• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Archmage

• Thread starter DeletedUser1946
  • Start date

DeletedUser1946

Our Archmage left without appointing a new one. How do I apply for that position?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The archmage is the person who creates and owns the fellowship and the fellowship cannot exist without an archmage, so someone in your fellowship has to already be the new archmage.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Our Archmage left without appointing a new one. How do I apply for that position?

You mentioned that the archmage "left." Do you mean that she/he left the group, or is her/his name still in the list of members? Did the AM just stop playing? If the AM actually left the group, then look on your members' list to see who has the title now. Someone must have it. If the AM just stopped playing but the name is still there, then that's a problem.

DeletedUser1946

The AM is still on the list as AM. She and the FS agreed that I should take over as AM because she didn't want to do it anymore. She didn't change her or my status and we haven't heard from her since.
If the AM has simply gone inactive without leaving the group, you can message support and ask them to appoint a new AM.
Thank you so much. I'll message support.

Darielle

The AM is still on the list as AM. She and the FS agreed that I should take over as AM because she didn't want to do it anymore. She didn't change her or my status and we haven't heard from her since.

Thank you so much. I'll message support.
How long has it been since this happened? If it's only been a short time, you'll need to mention to support the messages that show she said that you should take over. Does anyone else know how long chat logs are available to support to review? If this game is like another I played, messages should be available forever but chat logs disappear after a length of time. Perhaps someone else will know more and come on with that answer.

DeletedUser2768

How long has it been since this happened? If it's only been a short time, you'll need to mention to support the messages that show she said that you should take over. Does anyone else know how long chat logs are available to support to review? If this game is like another I played, messages should be available forever but chat logs disappear after a length of time. Perhaps someone else will know more and come on with that answer.

I haven't had to do this, but I've seen in other posts that all you have to do is contact support, tell them you're AM is MIA, and you want to take their place. They should make the change for you.

Darielle

I haven't had to do this, but I've seen in other posts that all you have to do is contact support, tell them you're AM is MIA, and you want to take their place. They should make the change for you.
It would seem to me like they would have to be MIA for quite a while. If it were a few days, I find it difficult to believe that support would take a fellowship away from an AM on one member's say so. If they took fellowships away so easily, then anytime an AM has to be away for a few days, a new member could hijack their group. That is why I asked how long it had been. (And I don't mean to imply there's any hijacking here. I'm just speaking of possibilities.)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I have first hand knowledge of this from my first fs.
Our AM had technical problems and could no longer play on that account.
Even with him starting a new account just so he could explain the problem to support they said we had to wait thirty days before they would make the change.

The good news is. As long as you have mages you really aren't missing much. If the people in your FS all agree you should be in charge then take charge. Who cares about titles? You can get by until support will change the titles.

Darielle

I have first hand knowledge of this from my first fs.
Our AM had technical problems and could no longer play on that account.
Even with him starting a new account just so he could explain the problem to support they said we had to wait thirty days before they would make the change.

The good news is. As long as you have mages you really aren't missing much. If the people in your FS all agree you should be in charge then take charge. Who cares about titles? You can get by until support will change the titles.
Thanks; that's good to know.