• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ask Timon and Rike! (Questions we'd like answered in the next Q&A)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated exclusive Thread where we could post questions we would like Timon to answer in the next Q&A session - instead of the Unicorns and Rotation and Storage that usually drift in!

I have a feeling that a Q&A is coming soon - so lets get all the important questions on paper now!

19059051_10209327494284983_3197371818479202438_n.jpg

I would suggest no discussion in this Thread - just brief to-the-point questions, followed by an explanation of why you are asking - like this, in this format:

Q: Is the moon really made of Blue Cheese?
Someone in my fellowship told me this, but it does not seem likely. If you look at the moon through a telescope, it is yellow - not blue!!
Please explain Timon?
Thanks,

HorribleHarry.

*****​

Here is one to get the ball rolling!

Q. Will there be changes in the way that Diamonds are given in the game?

Hi Timon and Rike!
TrainStation (created by the Slovakian company Pixel Federation) gives one 'Diamond' every day for logging in.

They also give them:

• as a reward when you level-up!
  • as presents to celebrate their birthday and Christmas and other similar events
  • and often to say sorry for game glitches and bugs too!
  • and they allow you to buy Diamonds and gift them to a friend! Which is something I really wanted to do - have Elvenar competitions in the EPL Facebook group with Diamond prizes - which I would pay for out my own pocket..
All of this has been discussed with Support - and the answer form the Design Team is: "Not at this time".
Apparently the game structure is such that Diamonds belong to one player - and are not transferable.

To me this appears a bit short-sighted.
The more Diamonds you give away (in the Events and perhaps as an occasional 'mystery package' in the Tournaments and the daily Treasure Chests too!) - the more people will spend them!
And the more people spend, the more likely they are to buy more...

So not making more use of Diamond purchases and gifts, looks to me like poor business sense...
... regular give-aways of small amounts of Diamonds would make the game more exciting!

Do you have plans to expand the Diamond functionality?

Thanks!
J

29570538_10211413707879019_3838089268208088865_n.jpg

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is the largest public Facebook group with 5000 members,
with hundreds of items of Elvenar facts, as well as a growing collection of videos.
You and your fellowship are welcome to join us!

Last edited:

DeletedUser1016

[1] Is there an ultimate number of visiting races that are planned for the game? I've heard thru the "grapevine" that it may be three [3] more after the Haflings Chapter [chapter 11] for ultimately 14 chapters?

If that is true and there is an end of visiting races, [2] what would be the direction of the game afterwards?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1016

Is there any plans to have the Ancient Wonders [AW] increase levels beyond the current limit of level 20? It has been suggested that if the AW's go beyond level 20, that perhaps it could require only runes to upgrade them, thereby using up any runes that are left over.

DeletedUser8769

Is there any plans in the near future to change the length of tournaments? I feel I only have 2 days to play, upgrade, etc...and the rest of time I have to dedicate to either making goods,trading for non boosted goods, or if one fights you have to spend all of your time making supplies. I can see why people get turned off by the tournaments and don't want to participate in them for the fellowship's sake.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Hello Timon and Rika! Has there been any progress on

• Fixing player movement so that dead cities that are "protected" are moved out of the middle to make room for active players.
  • A system where the rewards from a finished AW don't fill your KP bar costing you your overnight KP LINK
  • Improving the notifications (separate tabs for trades, buffs, and other) LINK
  • Tournament rankings for Fellowships LINK
  • Showing ring distance from city LINK
  • Give us a way to use our broken rune shards when our wonders are already built LINK
  • Showing culture when visiting on mouseover by simply changing the names of buildings in the database
    mm3goi.jpg
Thanks!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Showing culture when visiting on mouseover by simply changing the names of buildings in the database
I thought we got a no on that one.

Otherwise you stole many of my questions :p
Q. Are there plans for further fellowship interactions between players?
Q. Are there plans to improve the trader as a building or the trading system so it is more dynamic/easier to use? (Halfing update is already noted)
Q. Will the combat imbalances in chapters 1-3 be addressed so it is no longer the hardest chapters for combat?
Q. When will the promised removal of the limit of 10 broken shards occur?
Q. There is now an imbalance between negotiating on the world map and combat, are there plans to address this?
Q. Are other good types a possibility in the future or only limited to guest races?
Q. We are reviving all of these guest races back into the world, will there be further development of this part of the story or future interaction with the races we revived?
Q. The wood elves appeared to teach us how to handle the more dangerous races that might come through the portal, can we expect some future guest races will fall into this dangerous category? Any hints?
Q. Is there a chance that fellowships might have levels and bonuses associated with leveling a fellowship?
Q. Fellowship ranks are reasonably limited are there any plans to review this aspect of the game?

SoggyShorts

I thought we got a no on that one.
I thought that the answer was "we are working on something much better" a few months ago. imo simply changing the names of buildings would be a simple fix that would require almost no time until that "something better" gets implemented.
Even for normal buildings, I don't remember what all of the early ones are worth, so just change the name to "temple of ages 1200" (I had to look that up for my example)

DeletedUser2824

I thought that the answer was "we are working on something much better" a few months ago. imo simply changing the names of buildings would be a simple fix that would require almost no time until that "something better" gets implemented.

I'm kind of afraid that if they implemented a quick fix, it would take even longer for them to get around to that "something better". On the flip side, I'm afraid if they never give us a quick fix, we'll never see anything else.:eek:

SoggyShorts

Personally I'm much more interested in answers to questions like
Q. When will the promised removal of the limit of 10 broken shards occur?
Rather than questions like:
Q. The wood elves appeared to teach us how to handle the more dangerous races that might come through the portal, can we expect some future guest races will fall into this dangerous category? Any hints?

My fear is that the Q&A will turn into another 20 minutes of unicorn talk when there are serious game mechanic fixes/improvements that need to be addressed.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying the lore in Elvenar, I just wasn't impressed by it when I started, and have clicked right passed it ever since.
Am I missing out? Is there an intriguing cohesive storyline?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I threw in some story line questions as they are different to normal and still have a chance at hinting at what might be to come. People are already questioning if guest races will be the norm until the end or will there be something else. Of course we could just ask

Q. Will technology chapters always be guest races now or will something new appear?

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Q2. Is there any plans to increase the relic boost above 700%?

Q3. Are you considering re-tweaking the Sorceress?

Hi!
This used to be a really powerful unit.
Then you rebalanced her - and now she is almost worse than useless - I never use mine any longer.
Are you aware of this - and will you perhaps fix it?
Thanks!!

Q4. Player Migration - outward movement

Hi!

My understanding of player movement is that cities inactive for a month, below a certain level, without Diamonds on the books, are flagged for removal, and removed weekly.
We were told that active players would move towards the center of the map, and inactive cities should drift with time towards the map's edge.
Most of my friends and Facebook members report that they do not see this happening - after the initial movement several months back, inactive cities just stay put.
We have been told that cities are flagged for movement - but it is only possible to move a small number at a time...

Could you please explain this works, so I can tell our Facebook group? It is a question that is asked often!
By which mechanism would the outward movement happen?

Thanks!!

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Q4b. What about a check-box for abandoned cities?

Hi again!
Have you considered a check-box for abandoned cities?
In Settings you have a check box for people who welcome player movement.
How about another for people who have given up playing? I have lots like that around me; their city names read 'Gone Away', or 'Inactive' - and sometimes rude comments about the Developers too!
:)
How about a check box you can tick when you abandon a city, so it can be quickly moved to the edge of the map?
If you change your mind, you could un-tick it to be moved back into the active area...