• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Are Mermaid artifacts in the Magic Academy?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
According to the announcement when Gingerbread artifacts rotated into the Spire, Mermaid artifacts were getting added to the Magic Academy. However, I have not yet seen a single one. I have 3 cities and I catch almost every Magic Academy rotation. I have seen multiple chances to make Phoenix and Stonehenge artifacts, but not yet a Mermaid artifact. Is my luck just that bad? Has anybody seen a Mermaid artifact in the Magic Academy?

Aritra

I haven't seen ANY artifacts in quite awhile. Weeks?
Not sure how long, but it has been awhile (and I never miss a MA rotation in either city).

Grid Gypsy

The last artifact I saw in the MA was about the time the Moonstone got accidentally added to the spire, and that was a Stonehenge. I remember because I actually won the library so was on the lookout for the other pieces.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The last artifact I saw in the MA was about the time the Moonstone got accidentally added to the spire, and that was a Stonehenge. I remember because I actually won the library so was on the lookout for the other pieces.
I have seen Phoenix and Stonehenge artifacts since then. Just not Mermaid artifacts.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
hahaha New MA rotation had a mermaid artifact! What timing! lol (of course, though, it's in the wrong city, haha)
Feel free to pass it on! I have 1 city that won 7 Mermaid artifacts and I placed it there. But still want to finish upgrading it. I have 2 other cities that won 5 Mermaid artifacts each. Did not place it there yet, but want to when I get more artifacts.

Aritra

Feel free to pass it on! I have 1 city that won 7 Mermaid artifacts and I placed it there. But still want to finish upgrading it. I have 2 other cities that won 5 Mermaid artifacts each. Did not place it there yet, but want to when I get more artifacts.
Would if I could ;)

Blindsider66

I was wondering where the Artifacts had gone. It seems they are even more elusive now that they were put into the MA than before. My Magic Academy appears to be not alone in denying these much needed Artifacts, the Spire has also. Is there any way to end this shortage or should I just deep six my buildings.

Peace
Blindsider66

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@Blindsider66 While it may appear something determined by random number generation (RNG) should show up according to the statistics claimed -- like if they say X will come up Y times out of Z -- the thing is, there is no way to prove or even guess if something is wrong from the data. Here's why: If I flip a coin I have 1 chance for heads, and 1 for tails. It's a 50-50 probability. If I do it twice the chance of getting another of what I had before is .25 because there are two possibilities and a quarter of the time you will get two of the same thing in a row. But what are the chances of getting, say, 10 heads in a row? Pretty slim, but sill in the realm of possibility...and that's the problem. Anything possible in chance can, and given enough chances, will come up. So, somewhere in the infinite scope of coin flipping there has been or will be a streak of a thousand heads in a row, and a thousand tails, and five thousand heads, and five thousands tails. But when something like that happens, nobody will believe it because it's so unlikely they pretty much automatically declare something to be wrong. In the end our response to unusual events -- the more unusual the stronger the move -- is to move closer and closer to claiming something other than the sheer probabilities is at play even if you can quote the exact probability of it and thus prove it could happen.

So I'm of a mind that it's probably just a bit of a "ten tails in a row" time for you. Keep waiting, and watching and I'll bet it turns around and you get a bunch all at once.

AJ

Aritra

@Blindsider66
@ajqtrz

"Consider: One. Probability is a factor which operates within natural forces.
Two. Probability is not operating as a factor.
Three. We are now held within un- sub- or super-natural forces.
"

"if six monkeys are thrown up in the air long enough, they would land on their tails about as often as they would land on their heads"

Are you appreciating the suspense? Do you feel the spell about to be broken?

heehee ;) Now, where's that DVD? mood triggered :cool:
I love Guildenstern. And Rosencrantz, too.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@Arita

You have heard it said that if you put a bunch of monkeys in a room with typewriters they will eventually write Shakespeares' plays. One famous sci-fi story recounted a scientist testing the hypothesis. He put a bunch of monkey's in a room with type writers. After a long wait he reentered the room to find the last page of the last Shakespeare play being pulled neatly out of the type writer and piled on a pile of nicely stacked sheets. Upon examination of all the piles next to the type writers he found all the plays had been written flawlessly, stacked neatly and were ready for publication. Sadly, the scientist went mad, killed all the monkeys, and burned the place down, as I remember it. In the Bible it says, "the lot is cast upon the lap, but God gives the answer." So is it luck or destiny? An age old question which, will never be resolved because....oh wait, are you really wanting to hear the answer?

AJ

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm currently crafting a stonehenge artifact in the MA, which is ironic, seeing as how I just sold my stonehenge base because it was getting too old in inventory and I am hoping the MA will give me a new one. It would be a shame if I finally got 9 artifacts and never got another base for it.

But it's been about a week since I saw a mermaid artifact. I passed it by since I wanted to save my 3 blueprints for the last stonehenge artifact.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I can verify on Beta that Phoenix, Stonehenge, and Mermaid bases are all still active in crafting. And anything leaving crafting on Live would not happen until after they leave crafting on Beta. Same for the artifacts. All three still show up there.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I can verify on Beta that Phoenix, Stonehenge, and Mermaid bases are all still active in crafting. And anything leaving crafting on Live would not happen until after they leave crafting on Beta. Same for the artifacts. All three still show up there.
Great, thanks.

Gladiola

I haven't seen the Mermaids, but I recently had a run where I had Phoenix artifacts with every timed refresh for a day and a half. I was like "I already have a level 10 Fire Phoenix, now leave me alone!"

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I haven't seen the Mermaids, but I recently had a run where I had Phoenix artifacts with every timed refresh for a day and a half. I was like "I already have a level 10 Fire Phoenix, now leave me alone!"
The other 2 Phoenixes are not bad. I also have stage 10 Fire Phoenixes in all 3 of my cities. But as a long term project I am trying to get enough Phoenix artifacts to place and evolve the others. I am torn as to which to do next. I think Aureate Phoenix has better base stats. But I think Storm Phoenix has the better feeding effect.

Gladiola

@Henroo I think the other phoenixes are potentially good. Right now I would rather use scarce blueprints to upgrade Magic Residences I've won in the Spire or possibly make some Royal Restorations. I am calculating that by the time I have enough space in my city for another phoenix, we will see the artifacts again in the Spire. (I think the Mountain Halls and Martial Monastery AWs will be more valuable to me than the Storm and Aureate phoenixes and plan to place them first, but I am definitely open to hearing about how I'm wrong on that.)