• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Arena PvP (Done like a tournament on the map)

DeletedUser12423

(If there is already a post on this, I didn't see it. If so, I appologize and please ignore this)

So far, I've seen alot of good ideas for early Elvenarians and I've added a couple suggestions myself. But I also noticed some veterans, and I thought, what would I want if my quest tree was full? I must love the game to have played it out, but I want more? Right?

I'm not sure if this is constructive, but I guess the devs will determine that. I've played alot of other games and there is one way to keep any game's "End Game" fresh. Unfortunately, that involves player Vs player tournaments. You could add dailies, but that's alot of work, alot of code for people that might not even do them since they don't need too. But PvP for guild points? A daily Arena? Prizes for the top 10 guilds? Maybe you can take this idea and add more to it. Or maybe, this game is not intended to be a pvp game lol

DeletedUser

Respectfully, Rob, Elvenar is not intended to be a PvP game; it is a city-building game, which is why many of us are here. The strategy involved in this game is how you design your cities to be both attractive and efficient for the long-haul. We already have a game feature where interested Fellowships can compete against each other for rewards. The Fellowship Adventure is a recent addition, but it has thus far proved problematic; the developers are working out the issues in the coding so it may be a while before we see the next one. New chapters are added periodically, new guest races are added (we're expecting the next one soon), so there is fresh content added frequently.

DeletedUser12423

Elvenar is not intended to be a PvP game; it is a city-building game, which is why many of us are here.
Yeah, I was thinking I might be a little left field with that idea too. Thanks for your feedback!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If the PvP arena was purely optional, and the rewards were from the participants I wouldn't see any harm in adding it.
2 players each get the same 15 stacks of troops, and fight 3 battles just like you fight the AI, bringing any of those troops that they wish. Whoever wins 2/3 gets something from the other player, like 10% of MH capacity coins, or even just bragging rights. Maybe there would need to be a cap, like 3 battle sets a day.
It would also be a way to introduce players to fighting.

DeletedUser2870

In that case I would instantly quit.
This game was not set up for PvP, in fact, it was set up not to be PvP, which is for many players why they chose this game.
And already, the devs are starting to add PvP elements.
Inno already has PvP games,so please let there be a -beep- game where we can dispense with that

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Unless the PvP aspect is totally voluntary and the only gains come from an exchange between participants (i.e., no prizes that don't come from the tournament losers themselves) I would no longer be interested in playing Elvenar.

DeletedUser12423

Clearly it was a bad idea. I believe in doing the most good for the most people, and percentages. If only 10% of the players (for example) would like such an arena, then it's simply not a good idea to add. ESPECIALLY at the cost of valued veterans.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's neither good nor bad, it's simply an idea. A veteran player has a little bit of value if they are active in helping new players, but that's pretty small, and other than that there's no reason why any opinion should carry more weight than any other.

I came here, in part, because there is no real competition for resources (saving rank, which doesn't bother me) If the devs think it would attract more players than it repels, they should probably do it. It is my choice whether to walk away bitter or continue.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Clearly it was a bad idea. I believe in doing the most good for the most people, and percentages. If only 10% of the players (for example) would like such an arena, then it's simply not a good idea to add. ESPECIALLY at the cost of valued veterans.
There are some players that are so anti PvP that just mentioning it sets them at def-con 1.
Honestly if the PvP arena was something you had to willingly sign up for every time, and there were zero rewards for winning it, some players would still lose their minds if it was introduced. That doesn't make it a bad idea;)

DeletedUser9601

I'd bet a Main Hall's gold supply that less than 10% of the players make it to Halflings. That doesn't mean Inno shouldn't add another chapter after Halflings.

DeletedUser2870

I'm not anti-PvP in general. I've played Innogames Tribal Wars for years, which is ONLY PvP.
I started playing Elvenar BECAUSE it wasn't PvP.

There's nothing wrong with PvP games. However, this one, especially when I started, advertised with it not being a PvP game. I'm still playing PvP games, though not really intense anymore because it's undoable to meet that requirement of being on 24/7 like with TW, and some of the others I tried where that wasn't needed were not as much fun.
However, THIS game I play because that element is not there. And I'm anti-PvP in this aspect: I do not want that element added here as it, at least for me, takes away the last reason I would have to stick with this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

cleverphox

With all the atrocity in the world and people harboring violence for another, I feel that PvP is not a good thing. Perhaps a P+P to construct something that couldn't be constructed alone would be better and would nurture people helping one another. This is also why I found the change to the Bell Spire/Lighthouse a little too drastic. What it had done, originally, was encourage people to visit other cities and to help neighbors. Now, I'm finding it increasingly more difficult to do my rounds (not for the sheer amount of neighbors, but for the lack of incentive).