• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Are there still active players?

DeletedUser964

I'm new to this game, only been playing a couple weeks, but I have explored about 5-6 range out form my city and discovered about 30 other players. Only 2 of them seem to be active. Almost all of them have 1 house, 1 workshop and that's about it. There are never any trades of planks, marble, steel unless I post them, and they sit untaken for days (even with 3 stars). Did all the active players switch to the other server?

DeletedUser61

You need to join a Fellowship, which will provide you with 20+ active trading partners plus other social benefits.

We still growing at a 3000 new players per week pace, which is to be expected with a new game that's being heavily advertised.

http://www.gamesbrief.com/2011/11/retention-rate-churn-and-duration/ is a thoughtful article about touch and go players.
DeltaDNA says that typical day one retention rates are 20-40%. Only 16% of games have retention rate of over 50% (September 2014, source: Nick Parker on Twitter) Everyplay’s data suggests that ARPU increases dramatically among players who spend more than ten hours playing a game (October 2014, source: gi.biz) Raf Keustermanns of Plumbee also stated at the Social Games Summit 2011 that any dev should expect to lose 96% of their user base within 12 months. Playnomics have found that approximately 85% of players do not return after the first day.

You're posting in the forum, which suggests that you're part of the 15% who would like to stick around.

DeletedUser964

You're posting in the forum, which suggests that you're part of the 15% who would like to stick around.

Thanks for your reply, but you avoided my actual question. I may be able to find a fellowship, although most seem to require that I have third tier goods to trade or a score of over 5000. Hopefully someone will accept an active player without me having to progress solo though the whole game.

The real quest was does anyone actually still play? It seems that the game had a burst of active players April-Aug and then it died. There are almost no forum posts. Nearly no active neighbors, and even ones that have tier 3 buildings are inactive.

DeletedUser

It seems that when the inactive players are removed, they are just replaced with all new players. If we active players could somehow be pushed towards other active players, that would make the game, especially trading, more enjoyable.

We have a very active trade board in my Fellowship, The Company, come join us.

DeletedUser1083

I'm seeking a Fellowship to join because this is day 2 of my playing the game.