• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Are premium expantions worth diamonds?

Zoof

Premium expansion affect tournament/spire costs less than an equivalent non-premium expansion does (if the info from here is still valid). If it's cheap enough for your budget and if you think your city really needs it, I don't see why not. Though, if you're patient enough for it, I recall that there may be even deeper discounts if you can wait it out until (the weekend of) Black Friday, which is a little over 6 months away (Friday, November 25th, 2022). EDIT: At least, I hope so. I'm going off of what others have told me because I barely remember anything about the sale aside from how I got pummeled by offer after offer as if Mike Tyson himself performed percussive maintenance on my face

I have also purchased MA and builder upgrades and even as a f2p player, I have not once regretted those choices. And like three expansions at a 10% discount earlier this year (because I didn't have the diamonds at the time of last year's Black Friday sale)

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Depends on how hardcore you are about tournament and Spire. If you are not one of the crazies to whom every fraction of a fraction of a percent of cost matters more than life or death, then go ahead and buy some expansions. ;)

Besides, for probably 90% of players. space will always be worth more than what expansions do to tourney and Spire cost.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Greetings, as you know ther is %10 discount on premium expantions today.
I was wondering if premium expantions are worth spending diamonds on!
Yes, but ONLY after you have the more important things ... MA maxed and a couple extra builders at the very least. And if you run out of supplies or coins a lot, then magic workshops and magic res are more important. But if you don't, then yes, expansions are fantastic.

Bear in mind that expansion prices increase every time you buy one, so they get EXTREMELY expensive eventually. But yeah, go for it! :)

Darielle

Depends on how hardcore you are about tournament and Spire. If you are not one of the crazies to whom every fraction of a fraction of a percent of cost matters more than life or death, then go ahead and buy some expansions. ;)

Besides, for probably 90% of players. space will always be worth more than what expansions do to tourney and Spire cost.
Very good point.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yes, but ONLY after you have the more important things ... MA maxed and a couple extra builders at the very least. And if you run out of supplies or coins a lot, then magic workshops and magic res are more important. But if you don't, then yes, expansions are fantastic.

Yes, MA to max level should be done by everyone, since it affects so many other parts of the game. Builders less so. One extra for sure, though, as trying to get through the game with only two builders would be rough. I have all five in my US city and never use them all except when prepping for the FAs. My Beta city has three and that has generally worked well. Magic buildings really depend on your luck in the Spire and if you are able to complete the 1st two floors every week, thus getting a chance at one of each every week. I have never bought any and I have 9 and 5 in my US city and 10 and 5 in my Beta city. My Beta city has also been around for less of the existence of the Spire than my US one, so definitely more luck there.

Darielle

Yes, MA to max level should be done by everyone, since it affects so many other parts of the game. Builders less so. One extra for sure, though, as trying to get through the game with only two builders would be rough. I have all five in my US city and never use them all except when prepping for the FAs. My Beta city has three and that has generally worked well. Magic buildings really depend on your luck in the Spire and if you are able to complete the 1st two floors every week, thus getting a chance at one of each every week. I have never bought any and I have 9 and 5 in my US city and 10 and 5 in my Beta city. My Beta city has also been around for less of the existence of the Spire than my US one, so definitely more luck there.
That's true. All of my current workshops and residences were won in the spire. I don't have any non-magical ones, so I really did get lucky there.

As far as builders go, I used to get tremendous use out of all five at once, but less so in later chapters than in the earlier ones, when I was constantly upgrading. Since everything is slow as molasses in the later chapters, I find that I never use the 4th and 5th ones anymore except, as you say, during FAs.

Raccon

Thanks for all your good advice.
My MA is already updated to level 5 and I have 3 builders which I found it to be enough for most of the time. I can wait for black friday special, hopefully it's still at %20 discount. In the meantime I can make some room by replacing a bunch of older and bulkier culture buildings with newer ones.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Magic buildings really depend on your luck in the Spire and if you are able to complete the 1st two floors every week, thus getting a chance at one of each every week. I have never bought any and I have 9 and 5 in my US city and 10 and 5 in my Beta city. My Beta city has also been around for less of the existence of the Spire than my US one, so definitely more luck there.
One other point about magic buildings that never gets discussed is that they reduce your need for builders because magic buildings are upgraded in seconds with a blueprint. In the early days of my cities when all my residences and workshops were normal I bought 2 extra builders to help with the upgrades. Now in the late game all my residences and workshops are magic from spire winnings and my builders often sit idle. I would be perfectly fine with only 3 builders now.

Henroo

Oh Wise One

A premium expansion carries less of a hit in the spire and tournament formula than a research or province expansion. So I would say a hardcore player trying to optimize spire and tournament performance would be more likely to buy premium expansions with diamonds. Then they could use these in place of research or province expansions.