• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Artifacts and Trading

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Problem: Many players have evolving buildings which are at a mid to low level of evolution because for whatever reason they didn't win enough artifacts when the event happened to get all their building to level 10. Players have been asking for artifacts for old evolving buildings and the only thing done was to offer a way to craft a phoenix from a few cold phoenix or the other way around. And it was offered for only the duration of the event for the most part. In the end we have evolving buildings that can't be evolved any more and/or can't be put in place because we do not have enough artifacts to make it worth the space.

Solution: Add artifacts to the trader and let players trade.

Method: The trader two rows of 3 sets of goods. The first for T1, T2 and T3 basic and the next for T1, T2 and T3 of sentient. A third row could be added with three sets of artifacts, each set reflecting the general value of the artifact or some other arrangement. There are currently seven or eight evolving buildings and I'm pretty sure we will get to nine soon enough.

Pros:

1) End player frustration with having nothing to do with extra artifacts
2) Allow players to evolve buildings that currently can't be evolved because the player lacks the artifact needed and has no way to get it.
3) Removes the need to offer these artifacts in future events or at least lowers the need to offer them or a way to get them nearly as often.
4) Allows more fun in the trader.

Cons:
1) Probably a lot of coding involved, including the addition of another row to the trader.
2) Some people would prefer another method to accomplish the same thing like crafting artifacts or having a "universal" artifact

I'm quite certain I've not even scratched the surface of the pros/cons of this so let's see what you all think/discover/like/dislike about it.

AJ

T6583

My issue with this is that unlike goods, artifacts are currently finite. Unless there is a way to create artifacts at some point there won’t be any available for trading from past events. Also as we’ve seen in the trader already there at players that may have a highly sought after item / good and they therefore jack up the price. Inno has also previously made it known that they will not offer any kind of universal artifact. That could change at some point in the future though as we have been told in the past that we wouldn’t be able to move buildings back into storage and now we have a teleport spell.

Evening Star Selene

I am for it! I could see fellowships working together and creating artifact swaps depending on who needs the artifacts the most! I have several may tree artifacts that I would love to give to a FS member who wasn't able to fully upgrade her tree. Like many other things, it depends on the FS you are in as to how well the solution would work, but I don't see that as a con for the suggestion, rather a con for the FS ;).

michmarc

This has been suggested before and the fundamental problem is that it can be easily abused. There is already enough abuse with KP pushing (create a bunch of accounts and have those accounts give their free 24KP/day to you) and good siphoning (have a large city dump goods into a small city to dominate their way through the tourney/spire -- and then siphon the KP back to the large account). Any additional avenue of trade/swap, especially for limited resources, is unfortunately going to cause more problems than its worth.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
This has been suggested before and the fundamental problem is that it can be easily abused. There is already enough abuse with KP pushing (create a bunch of accounts and have those accounts give their free 24KP/day to you) and good siphoning (have a large city dump goods into a small city to dominate their way through the tourney/spire -- and then siphon the KP back to the large account). Any additional avenue of trade/swap, especially for limited resources, is unfortunately going to cause more problems than its worth.

Thank you for summarising the cons of this idea. For the reasons mentioned above, I will archive this.

Xelenia