

It would also depend on if they have conveyed to you the reason for their inactivity. Some people have operations and need time to heal. You can keep them on or ask them to rejoin later. (I confess I have never done the later.)

I think as a clean slate, I would kick all the inactive ones out right now, just so you know what you're dealing with. Unless for some reason you want to keep someone.

I go into more detail on my website about how I go about searching for new members, if you'd like to read it, it's here at truelinor.com

Bethanne Rainbow

We keep them around a little longer to gain coins through Neighborly Help. However, that being said, it doesn't look good to a prospective member if they happen to look your fellowship up on Elvenstats.com. lol

It would also depend on if they have conveyed to you the reason for their inactivity. Some people have operations and need time to heal. You can keep them on or ask them to rejoin later. (I confess I have never done the later.)

I think as a clean slate, I would kick all the inactive ones out right now, just so you know what you're dealing with. Unless for some reason you want to keep someone.

I go into more detail on my website about how I go about searching for new members, if you'd like to read it, it's here at truelinor.com
Many thanks, I’ll check that out!

Bethanne Rainbow

How many members are currently in your FS and how many of them are inactive? The numbers make a difference. If you do not have a full roster and only have a few inactives, you can afford to keep them around for extra help targets. But if you FS has a full roster then booting some of the inactives to make room for new players is important.
We have 6 or 7 that are inactive and maybe 10 active

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am with Kekune^. 6 or 7 is too many inactive players. I would check out Elvenstats and see which of them have been inactive the longest. Target the 4 or 5 players who have been inactive the longest for removal. Send the 2 who played most recently a "are you still playing?" message. The exception would be if one of these inactive players communicated with the fellowship and let you know they had something going on in their life and would not be playing for a while. In that case I would hold their spot.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I just looked up your FS on Elvenstats. It says you have 18 members. 7 are listed as inactive. Of those 7, 2 have played since June 1st. The other 5 have been out longer than that.

Bethanne Rainbow

I think a lot of players would avoid joining with those ratios. Personally, I'd rather see a smaller group of all active players. Either way, I'd only have 10 active fellows, but when a large portion of the group is gone I assume nobody in management cares about activity.
I understand that. Unfortunately, our Archmage had been away for personal reasons and had not been attentive. Then, one day last week she messaged me and said she was leaving and I should take the position. Then she disappeared before I could reply. I'm really not sure what to do.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think with 10 active players, probably my first move would be to ask if people want to keep thing as they are and recruit, or look at merging with another group of around the same size. Sometimes a kick in the pants is an opportunity to make things better.