• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Artifact Fragments

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
For the FA:
The current FA gives 2 artifacts.
The FA has 54 regular spots, 18 tri-color spots, plus 3 starting flags.
  • 5 AF per tri-color
  • 2 AF per regular spot
  • 1 AF per flag
Gives you 201 Artifact Fragments
Doing just one path each stage would give 67 AF which is a lower reward, but
There would actually be a reason to do more than 1 path!

For the Spire:
The current spire gives ~5.5 artifacts per 6-week run
  • 1 AF per encounter
  • 2 AF per gate
  • 3 AF per boss
  • 2 AF per FS gate
Gives you 63 Artifact Fragments +24 from FS rewards for 5.22 Artifacts per 6-week run in a Gold Spire FS.

For the tournament:
  • 1 AF per chest?
  • 1 AF per Royal Restoration?
I don't really have an opinion on AF in the tournament as I feel it's pretty well balanced already

Sprite1313

i would say 1 per chest but none in the bonus chests that way a 10 chests FS could make 1 every 10 weeks it a lot nicer of a number than say 19
On the other hand, it might be an incentive for more FS to strive past the 10 chests. I think many players have commented on the less-than-stellar rewards for chests beyond 10.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
On the other hand, it might be an incentive for more FS to strive past the 10 chests. I think many players have commented on the less-than-stellar rewards for chests beyond 10.
There's been significant pushback from forum users on any suggestion of improving the rewards from chests 11+
It seems like many do not want there to be added FOMO making the new goal all 19 chests and therefore having ~6,000+ become the benchmark instead of the relatively leisurely 1600 points per week.
It's like not wanting better prizes in the FA because doing the FA isn't fun(because the interface still sucks)

That's why I'm on the fence. I could do my share of 19 chests, but I don't really want to, and I wouldn't want the FS strife that would come with it since I'm certain we'd be split between those who want to do it and those who don't.
The FA is a little different I think because the gap between 1 path and a full clear isn't as great- It's only about 3x as hard whereas the jump from 1600 point s to 6600 is maybe 10x or 15x* as much in terms of troops or goods.

*just guessing at the numbers, but certainly from 0-3,000 points is nothing compared to 3,000-6,000

Sprite1313

therefore having ~6,000+ become the benchmark instead of the relatively leisurely 1600 points per week

That's a good point, and I wouldn't want the pain of 19 chests being the new norm. However, if you are already getting 11+ chests, it would be nice to make it more worthwhile. But I can absolutely see it devolving to a lot of pressure to do more than you are able to do in the tourney (especially with the new punishments adjustments for AW levels and research).

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I do like this idea and especially Soggy's suggestion. Given the players are making the suggestions they like and which, in my opinion, would solve an on-going problem, I would support either this or Soggy's suggestion.....but probably a combination of them where you can collect AF's from all kinds of places. As long as it takes a LOT of them to make an artifact it should have mostly positive impacts on the game.

Finally, I would suggest the OP and/or Soggy put out a combined idea with all the math in place. That idea would combine all the great suggestions and make all the ideas work together.

AJ

neeronie

Artifact Fragments

I believe there is an unhappy defect in the current system of evolving buildings.
  • At present one can easily make six or seven of the artifacts required to evolve an event grand prize building; another two are usually offered in an FA following immediately after the event, so most players can evolve to level 9 or 10.
    This is not ideal, because it ties us into having more FA's per year than the four that many players would be comfortable with - and it offers artifacts as prizes in FA's which many players don't want because they are not going to place the building.
    This makes the FA less popular to many people who want special prizes that they can use
    :)

• Having artifacts as prizes in the Spire of Eternity also prevents the designers from offering other prizes that everyone would want.

• We all have dozens of artifacts cluttering our inventory, keeping them just in case the designers find some future use for them - like a conversion option to another kind of artifact - or perhaps even an 'universal artifact' one day.
    The designers are not keen to introduce Universal Artifacts because that makes fully-evolved prize buildings too 'cheap' - and that would upset the players who used real money to evolve theirs...

• At present, the designers offer as crafting recipes the rare, powerful vintage buildings from previous events, like the Phoenixes and the Bears.
    This allows newcomers to the game to collect these powerful buildings - but at present there is no easy way for them to evolve them fully.

Here is my suggestion - 'Artifact Fragments'

160294361_10218807498039152_2919091987264557482_n.jpg

I am hoping they will consider 'Artifact Fragments' in future - little things similar to Rune Shard Fragments, that once could collect in many places like tourny, Spire, FA and events, and perhaps birthday give-aways and log-in bonuses - and when you have enough, you could forge an Universal Artifact for any evolving building you chose.

I think 'Artifact Fragments' would really work well! You could also break up unwanted Artifacts in your store to declutter, and make them into fragments.

I do hope the designers consider my idea! They do not want Artifacts to be common or cheap - this way they could control how many fragments would make one artifact, preserving rarity value - and everyone would be happy. We would also not need as many FA's - because we would now have another source of Artifacts to complete our event buildings. And even if it took months to collect enough - as many as one or two hundred - everyone would eventually be able to fully evolve all their special buildings!!

Giving fragments in the Bonus Tournament Chests would make them more attractive - at present they only give1 Knowledge Point and 1 RR Spell - which makes them pretty ordinary. Giving a few fragments would make the bonus chest so much more attractive!
The same applies to Fellowship Adventures which are far from universally popular, with many players hating them. Give one fragment for every waypoint that a fellowship completes would do a lot, I believe, to make FA's more popular. And if we had fewer FA's because of the new system, the designers could bring back the crafting challenges with fragments as prizes, or some new more powerful mini-event between the big ones, alternating with FA's.

Artifact fragments would make Evolving Buildings a more popular option too - many players like myself seldom place these - which is a pity, given all the work the designers put into creating these!

I do hope this idea will be passed on to the designers for consideration!!
:):)
totally agree, in my smallest city I crafted some Phoenix buildings in the hopes of getting artifacts in Spire, I managed to get 2 artifacts. What a disappointment. It is a good idea to make buildings available but if they cannot be evolved to an affective level, it is a waste of time and supplies to get or craft them.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Great idea.

I think a good addition would be Soggy's concept of having artifact frags in the FA. I think 1 per spot cleared would be a good way to go instead of requiring a full clear to get them.

One error I see in your post is the bonus tourney chests give 1 10kp instant, not 1 kp.

To elaborate a bit on @samidodamage's post:
As the OP, you are allowed and encouraged to update your concept to include or remove things from it until a poll is started. After the poll is placed, no more changes are allowed. The job for the rest of us is to help you tweak the idea. Of course, you need to defend the idea and not let it grow too wide. In the end, it's your post that is voted on, and hopefully passed on.

In the past it has been @Xelenia that we asked, but since she hasn't posted anything since Dec. 24, 2020, I'd suggest asking @helya.
Simply been lurking :) I will be tidying up this section sometime this weekend.

Xelie

Grid Gypsy

totally agree, in my smallest city I crafted some Phoenix buildings in the hopes of getting artifacts in Spire, I managed to get 2 artifacts. What a disappointment. It is a good idea to make buildings available but if they cannot be evolved to an affective level, it is a waste of time and supplies to get or craft them.

This. I got lucky and got all the artifacts I needed. Others in my FS weren't so lucky, despite the fact that they put in just as much or more time climbing stairs. It definitely turned some people off, but if they were more likely to gather fragments the higher they went... well, you get the picture.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I love this idea so bringing it back up to the top. Can we try to get a finalized format and open a poll?

Unfortunately, even if this gets a positive vote here, that only gets the idea forwarded to the devs to think about, or probably reject, since they don't seem to like anything that is even close to a universal or generic artifact. Jack posted this same idea over on the Beta forum, and folks have been more realistic about it there.

Blindsider66

I think Jack's suggested Artifact Fragments are an excellent idea. There are no fewer than six evolving buildings situated within my city. Only partially evolved, with little to no chance of them reaching their full potential. These Fragments, if introduced into the game, could possibly save these hatchling and cub buildings from extinction in my next city reshuffle. I think I could even pretend to like FA's if I thought they could be won there.

Peace
Blindsider66