• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Artifact Exchange

Minkari

We need a way to exchange one artifact for another, that doesn’t go away. Maybe an exchange building separate from crafting.
I’d love to build up my brown bear from 2019, but there’s no longer a way to do that. I realize the moon Bear event had an uneven exchange but that didn’t last and there wasn’t a surplus of those artifacts to exchange anyways. Why do we have the old style Phoenix pets in crafting but no way to level them? In the new artifact exchange building, we’d be able to exchange older artifacts for newer ones.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
TL;DR A great idea, and a feature that would improve the game, but proceed with caution for balance reasons.

I like it, but I think a 1:1 exchange might have issues: some buildings are better than others, by a LOT, and inno will never fix that. A straight exchange would likely result in weaker buildings being sacrificed and the best ones being doubled up on which leads to balance issues (If everyone had 2 fire phoenix etc)

So, IMO, any ratio less than 1:1 would be better since it would require greater sacrifice to get the uber buildings.

Alternatively, they could only allow an exchange for buildings you don't have, so using it to get a second anything would be impossible. The problem with that is players like myself worked pretty hard to get a level 10 witch hut plus a level 4 witch hut and would like to someday max out the second one.

Minkari

TL;DR A great idea, and a feature that would improve the game, but proceed with caution for balance reasons.

I like it, but I think a 1:1 exchange might have issues: some buildings are better than others, by a LOT, and inno will never fix that. A straight exchange would likely result in weaker buildings being sacrificed and the best ones being doubled up on which leads to balance issues (If everyone had 2 fire phoenix etc)

So, IMO, any ratio less than 1:1 would be better since it would require greater sacrifice to get the uber buildings.

Alternatively, they could only allow an exchange for buildings you don't have, so using it to get a second anything would be impossible. The problem with that is players like myself worked pretty hard to get a level 10 witch hut plus a level 4 witch hut and would like to someday max out the second one.
Good points! I do like that we get a chance during fellowship adventures to get the last couple artifacts we might need. I just don't get why there's evolving buildings in the craft area but no way to level those.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
This has been discussed elsewhere and after reading there and here I agree. The idea I like best is using the crafting area to offer X artifact for Y artifacts. The ratios would vary according to the relative worth of the evolving building. But it's a sound idea.

Another idea that might work is artifact trading -- but of course that's a whole area of coding AND, no doubt, the board would be dominated by offers of "cheap" artifacts from those desperately wanting "expensive" artifacts. Personally, I say let the market decide, but I'm pretty sure others would disagree with that. LOL.

Still, a sound idea in my opinion.

AJ

SoggyShorts

The idea I like best is using the crafting area to offer X artifact for Y artifacts.
I'm not sure how that would work with so many possible combinations.
I see it either flooding the crafting interface or being so rare as to be nearly useless.
Another idea that might work is artifact trading
Push accounts. Even if trades were forced to be 1:1, like you said: there are good and bad ones.
------------------------------------------
I think the Rune shards system from Ancient Wonders might be the better choice.
Let me use my Stonehenge Artifact on my level 4 Witch Hut. Give me XX% chance for it to go in (just like the rune wheel), and if it doesn't, then give me an Artifact Shard that I can collect until I have enough to use them on any Evolving building for a guaranteed evolution.

ElfGunn

About the witch hut: the Misty Forest was my first event, and I didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to evolve the hut after the event ended. I'd love to get it to level 10, any suggestions? Edit: I'm currently at level 7.

SoggyShorts

About the witch hut: the Misty Forest was my first event, and I didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to evolve the hut after the event ended. I'd love to get it to level 10, any suggestions? Edit: I'm currently at level 7.
Currently, it's impossible to evolve old buildings, that's why we're asking for some way to do it.